Gold on "Rough Landing"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I still haven't got it :( I don't know what is wrong.

Well, I played this mission twice. The first time I didn't climb the windmill (wasn't using the guide) and didn't get enough kills. The second time I got my gold. Both times there were 3 or 4 guys that spawned along with the 2 guys firing the mortars. I don't know what you could be doing that is not causing them to spawn, but that is obviously your problem.

I forgot about the windmill part. Make sure you climb up, that spawns about 7 or 8 guys. As for the mortar part, I really don't know what else to tell you, I don't know what makes them spawn or if it's just random.

I can confirm it's the final part where you're being fired at by mortars (two solo enemies) no more enemies spawn in this area. There's the tank which gets taken care of and the two mortar guys. This is my down-fall :(

i had the same problem as you do . there is suppose to be 4 or 5 guys that will spawn in the last tank area . after u kill the 2 mortars guys in that area stay there for like 2 min and start shooting the white buildings in that area ( they will explode if i remember) . then u will notice the guys spawn around the area and u can kill them for gold medal . thats what i did and it worked for me :) . sorry for my bad english ...

Edited by IRMA

ah, the infamous run around to get guys to spawn. i've been having to deal with that since playing this game back on the PS2 lol. i can confirm that the above method will work, but you can also backtrack a few areas away and then come back and they will usually spawn.

i had a similar problem with the level derailed trying to get guys to spawn. too bad danger close couldn't have made some fixes to the code to solve some of these glitches.

keep at it man, you'll get that gold medal. make sure to stay up on the windmill for a while, because they don't always spawn properly there either.

i had the same problem as you do . there is suppose to be 4 or 5 guys that will spawn in the last tank area . after u kill the 2 mortars guys in that area stay there for like 2 min and start shooting the white buildings in that area ( they will explode if i remember) . then u will notice the guys spawn around the area and u can kill them for gold medal . thats what i did and it worked for me :) . sorry for my bad english ...

Thank yo so much! I finally got gold on this and the medal which is a silver trophy. I shall now continue with the next set of missions which I have yet to get gold on any.

• 2 months later...

This level has been annoying me for ages now. I'm sure I got the gold back on the PS2 but I forgot all about the windmill and the guy in the building at the start. Hit the non-spawning guys at the mortars as well. =/

EDIT: Got it. =3

Edited by CheesySnake

• 1 year later...

I've been playing this on the Nintendo Gamecube. I know this is a Playstation 3 thread, but that doesn't really matter because all ports of MoH:FL are exactly the same when it comes to level design and gameplay. No matter what I do, the game refuses to give me a gold medal. I've checked everywhere and no matter how many guys I kill, the post mission performance evaluation tells me I only have 76 kills. I just don't understand. What must I do to get a damn gold?

• 4 weeks later...
I just don't understand. What must I do to get a damn gold?

You find some tips e.g. here:

GameFAQs: Medal of Honor Frontline (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Lord Zophar

Remember, that in some of the levels you probably have to return - perhaps all the way to the beginning.

e.g.

"After Barnes catches up and kills the tank, continue forward across the bridge (of course, you may want to consider returning to the start of the level after this to kill some of the extra guys that magically appear after you

leave that area)."

Or

"Don't go across the bridge, instead head right across a covered bridge and to a fire with 4 guys for you to kill."

Or

"In this area, there are around 8 guys (don't have the exact number because I think Barnes and company killed some). Also, do not forget to get the guy in the windmill. A lot of people miss the guys in the windmill and so they don't get 95% neutralization. Also, after all enemies are dead, climb the windmill to get 6 more enemies."

And

"Note, if you finish the mission following my guide, but you still don't get a gold star, then before you exit the level, retrace your steps all the way back to the beginning, yes the beginning, and make sure no enemies remain. The reason for this is because some enemies *magically* spawn behind you in areas you had cleared prior."

Edited by Cobretti

• 2 months later...

I struggled with this today. Ran the level two times not encountering anyone at the mortars (besides non-spawning mortarmen). Both times I had run to the right and hopped over a low stone wall (near the mortar on the right). The third time I ran the level, I went straight up the middle and suddenly 3 or 4 Germans spawned! Got the gold with 79 kills.