So I just did Golden Lion on hard...

chackijhan

And as if it isn't enough with it being extremely hard, the game froze on me several times aswell :mad: Luckily they only happened when I was very low on health so I probably wouldn't have completed the level anyways.

What I'm wondering, are there more levels that has frozen on you guys several times? Just so I know what's ahead of me, I hate when I have to hard-reboot my ps3, I always get the feeling it will break it.

A tip I can give also is that when you're on the back of the truck, throw grenades at the enemy. I can't for the life of me hit anything with the 'Tommy' when I'm on the truck. However it's easier to kill the enemies with grenades I think and saving ammo so you don't have to reload when you jump off.

Edited by chackijhan

• 2 weeks later...

^^^Agree! I hate this lvl so much! The game is terrible! Its impossible to snipe cus first of u need like two headshots. And the hit detection is horrible and the hitbox is overall screwed. And the spawns are not really realistic... But i want this plat!

I think ive played this lvl like 20 times now with no luck. Mostly dying in the garden after u go off the truck the 3rd time. Or when ur crossing the bridge. I havent gotten any further then the bridge. Also it have frozen a few times. :mad::mad::mad:

Wish there was just a way to speed run this one or glich it! id love a youtube vid of this missions completed on hard:think:

• 6 months later...
it frooze once to me on hard difficulty. actually im still trying to complete that level.

it frooze after the part where u go to a garden and u must unblock a door to the guy in the truck get through.

It seems when I played this game on PS2 years ago it always froze there on me too. Hasnt happened on this version though...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Golden Lion froze for me 3 times after I died. Screen just went black and I had to reset the PS3. After about 10 times dying at the first drop off, I decided to make sure my sniper rifle was pre-loaded with 5 shots before I got on the truck, then it was much easier. The garden bit needs a lot of luck with the grenades, you need to at least kill the last guy on the right where the truck stops with a grenade, then run around to where he was and go prone near the wall and shoot the other two guys back by the bench as fast as possible (if you didn't manage to get them with a grenade). Then run back to where they were and pick up the health packs, shoot anyone else in the park, then over to the left wall to shoot the sniper on the roof near the chimney.

The next stop is also quite tricky, I died there a few times as I couldn't get out to stop them triggering the alarm. In the end, I just stayed near the truck and took out all the snipers on the roofs which appear when the alarm goes off. Pretty easy from there on, just be careful.

Just did it on my hmmm 15 th try, i played today whole morning, no go, left it till now, and got it first try, that place at garden/park is sick, if you miss with your nades you have slim chances, those guys by doors jezzz i got 3 nazis spawn instantly when i jumped on right where one guy was, and i couldnt shoot them , because stupid game had BAD hit detection, i had to go around and ofcourse they packed me with bullets from 100% i fell to 30% health, i hardly went thru that baricade, but luckliy next area with uniform i destroyed alarm immidiately and 2 guys, got full health and i was so lucky that i naded the last alarm house before that baricade with RPG, i was so lucky that destroyed it during truck ride with single nade, no enemies came, i throw 4 nades at barricade, didnt even bother with rpg, collected health and stayed by the wall of houses, killed 2 more enemies with sniper and finished the level with full health, the level was super intense, im still sweating lool

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't experience any freezing on the level but it certainly did make me rage a couple times. Especially at the end with that one officer with the Panzerschreck. Didn't kill him fast enough and he sent a rocket up by butt. :pout:

Also, I couldn't stop saying out loud "Why ride the truck? It would be easier to walk."

• 2 weeks later...

Mine didnt froze.. yet.. but for god sake this mission is possibly the worst level I've ever played.. enemy's are glitched in walls or on top of building..

Of course they can hit you and you can't even see them, that's how old school is guys, I used to LOVE that game back in the days when it came out, now I'm wondering if I was drunk or high the entire time I played this game.

I platinumed COD classic and at that point (I've restarted this mission over 20 times)

I'm wondering wich game is harder in these 2.. don't get me wrong cod classic was a fucking pain in the ass but at least doable, this mission is just glitchy as f**k.

Anyway I don't give up and I will plat this game just for the respect of old school.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, I was playing Golden Lion earlier today and I was literally a MINUTE from beating the level after about 5 tries... and the game decided it wanted to freeze on me at the very end. Good thing I enjoy the game, or I would have been really angry that I have to do it over again. The challenge on hard difficulty is definitely worthwhile... can't wait to add this platinum to my collection :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...