Operation Repunzel HARD: Done on first try

Yokel

Ermh ... I don't want to be a wisenose or a bragging biatch, but I managed to pull Operation Repunzel off in the first try I got. :eek: :dance:

Of course it took me 10 times to get passed the first guard unnoticed, but once I did it, I completed the map.

I lost my disguise in the first courtyard with the fountain, I failed to headshot the dude on the balcony where you only have 1 micro square inch to shoot him. I don't have a target-cursor on ...

I decided to play onwards to learn the map/enemies more and see how far I get. I stealthed my way in, crouching with silenced pistol. Take as many headshots you can get and camp around the corners. Use grenades wisely.

When I rescued Gerritt I was about 50% health, the room before him took the best of me.

Then I took point because I feared Gerritt might be shot to death (???) and threw a ton of nades in the upper courtyard. Got hit couple of times but I managed to stay on 40% health. Shot the two guys on the roof (the upper dude has about 1000 health, just keep shooting) ...

And there you have it, I made it. So what to make of this? Am I lucky? Am I skilled? I think my years of die-hard MOH: Allied Assault just paid of, played this game so much on the PC, 10 years ago ...

Patience and a steady shot does a lot ... carefully read and watch walkthrough/vids.

The Golden Lion map was far more annoying since it requires constant performance and far more luck and skill ...

Now on to Nijmegen :)

Edited by Yokel