The Golden Lion freezing

I'm trying that now. One of three things happens on this level: Either the game stops entirely, I somehow get stuck in the ground and can't move but can shoot or I get past the bridge before the pub and black screen.

I've done this level front to back no less then 25 times and if I don't die first one of those happens without fail.

Aggravating.

Whats the level where you're in the back of the jeep and you have to sabotage the cars?I was going through that level tonight and as i got off the jeep i got stuck in a crouch position and couldn't move! Was forced to restart the level.

it's going to be hit-or-miss with the glitches. it one of the reasons why i hate that level and the game. the best advice is to keep perservering while mixing up strategies in the glitched-areas; eventually u will get luck and be able to move on. as far as i know that's all u can really do

Froze once for me too on that particular level, at middle. I was on truck and started to aim and game simply froze. Anyways, it has happened multiple times with many games that if you do something that refreshes display rapidly, my ps3 crash. BFBC1 was most annoying, it froze at least once per gaming session. Dunno if this is a common problem or isolated case with my hardware. There are sometimes connectivity problems (no signal to TV, need to move connector on PS3 a bit) with my HDMI cable, maybe I should replace it first.

Operation Rapunzel didn't give me any trouble so I ran right through it but the next level on the bridge froze a few times.

I'm up to Yard by Yard now. I've been getting some real interesting glitches too like people walking in the air. I heard footsteps, looked up and there are a bunch of allied characters running in the sky.

Just a sloppy port I think which is a shame because the PS2 Frontline is a better game then the 2010 Medal of Honor.

Yea, its a pain. That last section when the truck crashes is pretty much based on luck. Either you kill the two guys behind the boxes and the panzer guy in time or you don't. A time or two before I finally beat it I managed to kill the two guys waiting, run to the side of the house so the sniper wouldn't get me, I aimed down the street to the panzer fellow, put my sniper crosshair right on his chest, fired off four rounds......no reaction they all missed, he fired and killed me. :(

I was upset but finally got through.

• 2 years later...

2013 or not, I just got this game out of the PSN store for nostalgic reasons. I am a Medal-of-Honor-Allied-Assault-Spearhead-Breakthrough veteran and know how this game works.

Busy with HARD mode and indeed ... The Golden Lion is a bitch.

1st try I made it all the way to the point where you get the disguise clothing, but the game decided to glitch me into the ground, paralysing me.

2nd try I got killed at the end where the two guys and the bazooka are raping you (I was out of grenades)

3th time the game froze me midway

4th time I played too quick, which made the game go on overdrive and enemies where spawning uncontrollably and out of place which resulted in alarms going off ...

Even shot the damn alarm once and it went off, WTF?

5th time got killed at the open gras, 6th time again, for some reason the nazi's aren't blown up by nades anymore.

And I probably tried some more times but lost too much health, basically locking you out of a win.

I am NOT going to be frustrated (angry, oke) and will continue because I WILL WIN ... sooner or later, nothing can't be done about it HAAA

I found it interesting how the game freezes and glitches on me only in those moments I am kicking hard ass and flying through the map while 100% health ....

Yap, this is until now the bitchiest level. Screw it, imma go try it again and again and again.

Slow play pays off, but the first try is always WAY better than the 10 tries after that, old story ...

Took almost 5 hours but it is DONE ... I passed The Golden Lion. As mentioned before, I took it slow and really careful, with well placed snipershots and grenades.

I didn't need the 50% health packs at blockade 1 and 4 and finished the level 100% as well.

How I managed to do the level is as following:

When you arrive at blockade 1 you should be 95% or 100% health. After blockade 1 you will have 100% as well. Should be doable 9 out of 10 times, no real problems until here.

When at the truck, equip your silenced handgun and point it to the sky immediately, DON'T TOUCH YOUR CONTROLLER UNTIL YOU ARE THROWN BACK ON THE GROUND. By doing this, you minimize freezing the game + the chance of being hit while on the back of the truck is about 20% instead of 80%

At the second blockade, shoot the alarm, then immediately strafe to the right wall and use it as a cover for incoming Nazi's ... but at least 3 of them will have direct line of sight. (sometimes some nazi don't spawn yet, which is a big plus) Take them out quickly, while strafing left and right about 3 meters (keep close to the wall) ... the incoming nazi will line up at the corner. Throw a grenade (but make sure you use as less as possible). Try to leave the area with close to or 20 grenades and 100% health.

Again at the truck, point towards the sky. When you crush the fence (it makes a big CRUNCH sound), wait 1 second, then turn your view lower and cook a grenade and place it at the 2 nazi's on the right, one near the tree on the right-end and on the left with the door-opening. Supposedly all of them die ... if they don't you lose 50% health easily. If you are on 25% health when you conquered the inner courtyard then THERE IS NO PROBLEM. Just walk back on the grass and aim for the door opening. Sometimes nazi's already spawn, sometimes you have to step in the doorway and back out quickly to trigger them.

Now take your time and kill them from afar until they are depleted. When they spot you they won't shoot because you are too far away (suckers). Easy kill.

Find grenades near the tree (4) and get 100% health again there (its possible).

Watch out for the guy on the roof and the invisible guy on the right roof (ignore him).

On the truck the same, point towards the sky, BUT, when you are near the fourth blockade quickly make sure you have eye contact with the nazi on the right (sometimes he spots you sometimes the guy at the alarm spots you) ... but if you don't look forward, the game might glitch you stuck into the ground when exiting the truck.

This part is a bit luck-based, you should have at least 75% health. quickly throw 2 or 3 grenades at the alarm and diagonally cross the square right into the corner so you can make sure the alarm does not get reached by incoming nazi's, while still being semi protected. This worked very well for me, I didn't even need the big health pack.

Now for the last part, make sure you are 100% health again (almost essential) and have at least 5 grenades.

When the truck drives just look forward and cook grenades to kill the nazi's in the alley so they shoot less. Dont worry about the alarm, its pointless anyway. When you come up to the bridge, (BEFORE THE TRUCK TAKES THE CORNER INTO THE BRIDGE) perfectly throw a cooked grenade (or two) over the river near the boxes where the 2 nazi are. So basically cook a grenade as soon as the truck smashes the gate, so that you have time to aim for the end of the bridge with the nazi's and the boxes.

Ideally they explode(d) when you exit the truck :applause: If this happens you are going great.

Possibly you have 55% to 60% health because of the truckride. Quickly strafe and dodge to confuse the Bazooka guy, while throwing your last grenades at them (if you have more, GREAT). Make sure to pick up health kids 25% + 12.5%

Quickly stick to the wall and grab your Sniper. Strafe a bit, and aim for the two incoming nazi bastards. When done, carefully take out the camper nazi on the roof.

You are done and ready to proceed to the next level, possibly with 100% health

Edited by Yokel

• 2 months later...

The Golden Lion level always froze on me on the PS2. Always right at the pub door as well. So it's nothing new with the game. It doesn't always freeze though, so best to keep trying for people who have had it freeze on them. What sucks majorly is that 'The Golden Lion' level is one of the games hardest level on hard mode. Luckily for myself the first time I was in a position to complete the level on hard (never played the game on hard on the PS2, so it was my first playthrough on hard mode in about 10 years playing the game), the level didn't freeze.

Prior to that I had played the game about 3 times on easy mode just on the PS3 (not counting my PS2 days) and the level froze every time and I needed 2 and 3 times just to get through the entire level. I died at least 15 times on hard mode on the level, so it was pleasing that the level didn't freeze on my successful run.

Edited by JHChiBulls

• 3 years later...