Rate the trophy difficulty...  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_25.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.62

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving this a 4, only because it's hellish finding someone to play online with. Take those four trophies out of the equation and it's a really quick and easy platinum. I got everything outside of online trophies within 5 hours. If a few more people pick this up and we can find boosting partners online, I'd gladly drop this to a 2, maybe even 1.

• 2 months later...

This game is fun and the trophies looks cool. Very easy to plat if you're a good driver, I've plat it in about 3-4 hours in total, the only thing you should think about before buying this game is finding a boost partner cuz the online is dead .. no one in my list even heard about this game, I mean it !

Fair 1-

+ Try playing co-op with a friend, just like the old days .

I rate it a 3. Online Trophies is a must boost. I enjoyed playing the game it was alot of fun.

The Parking Garage race took me 3 hours to beat it over 3 days it was the last race I had to beat for Plat. Even on normal the AI is so cheap in that race it was driving me crazy. I must have finished 2nd 50 times. I recommend you do not try to take the lead till 4th lap.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave this a 5.

Now I'm extremely extremely unskilled at racing games so that definitely influenced my rating. If you're good, this is a 2. Now the reason I gave this a 5 is because of 3 things.

A. Crazy Eddie- I don't care what the guide says, demolition derby and domination were impossible for me on this trophy. I eventually got it in a 2 lap race.

B. The parking lot in level 8. Fuck that level

C. The bowtie in level 9. Again, fuck that level

Besides these things though, the game is more or less a cake walk. Sure, the bullring domination events are annoying but nothing impossible. Again, if you are good at racers, this should be a breeze as the 2 hardest events are races.

For being so cheaply made, it was a fun game. It was bad but it was the right kind of bad that made it fun.

I gave this a 5.

Now I'm extremely extremely unskilled at racing games so that definitely influenced my rating. If you're good, this is a 2. Now the reason I gave this a 5 is because of 3 things.

A. Crazy Eddie- I don't care what the guide says, demolition derby and domination were impossible for me on this trophy. I eventually got it in a 2 lap race.

B. The parking lot in level 8. Fuck that level

C. The bowtie in level 9. Again, fuck that level

Besides these things though, the game is more or less a cake walk. Sure, the bullring domination events are annoying but nothing impossible. Again, if you are good at racers, this should be a breeze as the 2 hardest events are races.

For being so cheaply made, it was a fun game. It was bad but it was the right kind of bad that made it fun.

I couldn't agree with you more on b and c. I am ready to snap this damn disc. If it wasn't for those 2 levels I would give this game a 2. I have to go with a 5 cause I have played these 2 missions at least 30 times each and I can't beat them. Any suggestions on what car to use? I just want to be done with this damn game so I can send it back.

I gave this a 3. The trophies were mostly easy and most of the non-story related trophies can be obtained without trying or at the later stages of career mode.

I will agree that the parking lot & bowtie events in Chapter 8-9 respectively jack up the difficulty by a +1. They are tough events because its easy to go from #1 to last place if a car hits you and the game's shitty drifting/brake controls can cause your car to spin out of control.

I used a monster truck to get past these two events but I don't think any type of car would make any difference because it requires patience and persistence to beat those 2 stages.

Overall, this game is platinumable within 1-2 days if you can get past the tough races in Issue #8 and #9. Definitely a rental at best because Mayhem 3D has awful graphics and poor game physics.

I couldn't agree with you more on b and c. I am ready to snap this damn disc. If it wasn't for those 2 levels I would give this game a 2. I have to go with a 5 cause I have played these 2 missions at least 30 times each and I can't beat them. Any suggestions on what car to use? I just want to be done with this damn game so I can send it back.

I used a monster truck for the parking lot and a regular car for the bowtie. I don't know if they helped but that's how I got them. With the bowtie, you need to start your turns early to try and not hit anything. Also, while turning, giving a little boost can help to straighten you out. Good luck.

I used a monster truck for the parking lot and a regular car for the bowtie. I don't know if they helped but that's how I got them. With the bowtie, you need to start your turns early to try and not hit anything. Also, while turning, giving a little boost can help to straighten you out. Good luck.

Finally got them, what a pain in the ass. I used the regular truck and it took me a while to beat the parking garage. The cpu was pretty cheap in that one. Now I just need to find someone online, lol. I will be glad to be done with this game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

dont have the online trophies yet, but dont seem hard if i get a boosting partner..

i have to agree with the car park race.. i kept barely getting 2nd like 5 times in a row.. then i had to switch to some other car then got it.. i think i spent like 45-60 min just on this..

overall, less than 4 hrs for all the solo stuff.. hopefully not much more than an hour for the online ones...

id say 3/10 is a fair statement...

i will go with a 1 or 2 now... really, the only somewhat difficult part is finishing some races in first place.. but once u know to pick a car with good speed and proper handles, shouldnt be too bad..

platinumed in about 3.5 hrs total... thanks for the guide! (altho u dont really need a guide for this game!)

Mayhem 3D platinum difficulty- 2

It's easy.. well, until I got to this parking lot race. Took me far too long to get passed that, considering I had already beaten the following chapter. Everything else was a cake-walk. Thanks be to STARKILLER--1138 for logging in and helping me out with the online portion of the game. Only took like 3 minutes to get all the online trophies. Thumbs up.

Edited by Rubbercons

4/10. Racing isn't exactly my "specialty genre," but I don't suck at it either. Given that background, Mayhem 3D took me somewhere around 6-8 hours, and although most of the game was a cakewalk (and the online trophies took no more than 10 minutes to boost) almost all of the "push the cars into the pit" levels managed to annoy the freakin' hell out of me, especially the last two.

• 1 month later...

I said 3/10. I should have put two but my frustration with the garage parking race was coming through. That level sucks. I only need the online trophies for the platinum so I feel okay rating this game now. It really was a fun game. Reminded me a lot of the original Destruction Derby on the original PS. Good memories. Wish I would have had some 3D glasses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...