Just Wow!

Gamer42

This game is unbelievable. Not in terms of graphics (it has nothing good to offer), or gameplay (the drift mechanics and steering are terrible), but unbelievable for the fact that they put the Parking Garage level in Chapter 8. I mean seriously?!? :confused:

I won't say anything else about it as I don't want to spoil the 'Fun' for future players, but it drove me batty. It has become the platinum killer for me on this game. If you are awesome at driving games, then a few tries should be all you need. But if your just an average race game player (like me), well good luck.

I had fun boosting, and making a couple new friends in the process, but forget this. I played that park for 3 hours and all I have to show for it is a large blister on my thumb. :mad:

Wow, ....... I'm moving on to a different game now....... :(

• 1 month later...

forget what all the guides are saying, and use the "sport" monster truck, after getting used to the drift, e-brake (circle button), boost (X button) combo trick around turns you will be able to knock this race out with ease, i managed under 4.16.00 for first place finish. good luck and hope it helps u get ur plat!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
forget what all the guides are saying, and use the "sport" monster truck, after getting used to the drift, e-brake (circle button), boost (X button) combo trick around turns you will be able to knock this race out with ease, i managed under 4.16.00 for first place finish. good luck and hope it helps u get ur plat!

^This. I only used monster truck "The Behemoth" (2nd on bottom row) and got it on 6th attempt. Everytime I got better. My winning time was 4:06:09. 2nd place was 4:15 and 3rd was 4:36! Just use boost when its safe, be wary of oncoming traffic at the big 540dg turn at start and DO NOT use boost on the big jump - you will always lose control at the turn when you land. When you get in first, drive conservatively. Cut corners, but not too hard. One spin out and its all over. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Been playing this and wholeheartedly agree. What's worse is it seems the AI is more concerned about taking you out than winning the race. At one point I was passing an AI and it deliberately turn and ran into me rather than just driving by to the next turn.

I know! I seriously had AI ramming me off the road along with themselves and it's like, you seriously don't care about winning do you?

And on OPs note, this level sucks. It's such a pain.

• 4 months later...

This was the hardest level for me (the second hardest being the final timed demolition challenge in under 2 mins 30 secs).

The way to go is definitely Monster trucks - everything else gets pushed around too easily with the erratic AI, that are basically in the race to prevent you from winning any way they can.

My winning time was 4.05, but I came second on one attempt with a time of 4.01, which was massively annoying.

Definitely do not boost on the 2 big straights, just concentrate on getting round the corner without crashing. Do short boost bursts where you can, but the real key is to avoid the head on collisions by keeping on the inside after the very sharp left hand turn. It took me 2 hours to crack this one. I used the truck on the bottom row 3rd from left, as i think it had the most resiliance to being shunted around.

I had troubles with this one also, this is one of the 2 difficult levels. Best tip i can give here, if you get hit and are turned around, don't trie to turn and drive backwards to straighten your car it takes way to much time, inseead instantly hit select when you get hit, you'll get repositioned that way, and save your boosts for when that happens so you'll be on top speed again in no time.

the second hardest being the final timed demolition challenge in under 2 mins 30 secs

This one is the one i havre most troubles with. Infact its the only one i need. I'm at 137/138 stars now and cant get past this one, keep coming half a minute short. Any tips for this one?

For the final challenge in under 2 mins 30 secs, tips are:

1) Use a truck, I chose one with a 3 bar bull bar on the front. Top row near the left. Dont use monster truck or any of the cars.

2) First off hit the white car that is side on in front of you - if you shunt it right you get rid of 2 trucks with one push almost straight away

3) if you mis-time a hit and end up glancing a target, dont reverse and try again, just keep going and take out the next target along.

4) Push targets to the wall then its much easier to push them out of the ring that way.

5) Save boosts for when you need extra power in pushing a car

It took about an hour of frustration to crack the time limit - but when i did finally manage iI had 15 seconds to spare, so it is very possible just keep trying.

• 2 months later...

I haven't even gotten to Chapter 8 yet, and this game sucks so badly that it's time to go back to Gamefly. The steering is ridiculous. The AI is atrocious (as said above). All it does is try to kamikaze me in every race. Sometimes it take 2 or 3 hits on a car to stun it during the challenges.......I'm sure we all love games altering their "rules" as we go along.

Garbage.

• 2 months later...
^This. I only used monster truck "The Behemoth" (2nd on bottom row) and got it on 6th attempt. Everytime I got better. My winning time was 4:06:09. 2nd place was 4:15 and 3rd was 4:36! Just use boost when its safe, be wary of oncoming traffic at the big 540dg turn at start and DO NOT use boost on the big jump - you will always lose control at the turn when you land. When you get in first, drive conservatively. Cut corners, but not too hard. One spin out and its all over. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I used the Behemoth as well after reading your post. When I first tried this with regular vehicles I was always getting knocked around. It's not about speed on this level, they'll keep the AI close to you know matter how much faster you drive. It's all about control. It took me about three times completing it with another dozen restarts scattered in there.

It's really neat when several trophies and the platinum all pop in succession.

• 1 year later...
This was the hardest level for me (the second hardest being the final timed demolition challenge in under 2 mins 30 secs).

The way to go is definitely Monster trucks - everything else gets pushed around too easily with the erratic AI, that are basically in the race to prevent you from winning any way they can.

My winning time was 4.05, but I came second on one attempt with a time of 4.01, which was massively annoying.

Definitely do not boost on the 2 big straights, just concentrate on getting round the corner without crashing. Do short boost bursts where you can, but the real key is to avoid the head on collisions by keeping on the inside after the very sharp left hand turn. It took me 2 hours to crack this one. I used the truck on the bottom row 3rd from left, as i think it had the most resiliance to being shunted around.

I had troubles with this one also, this is one of the 2 difficult levels. Best tip i can give here, if you get hit and are turned around, don't trie to turn and drive backwards to straighten your car it takes way to much time, inseead instantly hit select when you get hit, you'll get repositioned that way, and save your boosts for when that happens so you'll be on top speed again in no time.

This one is the one i havre most troubles with. Infact its the only one i need. I'm at 137/138 stars now and cant get past this one, keep coming half a minute short. Any tips for this one?

For the final challenge in under 2 mins 30 secs, tips are:

1) Use a truck, I chose one with a 3 bar bull bar on the front. Top row near the left. Dont use monster truck or any of the cars.

2) First off hit the white car that is side on in front of you - if you shunt it right you get rid of 2 trucks with one push almost straight away

3) if you mis-time a hit and end up glancing a target, dont reverse and try again, just keep going and take out the next target along.

4) Push targets to the wall then its much easier to push them out of the ring that way.

5) Save boosts for when you need extra power in pushing a car

It took about an hour of frustration to crack the time limit - but when i did finally manage iI had 15 seconds to spare, so it is very possible just keep trying.

I simply cleared this level, then went on through Chapter 9. Once I unlocked the last of the vehicles, I went back and 3-starred this using the fastest monster trucks - I ended up with one of the ones on the bottom right. They are much faster and still very solid.

I ended up clearing it on my third attempt, time was around 3:45. I actually lapped a few vehicles.

Your tip for the final challenge is spot on, use a pickup truck, not a monster truck.

Were it not for the online trophies, I would have had this platted in about 3 hours.

• 1 year later...