Is this game any good?

Skullz_69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like it :D

Not much of a fan on racing game, but the game itself is fun with different ways to destroy or race with the A.I or with a bubby. The online is dead so you can't really enjoy 7 others players destroying each other on the same area. If you purchase the game NEW ($17 at GameStop), it come with 3D glasses so the replay value & graphics goes up by a bit IMO. Its not a difficult game to master, just hold :r2: for gas & your all set.

• 1 month later...

I was impressed. Really, I picked it up at Costco for US$ 9.99, just because the cover caught my attention. Anything that gets my attention for this price, I'm buying.

So I got home, unwrapped it and stuck the disk in the console, then I couldn't take it out until I beat it.

The graphics is what I like the most, as it is all high-contrast just like "cheap B-comic style", like Sin City before the fame.

I am a hardcore petrolhead, so you can tell GT5 is the game that mostly stays inside my PS3. But I like to have that arcade feel sometimes, and along with Burnout Paradise, this is now my favorite arcade-style racing game.

Also, it has, somehow, an old school feel to it.

So, overall, a very cool title for the price.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep reading that this game 'New' comes with a pair of 3D glasses. What about those of us who rent? Is there a way to play this in standard 2D since we won't have glasses?

I played this game recently and never used the 3D glasses, u can play it ok without them :)