XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PST Central > The Maximum Clubs

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #71 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

*Update*

Originally we had decided that however many Platinums a member had we'd enter them into lower-tiered Clubs as well since they technically would qualify to be there (this is if they had a substantial amount of Platinum trophies to begin with).

Example: Someone having 100 Platinums and we entered them into the 25, 50 and 75 Clubs as well.

But in order to clean up the individual Clubs and reduce the amount of confusion this has been causing, we're now only going to have members in Clubs they should be in. So if you have 100 Platinums you're only going to be added to the 100+ Milestone Clubs and not the lower-tiered Clubs as well.

We feel this will keep the still under-construction Milestone Clubs a lot cleaner and more organized.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #72 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to xxnintendopimpxx

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

It's like you knew about my TrophyQuest leading to my retierment. I like!

Last edited by xxnintendopimpxx; 11-12-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
Maximum Clubs Lead

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission   Staff - Clubs Director   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Nice idea! I'll be signing up shortly.
I just need to head over to the UK PS site since it's the only one I know of that lists EU titles.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #74 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Silver Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   Bright Idea!   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!

***Important Update 13 November 2010***

Since the launch of the Milestone Clubs we've already encountered concerns regarding hacked game saves/Platinums. Current guidelines for the Maximum Clubs/Milestone Clubs dictates that a member may not be allowed to participate in said Clubs if they have these types of games on their profiles. However, the one saving grace that we've extended to members within the Maximum Clubs is allowing them to participate in the Clubs (minus their questionable Platinums) as long as they informed us up front which Platinum(s) were illegitimate. Keep in mind many factors contribute to this and it's always on a case-by-case basis.

What we've decided to do in order for more people to be able to participate in the Milestone Clubs is give members an opportunity to come clean and let us know up front which illegitimate/questionable Platinum trophies they have on their profiles. This can be done privately in PM's. If you decide to PM privately, you must send the message to all 3 Directors. No exceptions.

How it works:
  • All you have to do is send all 3 of us Directors a private PM letting us know EACH illegitimate Platinum you have on your profile. You don't have to send 3 different PM's. Just write 1 PM and cc it to Yoshi_Girl, jmowen and Dark_Phantom89.
Those who choose to come forward with this information will be allowed to enter the Milestone Clubs (minus your bogus Platinums). However, if you've signed up previously or sign up in the future and we later discover hacked Platinums, hacked game saves or other questionable issues with your profile, you will be permanently banned from the Milestone Clubs. No questions asked.

Anyone currently on the Milestone Clubs is advised to PM the Directors immediately if you have questionable Platinums on your profile before we find out. All we'll do if you notify us is simple deduct the Platinums and move you to the appropriate Milestone Club (if applicable). Irregardless, all hacked/illegitimate/questionable Platinums will be deducated from your total, and the number of Platinums left will be the Milestone Club you're entered in.

NOTE: Those who are found to have modified and/or jail-broken PS3's thus giving the player an additional unfair advantage trophy-wise are automatically disqualified from the Milestone Clubs. Those who fit this bill and are discovered to be in the Platinum Clubs will be removed immediately.

This announcement isn't to be confused with known in-game glitches in which developer error is the issue. Certain games (like Buzz! Quiz) are well known for having a severely glitched trophy set. In that case, we're not holding it against you. What we're talking about is entirely different. But in any case, this is a very good opportunity for more trophy hunters to enjoy the new Milestone Clubs. Those who might have made a few mistakes in the past can still participate. You just have to be up front with us as opposed to us finding out later on when it's too late.

If anyone has any questions about this amendment please contact us and we'll do our best to respond as promptly as possible.

Thank you.

Yoshi_Girl

Jmowen

Dark_Phantom_89

Last edited by Yoshi_Girl; 11-15-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #75 (permalink)

Hello everyone,

As of this moment we're launching the "Complete Clubs". This new set of Clubs are for individuals who have obtained the Platinum trophy in games in which any given Complete Club represents. As an example, if you've aquired the Platinum in Bioshock and Bioshock 2 then you're welcome to sign up for the Bioshock Complete Clubs.

All sign-ups for the Complete Clubs will take place in the Platinum sign-up thread (Or PSN 100% thread whenever we get Clubs added there as well). No exceptions. All you have to do is state neatly in your post that you're interested in being added to a specific Complete Club and, upon verifiying your request, you'll be added within a reasonable amount of time.

Here's a few reminders and rules though:
  • If you're eligible to join the Maximum Clubs then you're eligible to sign up for the Complete Clubs. See Post #1 in both the Platinum Club and 100% Club sign-up threads for details. But to briefly indulge you - 50 non-spam posts are required. You must possess a valid and verifiable trophy card in your Signature. And by verifiable I mean a card we can click on to access your complete profile of games for verification. Please make sure your coding is correct when adding a card to your Signature.
  • You MUST have the Platinum trophy for EACH game represented in whichever Complete Club you're wanting to be added to. No exceptions. If a Complete Club has 4 games and you've earned the Platinum in 3 of them, you aren't getting in.
  • 100% in DLC isn't required to be added. You just need to have earned the Platinum trophy in the base/core game.
  • Due to the nature of the Complete Clubs, no one with hacked save files will be allowed to participate. This is even if you let us know in advance that you have them. The Milestone Clubs are different in the way we make exceptions there because we can simply deduct the hacked save file/game from your Platinum total and still allow you to join. With the Complete Clubs, members are joining an exclusive venue in which a lot of hard work and effort went in to legitimately completing each game within the Clubs. Hacked save files/games only serve to derail what these new Complete Clubs stand for, and as such they wont be allowed.
  • We reserve the right to amend the rules of any aspect of the Maximum Clubs at any time.
  • We reserve the right to refuse anyone entry into any aspect of the Maximum Clubs at any time. However we'll provide the user with a notice as to why. In the majority of cases, this will be due to cheaters trying to skirt the system, incessant whiners or anyone displaying an overall unpleasant attitude towards the Staff as a whole, Maximum Clubs Directors and/or the community at large.
  • There will be no Top 5 in any Complete Club. These Clubs are just to display the names of everyone who qualify to be there. So in that regard, there's nothing significant in 5 people signing up before anyone else.
As of launch time we'll only be starting off with a few Complete Clubs, most of which are from popular franchises. During the next few days I'll be adding a ton of new Complete Clubs (this will include the PSN 100% forum). But in the mean time, you're welcome to sign up for the existing Complete Club if you meet the requirements.

As a reminder, when signing up for a Complete Club, just state something similar to the following:

PSN: Yoshi_Girl

God of War Complete Club

See? Nothing to it. But keep in mind if we see a request for any Complete Club we WILL expect you to have earned the Platinum in each respective game. But other than that, you guys get the picture.

Enjoy!

Platinum Club Sign-Up Thread.

PSN 100% Sign-Up Thread.

Feel free to PM one of the Directors with any questions you might have. Thank you.

Last edited by Yoshi_Girl; 11-30-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #76 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Guide Supplement Silver   Word of Mouth - Gold   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

I saw you creating some of these yesterday hehe..nice idea
Old 11-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #77 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Member of the Month Winner   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   The Silver Lining   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)

I like these new clubs It's good to see the MCs constantly evolving with new ideas. I do have a question though. What happens when the next game in the series comes out? e.g. Another CoD, Bio Infinite or Uncharted 3. Does the club just get emptied?
#131 - Sniper Elite 3
Trophies - League of Legends - My Gallery

Sig by a crazy person.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #78 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

I like this idea, but would it not be easier to have a seperate sub forum for these clubs, that way we can easily see which clubs have been created without having to go through all the platinum clubs sub forums???

My Trophy Guides & RoadMaps
Lego Harry Potter|History Great Battles Medieval|SAW II|Marvel Super Hero Squad
Venetica|Lego Star Wars 3|Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
My Collectables Guides
Lego Harry Potter|Marvel Super Hero Squad

Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingToaster View Post
I like these new clubs It's good to see the MCs constantly evolving with new ideas. I do have a question though. What happens when the next game in the series comes out? e.g. Another CoD, Bio Infinite or Uncharted 3. Does the club just get emptied?
Good question.

I'm not sure how we're going to handle that yet but rest assured we'll come up with as smooth of a transition as possible. Emptying the Clubs and starting from scratch is one idea for sure. But we'll entertain ideas from the Staff/community whenever the time comes to handle that situation.

Thanks for bringing that up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultsmith1980
I like this idea, but would it not be easier to have a seperate sub forum for these clubs, that way we can easily see which clubs have been created without having to go through all the platinum clubs sub forums???
Another good question, but that's something I'd have to ask Olsen. We'll get back to you.

Last edited by Yoshi_Girl; 11-30-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #80 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to GODCHILD1020 Send a message via MSN to GODCHILD1020

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Platinum Submission   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Bright Idea!   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultsmith1980 View Post
Great question. When I first read this and went to the forum I thought that is what I would have seen under the Milestone club.

Closed Thread