XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3T Central > The Maximum Clubs

Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to dougatt

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Platinum Submission   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Default ** Maximum Clubs FAQs, Queries & Feedback**

FAQ

1. How are lists ordered?

We are currently implementing a Top Five within each thread, after some debate and feedback we have judged this number to be a happy medium between adding a friendly competitive nature to the threads and a manageable amount of 'timestamp' checking. The Platinum Club Top Fives will be ordered as appropriate using the various 'feeds' available, DLC and 100% clubs will continue to be ordered on a 'first post, first served' basis only. Once the Top Fives have been finalised, all subsequent sign ups will be added in alphabetical order. Top 5's earned for multi-region games and DLC's do not count towards the Top 5 site award.

2. I haven't got 100 posts yet or been a members of the site for three months, but Iíve posted anyway. Will my games get added?

No, the rules exist for a reason so please respect them. In the case of the 100 post minimum, its idea is to encourage 'lurkers' and new members to become more active in the forums. Maintained higher activity will stimulate PS3T's growth to the benefit of all members, old and new.

3. Can I sign up using multiple PSN ID's?

No. You may only sign up with one PSN ID to keep it fair for everyone. We don't allow you to sign up using more than one ID just like we don't allow users to have multiple PS3T accounts. If you have been using one ID and want to change to another, let us know because your old ID will have to be removed from all clubs previously signed up for before your new one is added. If you have earned the Top 5 award with an old ID, it will not be taken away.

4. How do I know if thereís an issue with my post?

If there's a reason why we cannot accept or process a sign up post, we will as a courtesy add a brief note to it and leave it visible for a further 24 hours before deleting the post. We only maintain a record of what posts we have deleted for a week, so please don't ask us why a post was deleted after this time.

5. How does DLC work (multi posts)?

Any game that has had DLC released which adds to the initial 100%/Platinum trophy count will have an addional Club within it's thread for each DLC. Any member who has achieved all trophies within a DLC will be added to that club as well as the original 100%/Platinum club.

6. Iíve just obtained the Platinum trophy in X Game, can I submit it straight away?

Ideally, it would be better if your trophy card has updated before signing up. Any sign ups saying 'I've just got this so it isn't showing yet, please check my PSN profile if you don't believe me' will be left for 24 hours to enable the card to update.

7. How do I show DLC on my sign ups?

In order to make our jobs of updating the threads as straightforward as possible, please take a minute or two when signing up to provide full details of any DLC earned. Where DLC details are not clearly stated and you do not have 100% we will only add you to the Platinum club. Examples of a clear sign up are as follows.

* Burnout Paradise + Bikes + Party Pack + Big Surf Island
* Burnout Paradise & all DLC

Please also note that listing your games in alphabetical order also makes life considerably easier for us to action your post.

8. Do I need the original Platinum to post a DLC entry?

Yes, to sign up for any club you need to have at least achieved the initial 100%/Platinum in a game.

9. Do I need to include games that Iíve already signed up for?

Having to verify and check through posts only to find you are already listed in a club is extremely time consuming, so please take a few minutes before your first sign up to check the clubs for any game that you may have previously signed up for in the separate game forums.

10. Platinum Club Abc or Complete Club Xyz has not been created yet; what do I do?

Sign up for the club and we will create it. There is no need to make a thread or a post asking for a club that hasn't been created yet, especially if you don't qualify to sign up for it. We don't want to create a massive clutter in the already crammed max club forums by having a bunch of empty clubs. If you are really needing to ask a question, please just send any one of us a PM.

11. My sign up post has been deleted but I'm not yet on the list, should I submit again?

Please remember that we have to fit this in around our jobs, real lives etc. As a result there may sometimes be a lag between your post being noted down and the club updated. Please leave at least 12 hours from the time your post was deleted before assuming something has gone wrong. If you have not been added after that time, please post in the 'Maximum Clubs Problems/Corrections Thread,' or send a message to any of the Directors and we will be glad to resolve the issue.

12. Is auto-popping trophies against the rules?

No, however it's not fair to add someone to a Top 5 for auto-popping a plat or 100%, therefore they would just be added to the regular list. This rule even applies if only one trophy for the game is auto-popped.

Last edited by VazzVegas; 01-06-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Update
dougatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

How come the DLC for games like Fallout goes above the games original platinum is it just due to ease of editing the posts ?

TriangleOffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Platinum Submission   Member of the Month Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleOffense View Post
How come the DLC for games like Fallout goes above the games original platinum is it just due to ease of editing the posts ?
I don't really have an answer for you other than it's the format from x360a. We were using that as a template to get these started and that kinda came with it. As far as ease of editing there are actually a couple of extra steps in putting it at the top as opposed to the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyQuid View Post
I love dougatt's sneak attacks posts. You don't hear from him for weeks and then POW!!! The guy's like Batman.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougatt View Post
I don't really have an answer for you other than it's the format from x360a. We were using that as a template to get these started and that kinda came with it. As far as ease of editing there are actually a couple of extra steps in putting it at the top as opposed to the bottom.
i thought so seems like more work than what needs to be done since all the threads are locked it would make sense to just put them as post 2-3-4 we all know if a game has DLC because the title gets edited i was just curious more than anything thanks

TriangleOffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleOffense View Post
i thought so seems like more work than what needs to be done since all the threads are locked it would make sense to just put them as post 2-3-4 we all know if a game has DLC because the title gets edited i was just curious more than anything thanks
We are looking into changing it. Hopefully we'll be able to within the next couple of days. I'm not sure what their reasoning for doing it that way was, but to me it makes more sense to have the DLC at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyQuid View Post
I love dougatt's sneak attacks posts. You don't hear from him for weeks and then POW!!! The guy's like Batman.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts

Just a note... North American users don't have Lemmings on their list at MMOS. Strange.
PS3 #1 stolen November 2010. PS3 #2 purchased February 2011. I'm back!

#1 in CT, #149 in US, #541 in World
pretend_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bright Idea!   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

I was looking at the Killzone 2 platinum club and along with it there are 3 posts for people who have obtained the platinum and a set of DLC. But I thought there would be a post for people who have got the platinum and obtained all the DLC; so for example for Killzone 2 that would be the people who have got the platinum and earned all the trophies on all the 3 DLC packs.
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Silver   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Gold Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum View Post
I was looking at the Killzone 2 platinum club and along with it there are 3 posts for people who have obtained the platinum and a set of DLC. But I thought there would be a post for people who have got the platinum and obtained all the DLC; so for example for Killzone 2 that would be the people who have got the platinum and earned all the trophies on all the 3 DLC packs.
The only problem with this is what happens when another DLC comes out, your Platinum + all DLC club is no longer valid. We're not going to delete clubs or remove members as that would have a negative effect, so the only other option would be to start another Platinum + all DLC + new DLC club - can you imagine the permutations with a game like Burnout

Hopefully the way it is now strikes a good balance between depth and manageablility.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Bright Idea!   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YurtleTehTurtle View Post
The only problem with this is what happens when another DLC comes out, your Platinum + all DLC club is no longer valid. We're not going to delete clubs or remove members as that would have a negative effect, so the only other option would be to start another Platinum + all DLC + new DLC club - can you imagine the permutations with a game like Burnout

Hopefully the way it is now strikes a good balance between depth and manageablility.
There is that problem but I doubt that any more DLC will be released for games such as Killzone 2 and COD WAW. And with new games the last post could be the one with all DLC's and then if more DLC gets added that is then added into that post. But yes I see the problem. Maybe their name could have a star next to it when listed in all DLC's or something like that.
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Silver   Member of the Month Winner   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Killzone Gaming Night Award   Gold Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum View Post
Maybe their name could have a star next to it when listed in all DLC's or something like that.
I do like this idea, but again it's going to be difficult to manage & maintain.