How many attempts did it take you to beat NYMHC?

kfree7

I was going to mention that you did it first try but thought you'd be proud to post it. Nice. It paynes me that I'm having so much trouble. Maximum Payne trouble.

:D

I got it on my 9th...I had to take breaks though, if I just played every chapter from start to finish, I'd mess up, I needed a break every few chapters, near the end I took one between every chapter.

I believe it was about 6-7 tries for me.

Sucks that my first playthrough got me up to Ch. 10 and a bullshit Last Stand I couldn't get out of though. Could have been first try you know?

It took 2 tries for me, the QTE on Chapter 9 was my death! Second try was smooth with a few rough spots, most notably Chapter 13 when i nearly died after the cart scene! I just panicked and ran out of ammo, had to melee a dude and kill the rest. Was really intense and the last boss had my heart beating at a phenomenal rate...

Im intrigued by NYM Co-op! Shame it sounds like that DLC is coming winter...

Edited by CoolDust

I don't remember very well if was 8 or 9 attemps but was less than 10 that i'm sure

And if i remember well in 6 attemps i died by fault of glitches (oh... gosh..., technically i don't needed skill for this trophy, need a lot of luck that the game don't screw up)

it took me four tries to complete it. first time i shoot-dodged a grenade, but it set off a forklift that blew up before i could get off the ground in chapter five. second time i was not far enough away from molotov guy and took a fire bottle to the back as i climbed stairs in chapter seven. third time game glitched on me and i could not move crosshair during helicopter section in chapter nine.

everytime i failed i would take two or three days off from trying hardcore just to not begin hating the game.

I got it on my 17th run. I died previously just about everywhere you could die lol. I shot passos twice, fabiana once, twice I missed the rocket fired at your heli in chapter 2! (the first time i laughed, the second time i didn't). Thankfully i didn't experience any of the glitches others have been experiencing (other than several last stand fails, though i don't think that counts as a glitch). The only real glitch I had was that in the becker fight, his first nade didn't automatically trigger bullet time, so i had a grenade coming at my face in real-time! Worst fail by far was missing the jet at the end of the game, I litterally wanted to cry.

Anyway, it's done now and i'm super proud of that trophy. Only multiplayer left and dlc :)

good luck free, you'll get it!

Took me about 10 times, but generally early on with glitches etc, got to boss battle on chapter 13 to get glitched, then next time breezed through the whole game, and by the final boss fight it was like the game was letting me complete it, I thought I would struggle with the last dude but it was really easy and when the Cutscene came, I was like shit, is that it!