Best classes for platinum?

Charlyposho

I plat'd ME2 and ME3 a long time ago, and I will start my first run on ME1. The guide recommends playing with an engineer, but I don't know how the weapons system work in here and there are various trophies for weapon kills. Can this class use all the weapons?

Also, the guide recommends all the playthroughs with the engineer, which I think will turn out really boring after a while. What if i change classes? What if I go for the soldier to get weapon achievements, then change to engineer to get the tech achievements, and the other for the biotics? Is this better, or should I stay with the engineer for the 3 required playthroughs?

Soldier. Through and through Soldier is the easiest class to go through this game on. The reason for that is because the Soldier has an ability called "Immunity", which raises your Shields by an extra 80% making you almost invulnerable to everything (your worst enemy are the husks and their pulse explosion).

The thing is though that on Insanity difficulty all organic enemies will spam their immunity abilities, you'll have to spam yours (by the time it runs out when its maxed out, you can use it right away again), to survive some gun fights. Their health bars will be tough to take down...so with you having Immunity as well, you'll have all the time in the world to chip away at them. On top of all that, Soldier can use any weapon.

The guide only suggests Engineer because that's what Olsen used, and it gets some of the trophies out of the way as you play. But engineers can be a pain to use because they can only train in pistols...which really don't come in handy later in the game. What I did was played as a Soldier while creating separate saves to get the Engineer and Adept trophies, but I played my main 3 playthroughs as a Soldier...and the game was a breeze.

How did you use separate saves to get the tech/biotic trophies? The only class I've used through all ME games is a soldier and would prefer to keep useing it. Still need to do three playthroughs for this one though since I didn't get any team mate trophies the first time.
Just start new games as those classes. The game will have separate saves for each "career" you have, so those won't effect your Soldier character.

When it comes to playing on the Adept and Engineer profiles, just do everything you need to do, but focus on putting the skill points into JUST the powers you need to get the trophies, and launch those attacks at Fast Travel stations as many times as you need to (with the exception of AI Hacking which HAS to be done on an AI based opponent such as Geth or Turrets).

It takes a few hours to get all the trophies for Adept and Engineer, but you only have to play long to get the trophies and then just focus on Soldier as your main profile. Hell you can even delete the Adept and Engineer saves afterwards if you want to.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend the Engineer.

The skills require targets so unlocking them over the required three playthroughs gives you enough time to knock them out. The marksman skill is fantastic with a high level X handgun and inferno rounds. Neural shock is also great for removing enemy immunity in the insanity run.

The biotic skills can be cast at just about everything and it won't require a full playthrough to get them.

The engineer and adept can use the weapons that the soldier does, it is just that the reticule is massive and requires closer range kills. Equipping a sniper rifle with high-explosive ammo acts as a small cannon which fired without aiming which makes getting the sniper kills quite easily.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle