Warning: Don't delete save games in-game!!!

AlphaJinRo

I made the Adept and Engineer trophies and then I was switching to my Soldier playthrough back (that is my character to play through the game) and I saw you can delete savegames ingame... so I delete my savegame from the characters I don't need anymore to clean my saves... and then... IT KILLED MY "REAL" SAVEGAME, too... It was only an "empty data", so it was there but without savepoints and it can't get loaded anymore... so now i must play the shit again... whatever... I was not very far in the game so I will make it in about 3h when I skip the dialogs... But it's total shit, that the fucking game kills your other savegames, too..

So if you want to clean your savegames in ME, I recommend to do it with the XMB and not ingame!!!

(But that is typical... everytime when you see the "Electronic Retards"-Logo the game has minimum one big bug...)

Edit: But there is one good thing... now I have all bonus-talents for the Soldier and can use any of it in my new game....

Edit 2: LOL I have read the post 2 times to find typing errors but not the title... I think "Warning: Don't delete savegames ingame!" should be more correct... whatever. XD

Edited by AlphaJinRo

I was in the "career switching" menu when you go in the "loading menu" and I deleted the whole career of the character I don't needed anymore

After that the career I deleted has vanish and the career of the character I normally use was still there, but it showed no informations except the name of my character.

Then I get out of the game and saw in the XMB, that there is no more savegame for the character (for another character it was still there) and I started the game again and in the save loading menu, there was my character career still, but it showed me "0h 0min" gameplay and Level "0" and in the career there was not any savegame not a manual save not a autosave NOTHING... it was like a empty folder on the computer...

So deleting my another character killed this savegame, too...

Whatever, maybe no one than me got this problem, but when I can get this error, everyone else can get it, too..

Edit: I think it was deleted because, the name of the character was the same in both careers... So I think the game supposed it is the same character and deleted the other savegame, too...

Edited by AlphaJinRo

Edit: I think it was deleted because, the name of the character was the same in both careers... So I think the game supposed it is the same character and deleted the other savegame, too...

If they had the same name, they had the same Preference file.

Why use the same name for 2 different characters anyway?

hope you enjoy the now fresh playthrough anyway. ;)

@ Nimrod: Because I'm in the most games not a friend of "own" names... So if the fucking character should have the name "John" my character has the name "John" and when I make a second character to get the Adept or Engineer stuff and then delete them, I don't make an "individual" new character for it... And when that idiots are to stupid to make "another" file for 2 different careers it's their fault... Whatever... I now made an individual female character, because in the german Version the female version sounds better and the big benefit is, because I have made all Adept and Engineer trophies, I can now use every bonus-talent for my new character... So now I have a Soldier with electronics... And because the big time killer is the story etc.. I made all things from my first savegame again in about 3h by skipping everything with square... XD

Edited by AlphaJinRo

@ Nimrod: Because I'm in the most games not a friend of "own" names... So if the fucking character should have the name "John" my character has the name "John" and when I make a second character to get the Adept or Engineer stuff and then delete them, I don't make an "individual" new character for it... And when that idiots are to stupid to make "another" file for 2 different careers it's their fault

Well, yeah, i usually go with the default name too.

But its basically a "well known problem" since the 80s, where you could accidently overwrite you'Re old save if you gave a new Char the same name. :)

So i just got used to simply add at least a number at the end of the default name to prevent this. ;)

Anyway, hope you had fun, as ME1 is a great game, best in the series imho. :dance:

LOL... A problem of the "80s" should be not a problem in the year 2007... But when EA is involved, they have everytime "old" problems... like "invisible walls" XD

I'm a console player, so I don't play often PC games, and this is the first time I got this problem in a console game. Normally you get something like a note, that this character allready exist... whatever...

Yea Mass Effect is not bad... But some of my friends like ME2 more, because in ME1 there is to much "Mako-stuff". I have the entire series with all DLCs in my DL-list, so I will see which one is the best. XD

(There's so much stuff I must play... about 100 shrink-wraped PS3 games are behind me and in my DL-List are almost 100 games that I never downloaded, too... And for PS4, Vita, XB360 and XBone there are enough shrink-wraped and DL-games that I must play, too.. And I buy more and more... in this week I bought 3 new games... then I get everytime the PS+ and Games with Gold-Stuff... I think I can never play everything what I have... whatever... XD)

I did he same as you and deleted my career where a couple died on the suicide mission and the adept, not sure if I ever got back I the one I wanted to keep or not but guess I should check it. I have the plat and doubt we could import on a new game since, well what happed in Me3 but wanted to keep my main one anyway.

• 2 years later...

Yeah this fucking game man, this happened to me. I went to delete the career I didnt need and it kept my level 0 and removed my level 59 with like 40k exp left. The only thing good about this game is the story and it's still not even THAT great, even for a 2007 game. there are better PS2 games out there with less issues. now I'll have to start from rank 50

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...