Mass Effect Trilogy Bugs?

WillyFckinWonka

So after breaking myself of Playing Skyrim until i get my last 4 trophies I decided to pop in Mass Effect. I have played mass effect for a short time before on my girlfriend's Xbox 360 to see if it would be worth buying the trilogy and i loved it. But as I'm playing on the PS3 I'm noticing it is pretty buggy and just within the first 3 hours of gameplay... :wtf: If i remember correctly this is the first time the original Mass Effect has been released for PS3. If so, i can understand it being buggy. But my question is, Are Mass Effect 2 and 3 just as buggy? I'm just curious so i know what to expect from the trilogy. This is my first time playing and actually getting into the series (not counting the 2 hours i played before on the 360). I was just hoping for a game without bugs and glitches, ESPECIALLY after playing skyrim legendary edition for over 150 hours before giving myself a break. Several MINOR bugs i can handle I'm just hoping that the entire Mass Effect Trilogy isn't gonna be so buggy that it'll be like watching a Youtube video that was filmed with a flip phone on dial up internet. haha

By my reckon ME is the worst of the bunch as far as bugs are concerned (I had the occasional glitch or freeze in the other two as well, but that has been nothing compared to 1).

Be especially wary of the Warp bug in ME - when you are using the Warp ability of anyone capable of biotics (that is Kaidan, Liara, and Wrex - and if you happen to play an Adept, Vanguard or Sentinel, it includes Shepard as well) expect the game to eventually freeze in an indefinite (but nevertheless finite) amount of time, with each subsequent use of Warp accelerating the process. Thus make sure to save often.

WARNING: When you are using Warp in the final fight even once you are out of luck. Expect the game to hang either mid-fight (when the intermediate cinematic is triggered), at the loading screen once you are done fighting or when the post-fight cinematic is invoked.

Therefore either keep any biotic out of this particular fight or prevent any biotic from using their Warp ability if applicable (turn the auto-application of abilities of your squad mates to "Off" or "Defensive Only" and do the rest manually, and NEVER EVER touch Warp during that last fight!). Singulaity, Lift, Throw, etc. are all permissible, but not Warp.

That should spare you a lot of headaches and the inevitable freeze when approaching the game's conclusion.

Edited by Thianis

Well, you don't have to do that until you reach the final fight.

You can allow your squad mates to use their full potential, but then make sure to save often (and also keep the auto-save feature enabled).

This way you get some checkpoints when you progress in any one mission, plus upon touchdown with the Mako on any planet and your return to the Normandy you are automatically getting an autosave, thereby saving your current progress.

In case you deem it necessary, just make a manual save.

Until you reach the final fight you are normally getting hangs only when a loading screen appears (a precursor to this problem may be that loading a new area doesn't go that smoothly any more). Either quit the game some time into game play when you have used Warp (you may very well go for hours when nobody has used Warp at all without risking the game to go out to lunch) - but of course after having saved, or wait until the game hangs and then force-reset your PS3.

You have to disable any automatic use of any offensive abilities to avoid an automatic use of Warp by your squad mates in the final fight only.

Here micro-managing any offensive use of your abilities is necessary on your behalf - or don't bring anyone capable of throwing Warp here and you can safely leave the automatic use of any offensive abilities enabled.

From what I have noticed only Liara and Wrex have the potential to cause disaster, so you should either bring any of the other squad mates or set things to "Defensive Only" when you bring at least one of the two with you. IIRC Kaidan doesn't have Warp so he won't cause you any headaches.

Edited by Thianis

The only real bad bug that I encountered on the ME Trilogy was with ME and the Maeko getting stuck on flat terrain and then getting shot into a mountain side. Same thing occurred sometimes while on foot with Shepard getting stuck in a corner. Simple fix of just switching guns or using power got me out.

The main difference is that you cannot reproduce when and how the Mako is going to get stuck (and whether that is going to insta-kill you) or Shepard cannot free himself from a particular spot (the latter can also appear in ME2 and 3), but the Warp bug is very well reproducible.

The more often you are using Warp, the quicker you cause the game to go out to lunch, and using it in the final fight definitely screws you one way or another.

You need to watch out for these nasties as well :(:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mass-effect/183888-final-boss-fight-freeze-solved.html

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mass-effect/188181-asari-ally-has-glitched-me-sure.html

Personally I would get this either for the PC or the Xbox 360 as neither have the severe issues the PS3 release has and you get an additional DLC as well.

ME2 is relatively bug free but ME3 has a nasty issue with the Hannar Embassy that means you can't finish the mission (this is easily fixed in the PC version but the console releases are stuck with it), there is or was a really nasty bug that caused your save to corrupt and/or wipe your stats thus forcing you to start all over again. You also have to watch out for the ME3 Extended Cut DLC as that makes 1 or 2 trophies a little glitchy, there's also an issue with an infinite "Checking DLC" screen on loading the game if you turn off the server auto sign-in.

• 4 weeks later...

found another nasty one on bring down the sky dlc . its in game now.

when you get onto that lvl at random times you cannot save manual and it will load up only auto save of 15 mins early. second is the missile turrets when you destroy them. it will still fire a missile anyhow every time