Hardcore & Insanity Made EASY!!!

Crazy-TrainZ28

I found out about this glitch when i reloaded a previous save to go back and complete more missions with the Asari because the trophy for completing most of the game with her didn't pop... I completed the rest of the game again and my complete 2 playthroughs trophy popped... I had already imported my character and started a new career before i did that though... I achieved both my Hardcore & Insanity trophies using this glitch. For Insanity just repeat steps 3-8. I hope this helps you if you were having a rough time with any part of the difficulty trophies in this game.

So here's what you do to get your 2 playthroughs, Hardcore & Insanity trophies the EASY way.

1. Make a save after you reach Saren the first time in the Citidel, before you go down to the final fight.

2. Complete the game.

3. Reload the save you made in step 1.

4. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity and save over your save from step 1. (remember to SAVE your settings before you exit the settings screen)

5. Start a new career and import your character that you just beat the game with.

6. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity while on the Normandy. (remember to save your settings before you exit the settings screen)

7. When you are on Eden Prime make another separate save.

8. Reload your previous save from step 4 and beat the game.

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm 100% that this works! However since i'm not going to do it on my other account, anyone who can confirm me would be appreciated...:applause:

Sweet find then mate! 😊

I'm just starting a play through, so I'm sure there are others who can confirm this before me?!

I can say I just tried this for both hardcore and insanity and can say that it works 100%. I made a mistake the first time I tried it because I did not confirm changes and exit on the options screen to change the difficulty. Make sure you do that and you will get the trophies.

I can say I just tried this for both hardcore and insanity and can say that it works 100%. I made a mistake the first time I tried it because I did not confirm changes and exit on the options screen to change the difficulty. Make sure you do that and you will get the trophies.

I'll update the quick guide now... sorry i forgot to mention that!:cool:

Always nice to find work arounds like this, but Insanity is a cakewalk to begin with. You have to do at least three playthroughs anyway, so the glitch isn't even needed.

I'm sure there will still be some people who will use it and find Insanity troublesome anyway.

can someone tell me if this glitch works after a full hardcore playthrough to glitch insane mode only? by the way, I didn't fully understand the author's explanations. Can someone be clearer about when to save?

This is what I did.

After you fight Saren/ or he commits suicide save the game before approaching the Citadels main control terminal.

Finish game.

Reload the save you made and change difficulty level and save the settings. Quit to main menu.

Start new game and import that character. On the Normandy change difficulty, save settings AND make a new save.

On Eden Prime make ANOTHER new save. Quit to main menu.

Reload the save that is just before the final fight and beat the game.

Then :dance: :banana: :francis: :bananadance:

Hope this helps!

Edited by psfanboy123

I can 100% confirm this trick worked, although when I did it for Hardcore I accidentally started a new game without importing a character, I still got the trophy though, I've also just used the trick for Insanity (although I made sure to import my character this time), thanks for this useful glitch, all I have to do is get all the Adept power trophies and the remaining ally trophies (Garrus and Wrex) and then I'll have my platinum

• 3 weeks later...