• 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

80-90.JPG

Collected Estimated Platinum Length*

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards platinum.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving platinum.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Please feel free to elaborate on your own experiences by posting below.

*Collected time compiled using base average for each range (i.e. a vote for 0-5 hours = 2.5, 36-50=42.5, etc)

Edited by Viper

Just about finished my first playthrough and I racked in about 24 hours (and I still have to clean up as I missed something) and if you have to do this 2 more times that makes 75 hours. Give 5 or so hours for Insanity and then a little longer for the Weapons and/or Ability trophies then you've got about 83 hours. Give or take a few hours.

First playthrough took me around 35 hrs. That includes completing pretty much every mission to make sure I got the Asari, Quarian ally trophies. I did all of the collection trophies as well which took a fair amount of time and I don't think they even count towards the ally trophies.

2nd + 3rd playthrough around 20 hours each. Got the hang of the game after my first run and picked up the pace for my next two playthroughs. Only side missions I did were the ones on the citadel and the unc missions. Those plus the main story line missions were enough to pick up the rest of the ally trophies. Didn't need to complete the bring down the sky mission either.

Cleanup for the engineer and adept based trophies around 10 hrs. Used the tips in the guide to spam the powers on the rapid transit stands. Used the save and reload method on fists turrets for my final 2 trophies.

So in all around 85 hrs to platinum for me.

• 1 month later...

If I hadn't speed ran my hardcore run I would of easily came in on 51-75 hours no problem. But missing Garrus and Wrex's ally trophies on my hardcore playthrough I've now got a 4th gameplay I'll have to do. Honestly though with barrier maxed out on insanity most of the side missions I just boost my shields run past the enemies and get to the story point then it counts as beat and then I just boost my shields and run right back out so I'm not wasting time killing anything after I hit level 60.

• 2 weeks later...

Even bumping up the difficulty for each setting you'll save time playing the other two playthroughs as you know what to expect. Also once you reach level 60 there's the xp cap so you don't have to kill everything any longer so you can stun them and run past to the next checkpoint void of enemies. This method worked great and cut my second and third playthrough time by over half. After defeating saren I was sitting at just over 75 hours. Now I'm trudging through on my fourth playthrough because I messed up the ally trophies...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playthrough time really depends on how much extra stuff you do. With me my first playthrough 30 hours and my second playthrough on New Game+ took my 23 hours and I completed all side quests except for collections. I only need insane playthrough to Plat but since I already have top tier gear and lvl 60 I feel I can easily knock out a main quest only play through in 15. So for me will probably take a total of about 70 hours to plat.

I finished around 55 hours. I skipped the some of the dialogue in the first playthrough, and then completely on the 2nd and 3rd ones. I had a list of the missions handy for the ally trophies, so I really wasted no time.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my time for the most part with my first playthrough and finished it in about 24 hours. Took a break, returned to the game, and just wanted to plat the damn thing so I used the Hardcore/Insanity glitch, which really sped up subsequent playthroughs, especially with not having to finish the 3rd one. Cleaning up the powers took a few hours longer than it needed to since I had issues with Stasis unlocking.

So in total I ended up at about 58 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up with just under 40 hours across the three playthroughs needed to get the plat (Infiltrator main, then adept and engineer for the trophies).

I've played the game many many times on the 360 though so I knew where to go for pretty much everything. If I started as one of the two misc-trophy classes I could've shaved off about two hours too I'd say but I enjoyed it (again) either way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It took me 92 hours. I did everything in my first playthrough (including reading about every planet) so that took about 37 hours. Three extra playthroughs plus grinding out the biotic powers added to the time.

It probably would've been less if I'd followed the guide properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say around the 70 hour mark. It also depends on your approach to the game, how you want to leave your character with Mass Effect 2 in mind and what class you want as your main one. A level 60 with a completionist playthrough for your third one would be the best but it takes more time than just going for the platinum.

If you want to count the 20 hours I played as an Engineer (I started the game as an Engineer and played for 11 hours straight before realizing I didn't like the class. The rest was getting enough point to get all the powers then using them to get the trophy), the 7 and a half hours as an Adept, and the 105 hours it took to on my official Soldier profile for all three runs...then it was a total of 132 hours to Plat this game.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Easily over 100 hrs.

I am at 102 hrs between my two characters and almost done with my insane playthrough.

I still need to create a biotic character for all the biotic power trophies together with the weapon kill ones. I also still need to go to NG++ with my lvl 59 character to reach lvl 60. So I will be looking at 120+ hrs

• 4 weeks later...

It took me 120 hours, between glitches, freezes, and the fact that I didn't read any guides on my first playthrough and missed all of the buddy trophies. I think 75-100 is a fair estimate for people who pay attention to the trophy guide here, although I think it could be severely cut down by using the Soldier class to blaze through hardcore and insanity (or extra playthroughs if you use the glitch). If you get out of the Mako and kill turrets solo, you get double experience, and with a good shotgun (and the awesome Immunity), you'll actually do more damage to them in Insanity. I got to level 60 halfway through my second playthrough.

Good advice on the biotic powers, though - I literally walked between two fast-travel terminals, counting to 15 when I reached one, and using all of my powers. I would tell people to get their specter status (for the experience), and boost their class specialty, which cuts down on recharge time. Also, having the Liara trophy cuts down on the time further (10% off of 60 seconds is nontrivial when you're spamming powers).

Edited by starcrunch061