Asari Ally has glitched on me for sure!

CaldaSnake

I've tracked everything I've done in the game since the beginning, following every instruction on the trophy guide about not doing absolutely any side mission before getting Liara.

Since I was tracking everything I was doing, I had the luxury of missing a few side missions (Scan the Keepers, X57 Missing Enginners, Missing Marines, Cerberus, Hades' Dogs). I knew I'd get at least 50 missions total until the end for sure. Then I got Tali's trophy exactly at 45 missions total during lockdown; afterwards I went through the galaxy to get some more side missions.

After completing 10+ side missions and no Liara trophy I checked the Mass Effect Wiki. It says you need to complete 50 ASSIGNMENTS (side missions). So I was relieved and kept playing 'till I completed 50. Now I got 71 missions total, 54 assignments completed (did 4 of those boring collectables to make up for the 5 others I missed) and still no trophy!! WTF!!

Now I can only complete 1 more side mission, which is collecting the minerals, that I'm not fucking doing ever (rather pick up from my save just before Virmire). If the wiki info on the trophy being all about completing assignments is correct, starting Ilos and finishing the game won't make any difference.

Any thoughts?

Once I finish the game tomorrow and if get it during or after Ilos, which is highly unlikely (on the Allies thread I didn't see anyone saying it popped during / after Ilos), I'll update this post.

Edit: As expected, the trophy didn't pop from Ilos to the end, so it's 100% confirmed that the trophy is glitched. There are too many variables to know for sure exactly what caused it, but I'm sure it has something to do with doing absolutely every ASSIGNMENT possible on the Citadel and UNC missions (excluding the boring collectible ones) BEFORE Virmire.

I always have absolutely everything planned before going for a plat and several saves and backups, specially with games full of tiny details and misleading trophy descriptions like this one, so there are no surprises. I've checklisted everything as I progressed, following every instruction on the guide to the letter and also getting some extra info on the Mass Effect wiki. Despite this I still got screwed, so I'd suggest the guide writer to add this bit on info to the guide regarding this trophy to other people know they need to take triple extra precautions and make sure to do everything as I just suggested above. Maybe I really got unlucky, but who knows...better safe than sorry.

This was the very frist time in my "career" I got a trophy glitched and I'm really pissed, but at least I have a backup save just before Virmire to pick up from and will try again from there on my other PS3, just in case. Imagine how frustrated people would be if they didn't know about this extra bit of heads up, do what I did and have no backups, making them start all over...I just hope this helps other people.

Edited by CaldaSnake

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side missions are weighted differently though. I'm not exactly sure the difference, but I know the DLC for Bring Down the Sky has a lot more value to it when going towards your trophy than the collectable ones. You skipped the ones that are weighted more heavily than the collectables.

I would go back and do the side mission for Bring Down The Sky.

I've never heard of missions "weight" more than others. Besides, Bring Down the Sky is originally DLC, so it can't be any sort of requirement at all for the trophy.

No certain mission is a requirement for the ally trophies, but some seem to contribute more towards them, like the DLC.

I always thought the general consensus (anecdotally of course) was that the collection missions didn't count toward the ally trophies.

I personally wouldn't expect to be able to skip Scan the Keepers, X57 Missing Enginners, Missing Marines, Cerberus, Hades' Dogs and still get Liara's ally trophy to pop. The guide makes it pretty clear to get her first and then do everything that you can with her.

it's 100% confirmed that the trophy is glitched. There are too many variables to know for sure exactly what caused it, but I'm sure it has something to do with doing absolutely every ASSIGNMENT possible on the Citadel and UNC missions (excluding the boring collectible ones) BEFORE Virmire.

How is it confirmed? You didn't do every assignment possible on the Citadel or UNC missions. You skipped four of them.

How is it confirmed? You didn't do every assignment possible on the Citadel or UNC missions. You skipped four of them.

The consensus is that you need to do at least 50 missions. Let's say these missions are only assignments; there's plenty more than 50 to do for the trophy requirement and I've never heard of anything confirming that some have more "weight" than others. If there was I'm sure the trophy guide would mention.

So as I didn't do those assignments I mentioned, I did some hidden collectibles to compensate (I was even careful enough to complete each collectible on LAND with Liara so I didn't finish them in the Normandy). I skipped 4, 5 most people did and did others 4, 5 nobody did. Besides, my final assignments count was over 50.

Well, there's no point counting how many assignments you did. I just got my Asari Ally trophy by getting Liara ASAP (followed the trophy guide). I didn't acquire or do any sidequests before that. When I got her, I did every single mission and side mission with Liara and Tali that you can possibly do before going to Virmire. My Quarian Ally trophy popped up during Feros (did Noveria first) and my Asari Ally trophy popped up during BDtS. I now only have to finish Virmire and Ilos to beat the game.

Well, there's no point counting how many assignments you did. I just got my Asari Ally trophy by getting Liara ASAP (followed the trophy guide). I didn't acquire or do any sidequests before that. When I got her, I did every single mission and side mission with Liara and Tali that you can possibly do before going to Virmire. My Quarian Ally trophy popped up during Feros (did Noveria first) and my Asari Ally trophy popped up during BDtS. I now only have to finish Virmire and Ilos to beat the game.

You also did ALL of those hidden collectibles stuff across the galaxy too?

As I had a save just before Virmire I picked up from there. Most people who said they got it with no problems did the side missions before Virmire, so I decided to try it again from there before starting from the beginning.

So the conclusion from all of this is if you don't complete all possible missions before Virmire and it didn't pop until after completing the very last mission available on the Citadel during the lockdown, the trophy glitches. It's not possible to get the trophy after you leave.

So the conclusion from all of this is if you don't complete all possible missions before Virmire and it didn't pop until after completing the very last mission available on the Citadel during the lockdown, the trophy glitches. It's not possible to get the trophy after you leave.

This is beyond fucked up. I've been having the same issue with Liara, unbelievably stupid trophy design.

As I had a save just before Virmire I picked up from there. Most people who said they got it with no problems did the side missions before Virmire, so I decided to try it again from there before starting from the beginning.

That's not a glitch, that's you not completing enough side missions. You said yourself that you completed a few side missions without her. You also say that you had a save before Virmire which you loaded and then proceeded to complete the side missions before there. I'm not seeing where you come to the conclusion that the trophy is glitched. If you don't do all Citadel side missions before you get locked out from the Citadel, then you obviously can't complete them. Which missions did you not do on your first run? Some missions require you to go back to the Citadel to turn in.

Liara is the hardest ally trophy because you get her so late in the game; you can't say the trophy is glitched when so many people didn't have a problem with it and when you completed a few sidequests without her and then didn't do every single side quest possible after you got her (and definitely don't "confirm" anything with just your one playthrough).

That's not a glitch, that's you not completing enough side missions. You said yourself that you completed a few side missions without her. You also say that you had a save before Virmire which you loaded and then proceeded to complete the side missions before there. I'm not seeing where you come to the conclusion that the trophy is glitched. If you don't do all Citadel side missions before you get locked out from the Citadel, then you obviously can't complete them. Which missions did you not do on your first run? Some missions require you to go back to the Citadel to turn in.

Liara is the hardest ally trophy because you get her so late in the game; you can't say the trophy is glitched when so many people didn't have a problem with it and when you completed a few sidequests without her and then didn't do every single side quest possible after you got her (and definitely don't "confirm" anything with just your one playthrough).

As I said before, I didn't do a few missions before the lockdown, but did quite a few others afterwards, having completed about the same amount of assignments people usually completed to get the trophy, certainly more. A few missions were locked after the lockdown, true, but there is a lot of missions to spare. On the Mass Effect wiki it says you need to do 50 side missions (assignments) with Liara and I've completed 60+ in total and no trophy.

There is no documentation anywhere stating some side missions "weight" more than others or that you can't skip some specific missions, as some people suggested. On the trophy guide doesn't even say that ONLY side missions (assignments) count for the trophy.

A lot of people didn't have problems because they were lucky enough to just do everything possible before progressing through the story because they wanted to, not because there was some kind of warning to do some things specifically (except before Ilos, obviously). I, on the other hand, like to alternate between main and side missions, thus leaving a few missions to do after Virmire. So I got screwed.

If there aren't any specifics about having to get the trophy until just before you leave the Citadel during lockdown and the game works that way, yes, it's glitched.

Edited by CaldaSnake

Fuck. I have been completing some of the collectibles assignments from the Normandy (Turian, Salarian IDs etc) not thinking that it wouldn't count towards this trophy. I have also turned down the Reporter request so I'm thinking that locks out that assignment?

I'm using Kaiden and Tali for this run, I have done loads of other UNC missions, just got to hope it will be enough for both of them?

Having gone from platting ME2/ME3 to this, I love it, but would love it more if there weren't these ally trophies. I like to pick a different squad for each mission and so it's making it all slightly more dull, although I'm still loving the game.

I plan to use a very high level biotic for an Insanity run so saving Liara for that, and just plan to Singularity and Throw my way through the game ala ME3 (although it sucks not having biotic explosions), should work eh!? :D

I plan to use a very high level biotic for an Insanity run so saving Liara for that, and just plan to Singularity and Throw my way through the game ala ME3 (although it sucks not having biotic explosions), should work eh!? :D

I wish I had gone biotic for my Insanity run. Right now, I'm playing as a high-level engineer with Garrus and Wrex. Garrus goes down in 10 seconds every time we enter a room, though I'm adjusting his armor upgrades depending on the enemy type. Wrex is good. But without Lift or Singularity, it's easy to get flanked and overwhelemed, forcing me back into entry corridors to create a choke-point.

During my hardcore run, I had Ashley and Liara. And just Liara's biotics made every mission a snap. People say she's week, but if all the enemies are floating in the air (and you stick her behind safe cover) nothing can kill her.

I wish I had gone biotic for my Insanity run. Right now, I'm playing as a high-level engineer with Garrus and Wrex. Garrus goes down in 10 seconds every time we enter a room, though I'm adjusting his armor upgrades depending on the enemy type. Wrex is good. But without Lift or Singularity, it's easy to get flanked and overwhelemed, forcing me back into entry corridors to create a choke-point.

During my hardcore run, I had Ashley and Liara. And just Liara's biotics made every mission a snap. People say she's week, but if all the enemies are floating in the air (and you stick her behind safe cover) nothing can kill her.

Biotics make the higher difficulties on this game a cakewalk to be honest. On Hardcore run right now and I've only died once through my own carelessness.

In regards to the ally trophies, I have done all Citadel and Noveria assignments and a handful of UNC as well as Bring Down the Sky, and Ashley and Garrus' trophies popped during Feros. I don't think collecting all the valuables etc is neccessary for these trophies.

Biotics make the higher difficulties on this game a cakewalk to be honest. On Hardcore run right now and I've only died once through my own carelessness.

If you REALLY want to make hardcore and insanity a cakewalk, do your casual playthrough as an engineer to get the engineer ability trophies out of the way and get 150 kills with assault rifles as well. Then make a new adept for hardcore/insanity, picking assault rifle as a weapon spec since you unlocked that option as your engineer. Hardcore becomes a complete joke, and insanity isn't much different. Even if you only did it for insanity, it's still way easy. Starting out insanity as a level 1 biotic is easier than starting out hardcore as an imported level 50 engineer. Throw assault rifle into the mix and it's just crazy.

Starting out insanity as a level 1 biotic is easier than starting out hardcore as an imported level 50 engineer. Throw assault rifle into the mix and it's just crazy.

I tried to do my insanity run as a level 1 adept and had trouble just getting through the fight with Fist's thugs, having Wrex and Garrus with me. I just didn't have the fire power or protection yet to beat Krogan warriors that spam immunity. Lifting or throwing them did little damage, and Wrex and Garrus go down in 5 seconds and you can't revive them since you won't have enough points for Unity. And of course no BE's in ME1.

I immediately quit that run and imported my level 54 engineer (with sniper training), which I had done my hardcore run with. It wasn't too bad, but I wished I had done my normal or hardcore run as an adept instead to get her leveled up for insanity. But I wanted to do something different (engineer) since I played a lot of adept in ME2/3.

EDIT: Getting back on topic. I actually thought my Krogan Ally trophy glitched on me during my insanity run. I got Wrex immediately after getting Garrus at the start of the game. Following Feros/Noveria, my Turian Ally trophy popped after completing 2-3 side missions. I thought Wrex would pop shortly thereafter, but I ended up doing 7-8 side missions before it finally did. (I was sweating bullets during the last few.)

Edited by Satnamji

If you REALLY want to make hardcore and insanity a cakewalk, do your casual playthrough as an engineer to get the engineer ability trophies out of the way and get 150 kills with assault rifles as well. Then make a new adept for hardcore/insanity, picking assault rifle as a weapon spec since you unlocked that option as your engineer. Hardcore becomes a complete joke, and insanity isn't much different. Even if you only did it for insanity, it's still way easy. Starting out insanity as a level 1 biotic is easier than starting out hardcore as an imported level 50 engineer. Throw assault rifle into the mix and it's just crazy.

I know what you mean :p I did a casual playthrough as a soldier and selected Assault Rifle as a bonus in my adept playthrough. Like you say it makes things even easier, although to be honest I have rarely even be using any weaponry as the biotics make things so straight forward ;) And when I do use a weapon I find using a pistol with marksman/tungsten/shredder rounds is deadly enough.