Did Casey Hudson Leave Bioware Over Mass Effect 4?

ecto69

Maybe he wanted to resign after Mass Effect 3 and was talked into starting 4. Maybe he wanted to start 4 to make sure they didn't butcher it, but also didn't want to stay til the end.

I'm done with Mass Effect after a few weeks.. but this guy has been working on Mass Effect titles for years. Maybe he really does want to move into something new. Everyone always speculates what kind of negative connotations these sorts of departures have... but in truth, you could always think it was a bad blood departure. If he left after ME3, people would have speculated that it was because of the debate surrounding the ending.. or EA pushing in features and microtransactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
He single handedly butchered ME3, I doubt he wanted to make sure that other people would not butcher ME4.

I am sure he was not the only one though man, but who knows really. I was just a bit disappointed at ME3, but others will disagree with me. Hopefully the new Dragon Age does not end up being like ME3..

• 1 month later...
He single handedly butchered ME3, I doubt he wanted to make sure that other people would not butcher ME4.

Or Bioware 'made' him leave. Bioware got an incredible amount of bad press for ME3 and to me it makes perfect sense to get rid of the man who's mainly responsible for it.

I'm certain they have learned their lesson this time and hopefully there will be no green, blue and red endings in the future.

• 7 months later...