XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Mass Effect 3

View Poll Results: Hardest mission on Insanity?
Grissom Academy: Emergency Evacuation 29 19.46%
Priority: Earth (final mission) 67 44.97%
Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery 7 4.70%
Priority: Thessia 3 2.01%
Priority: Horizon 0 0%
Priority: Cerberus Headquarters 27 18.12%
Attican Traverse: Krogan Team 1 0.67%
Other 15 10.07%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #31 (permalink)

kai leng fight everything else was surprisingly easy. imported my adept from me2 and pretty much ran through everything with liara and javik. adepts are insane in me3 considering you would die if an enemy looked at you in me2 using an adept. i thought earth would give me trouble since i died there a few times on first playthrough with my sentinel. javik's dark channel is very helpful considering it sets up biotic explosions, slows & damages enemies, and bounces to other targets once current one is dead.

also marauder shields sucks LOL

Last edited by Lurch; 04-05-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Marauder Shields...Never Forget
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #32 (permalink)

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   Bronze Submission   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

- Other

I found the Geth to be the 'hardest' pain to kill.

"Let my earth shattering super ninjutsu burn into your retinas!!" - Naruto Shippuden

(Didn't think I'd have to put this but...) NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS (Sighhh...)
Pabs_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

I think Grissom Academy was the mission I found hardest, I struggled more on this mission than I did in any other mission, I died about 25-40 times on this mission, I can't have died more than 5 times on any other mission (apart from N7 Cerberus Base where I died about 10-20 times), In the fight with Kai Leng I died about 3-5 times, and the final mission (2nd part) I don't think I died more than twice
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Cerberus HQ. I played Insanity as a Soldier.

The KL fight was the hardest part for me on Insanity. I even restarted the mission with Liara as my second squadmate (chose Garrus for my first attempt, but didn't even got close to killing KL after ~20 tries). With Liara I got him with my 3rd try.

Currently playing:

on PS3: Final Fantasy X HD (9%)
on PS4: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (67%), PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (40%), Sniper Elite III (12%)
on Vita: Sly Cooper IV: Thieves in time (10%)
Padraig_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to julesthegr8

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

NONE of them! This game was a cake walk on insanity. I only voted for the final mission because of ONE enemy and I think everyone knows who that is already. With a ME3 imported infiltrator, engineer or soldier this game is easy. I cant speak on the other classes tho. As an infiltrator I died ONE time on my PS3 playthru only because I was screwing around. On Xbox I died maybe 2 or 3 times due to grenades.

Sig Courtesy of ub4of
Latest's : Infamous: SS, BioShock Infinite, Wolfenstein: New Order

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by julesthegr8; 04-05-2012 at 10:45 PM.
julesthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #36 (permalink)

For me the hardest was the Grissom Academy and Earth (when you were defending the tanks, damm Banshees) and Kai Leng was bit challenging, not like on Normal. And in the Ardat-Yakshi monastery, when you fight against two Banshees at once, they were focusing on my squad and I was shooting them. Poor Kaidan and Liara. But in the end it was easier than the one in ME2.

RE5 platinum.
sol!dpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #37 (permalink)

Damn. I took a peek into this thread to see what was ahead. I just finished Priority: Rannoch and found it to be really the only thing terribly challenging to date.

But Banshees ahead? Suck.

EDIT: My first play through is Insanity, so I don't have the luxury of knowing the missions ahead from previous plays at lower difficulties.

Last edited by loesjoel; 04-07-2012 at 02:49 PM.
loesjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #38 (permalink)

I didn't find Earth that hard surprisingly. I was expecting it to be a bitch, but beat it fairly easily. I didn't even die during those missile objectives. It was my second playthrough so I had everything maxed out and I played a ton of multiplayer on gold prior to it, so that was probably why I didn't find it too difficult. I died numerous times on my Normal playthrough on that mission though.

I found the Cerberus HQ one to be the hardest since I died to most on that one. I kept dying to grenades that were 15 feet away from me for some reason and that Kai Leng fight gave me some trouble.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #39 (permalink)

I've just finished Insanity. IMO Grissom Academy is hardest one, the atrium part was hell for me.
Earth wasn't as difficult as expected, but there was earlier the fight with two brutes and husks in a garage or sth - imo harder than missiles part at the end.
And final boss Mr. Marauder Shields was real nightmare, I killed him using that wall hidin' glitch
Mass Effect 2 Insanity run was easier.
vesper6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #40 (permalink)

I think a lot of the things people have found really difficult I've managed to breeze through fairly easily, luckily enough. Maybe it's my game plan.

Vanguard with hot keys for Slam, Pull and Biotic Charge. Additional powers include Cryo and Incindiary Ammo (regularly used) and Nova (rarely used). I carry a semi-auto sniper rifle and the Mattock V. I always take Liara and Kaiden into battle. Liara for her Singularity, Stasis and Warp. Kaiden for his Reave and Overload. I take my time in battle removing any shields, barriers and armor the hit the fools with Singularity and Slam them into the ground over and over. My partners do not get to use their powers alone.

For specifics, at Grissom Academy, the first atrium I went up to the right and ducked behind the short wall there and wrecked Cerberus from above. Same for the second atrium, turned around and went up the balcony behind/above me.

Kai Leng strategy was to hit him hard with Reave and let Liara focus primarily on the backup enemies. I used Biotic Charge over and over on KL since, fully maxed, it restored my shield when I connected. Died maybe four times, though the last time I did, so did KL but a remaining Nemesis picked me off.

Hardest to date remains the triple Geth Primes in Priority: Rannnoch.

Priority: Earth begins tomorrow.

Last edited by loesjoel; 04-10-2012 at 03:52 AM.
loesjoel is offline   Reply With Quote