XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Mass Effect 3

Old 03-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I was surprised at how useless EDI was to me in my first playthrough (on Normal). Tried to take her on a few missions, but defeating the enemies took longer and I had to do most of the work when she was around.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

EDI and Kaiden for me (which is funny since seems like most people hated them). Overload is killer in this game, so two versions was perfect, and I like Incinerate/Reave for stripping armor. Once they're at health, it's playtime for Shep's biotics.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

I used Javik and EDI mostly. Javik because of his comments that built up so much lore for me, and not sure why about EDI, she intrigued me and fit my character well.
Duskfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

At first it was Garrus and Javik that I used, but I slowly realized Javik get's down quite a bit and then started using James and he doesn't EVER go down it seems. Fortification does him well. The worst character......EDI or Kaiden, on my game they liked to run in the middle of stuff and it got to where I didn't bother saving them because of how much they got downed.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Metalboy921 Send a message via Yahoo to Metalboy921

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I only used EDI when I absolutely had to... utterly useless in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Playing as an adept, EDI is a beast. Decoy is a must for major encounters, and if you use her powers properly. she will far surpass many of the others.

Decoy - awesome * and will help you roll KL when the time comes *
Overload - awesome
Incinerate - awesome

If you want squadmates that just run on their own. Take James and Garrus. But if you like to manage the field and abilities yourself. Take EDI...
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bounty V

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Word of Mouth - Silver   10,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Moderator   Bronze Submission   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

My personal favorite squad was Garrus and Javik.

AMAZING avatar & signature by DaFaztFingaz!
Site Rules|*Read Before Posting*|Spoiler Tags|PS3T Clan Central|Cycleholics Anonymous|About Me (UPDATED!)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Bounty V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 4 Champions - West Coast Gets the Most   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

For most of the game is used Liara and Javik and I was a Sentinel

Singularity-Slam and I had the Overload for shields

When I got towards the end I used Tali to hack turrets

Very end I used EDI for her incineration for brutes and banshee mostly and Javiks special (I forget the name)
Old 03-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

i'm playing through insanity as an engineer imported from ME2. this is my first run through the game. haven't gotten far (just finished Priority: Sur'Kesh), but so far Liara's stasis has been working wonders. all i have to do after she stasis an enemy is a headshot with my sniper rifle. blam - one shot kill. her singularity is useful for removing the guardian's shields. i'll probably take her with me on most future missions. she has low health, but i just order her to stay in cover. too bad i had to break up with her, since i'm going for Ashley also broke my heart to see Miranda cry but i digress...

for the other squadmate, i've been taking James because he is such a tank. but i would prefer to take someone that has a biotic power so i can do biotic combos with Liara's powers. Kaidan has reave, but he is not available because he died in ME1... even if he was alive he won't be available for much of the game anyway.

Last edited by cpjoe999; 03-23-2012 at 09:07 PM.
cpjoe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #20 (permalink)

It really depends on what class your Shepard is. Your team should always have one combat, one biotic, and one tech.

In ME2 I was a Soldier (combat), so my usual team was Tali (tech) and Jacob or Samara (biotic).

In ME3 I am an Engineer (tech), so my usual team is James (combat) and Liara (biotic).