XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
Wozamil

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Default Fastest method for Veteran 5,000 kills - 2,432 Kills/Hr

Did some testing and found that playing the prologue at the infinite spawn location was the quickest way to get fast kills. I tested many methods found around the forum and this configuration worked the best.

The best way to do it is importing any ME3 character with NG+ and selecting the Carnage ability. After clearing the initial 3, only aim for the middle Cannibal spawn. Ignore the one on the left. You can literally stand in one place the entire time, not worry about ammo, or even have to aim and get 2400 kills/hr. If you use the pistol at all, the Cannibals don't always respawn right away, but they do if all you use is Carnage.

Last edited by Wozamil; 04-16-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
vanbeethoven

Exactly what I did. Thought it would be more painful but it went quickly as Carnage can kill multiple enemies with one shot.
vanbeethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
tagzero

I used this trick too. I foolishly did not choose Carnage as my bonus power, but the baddies still seemed to go down easily enough with the pistol (and do respawn infinitely, except with a slight lag between waves). I think I was getting only 1000 kills an hour, but fortunately only needed about 1200.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Alex Fly

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Excellent tip, thanks for sharing.

+ + + + + + + + Blank friend requests not accepted. + + + + + + + + +
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Wozamil

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagzero View Post
I used this trick too. I foolishly did not choose Carnage as my bonus power, but the baddies still seemed to go down easily enough with the pistol (and do respawn infinitely, except with a slight lag between waves). I think I was getting only 1000 kills an hour, but fortunately only needed about 1200.
I needed 3000 kills after both of my playthroughs. I tested priority Earth shuttle spot and did ok, then the prologue with only a pistol, then tried a engineer with a turret and drone until I found Carnage doubled the results from all other tests. Plus, without really needing to aim or move, you could probably use a turbo controller and walk away.

Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
nuntins123

It took me 30 minutes to reach 1500 kills by using this method.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
VESPER

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I downloaded a patch yesterday. Does anyone know if this effects this trick?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #8
ThEliteOne

Wouldve been nice to know this while i was going for the platinum.

I spent like a week getting 2000 kills in multiplayer for my trophy, since I only played the campaign once

Oh well, I enjoy the multiplayer, so its not a big deal. Glad theres something to speed it up for other people though

Worlds Fastest Platinum. Counter-Strike Global Operations, 28 minutes 25 seconds.
ThEliteOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
seeafish

Nice tip... just don't see the point of doing it unless you only wanna plat the game quickly and get rid of it!

2 playthroughs and I'm sitting on 3200 kills. Will play it one more time when the ending dlc comes out, which will definitely get me over 5000, but even if it doesn't, I play enough MP to get 1800 in a couple of days.

Thanks though!

PSN: capitales7. Please don't send blank friend requests.
Current multiplayer obsession: Killzone: Shadow Fall.
Game backlog: Bioshock: Infinite, DmC
seeafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
tagzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPER View Post
I downloaded a patch yesterday. Does anyone know if this effects this trick?

I did this on the latest patch so it should still be fine. Besides, I don't think it's a bug exactly, more an exploit, so I doubt it'd be high on their lists to change.

Tags
5000, mass effect, me3, veteran