• Grissom Academy: Emergency Evacuation
    • Priority: Earth (final mission)
    • Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery
    • Priority: Thessia
    • Priority: Horizon
    • Priority: Cerberus Headquarters
    • Attican Traverse: Krogan Team
    • Other

as the title says which mission was or has been so far the hardest mission for you in your Insanity run?

i am 23/27 in my run (following the order on the guide) and so far the hardest for me was Grissom academy died more on that mission that on the other 22 combined

Edited by kenjikazama

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basing it solely on # of deaths, Priority:Thessia. Died twice there when fighting the dual harvesters (mostly to flukes and trying to hit the barrier generator). Died like 6 times through the whole game. Twice on two separate N7 missions, twice on Thessia, once on Earth (missile sequence), and one other I don't remember where. I didn't have a problem with Grissom, but I've heard people did. I'm not sure where the problem was.

This game was leagues easier than ME2 on insanity, that game was just pretty broken.

Priority: Earth. The missile section was really tough because of multiple Banshees coming from opposing directions. Not to mention the very last sprint down, you have to multiple head-shot the last marauder in shepard's injured state or else you're going down easy. had to redo that part 5 times.

If you stay on the upper levels for the Academy mission, I found it a lot easier. to maintain, especially as an Infiltrator.

But for me I'd say the dreadnaught was the biggest pain. Mainly because I'm not big on ducking for cover very much so that beam bs really irritated me haha and then the last part I couldn't find any ammo for my mantis, so the entire time I had to take it slow, Slamming geth troopers and Sabotaging rocket troopers. Definitely looking forward to the wave of Banshees and brutes on earth lol.

But I actually got a question involving the 27 missions... I'm at 19, and I feel as if I should have 20 looking at the guide book. Or does Earth count as two missions? I kinda feel as if my accomplishments got messed up cause my PS3 froze at the end of that Asari side mission and had to reset it. But when I turned it back on, and loaded the game up, I was back on board the Normandy.

But I actually got a question involving the 27 missions... I'm at 19, and I feel as if I should have 20 looking at the guide book. Or does Earth count as two missions? I kinda feel as if my accomplishments got messed up cause my PS3 froze at the end of that Asari side mission and had to reset it. But when I turned it back on, and loaded the game up, I was back on board the Normandy.

Earth counts as 2 missions.

I think there are 3 rage parts during the game:

Grissom Academy - You have awful cover and Cerberus come from all different directions. That part made me mad, but I now have a strat for doing it easily.

Cerberus HQ - Kai Leng fight at the end. That fight is so retarded. I think it's based a lot on luck.

Earth - The bit at the end with Banshees, Brutes and Marauders.

But I actually got a question involving the 27 missions... I'm at 19, and I feel as if I should have 20 looking at the guide book. Or does Earth count as two missions?

Don't worry, Earth counts as two.

Not sure which was hardest on insanity. I played through on hardcore first and the most difficult was definitely the final swarm of banshees on the Earth mission. I lost track of how many times I would be able to take down one or two banshees only to be insta-killed by one that snuck up on me. Once I decided to run around the level instead of staying in one corner area, I made it on the first try not knowing it was a timed event. By the time I got their on insanity I breezed through it.

I remember the atrium of Grissom gave me quite a bit of trouble in my first run through as well. No matter which path I chose I could never seem to clear out the people in front of me before a bunch of bad guys had flanked and killed me and my squad.

Just a hint for the Academy: I figure the most difficult part there is the open place ... but quess what, if you just stick to the corridors and do not go out into the open, that section is ridiculoulsy easy.

Similar for the mission on Tuchanka where you have to [spoiler=protectme]protect the Generla while he is working on that bomb. Simply do not go into the "arena" where all the enemies come, but keep standing right above where you start. On Normal, I had a hard time with that mission, but on Insanity, I haven't even been really shot at and they also left the General alone for most of the time. (Incendiary Ammo will interrupt the few enemies that might notice you up there.) Of course, as soon as the Atlas appears, you must rush it and destroy it asap or else the General dies.

However, I'm about to start the mission on Kallini and was wondering what team I should bring. Shepard is soldier class, so what powers are most useful against the Banshees?

However, I'm about to start the mission on Kallini and was wondering what team I should bring. Shepard is soldier class, so what powers are most useful against the Banshees?

Overload and Disruptor Ammo for the shields. Incinerate and Armor-Piercing Ammo for the armor.

I take EDI along, because she has Overload & Incinerate. Doesn't matter who else you bring, but I usually take Liara. Singularity & Stasis are too good.

Grissom Academy - You have awful cover and Cerberus come from all different directions. That part made me mad, but I now have a strat for doing it easily.

Cerberus HQ - Kai Leng fight at the end. That fight is so retarded. I think it's based a lot on luck.

For Grissom, do you mean the mid sequence after your crewmate reunion? or the ending sequence? I don't think I died at all along that part, but came dangerously close a few times. I noted that as a potential problem area on my first normal run and it turned out it was.

Kai Leng went down for me on the first try, but once again came close to dying a few times. I thought he would be a major pain but having energy drain to recharge your shields during that sequence is really useful.

For Grissom, do you mean the mid sequence after your crewmate reunion? or the ending sequence? I don't think I died at all along that part, but came dangerously close a few times. I noted that as a potential problem area on my first normal run and it turned out it was.

Kai Leng went down for me on the first try, but once again came close to dying a few times. I thought he would be a major pain but having energy drain to recharge your shields during that sequence is really useful.

Yeah, after you meet up with your crewmate. You go into that pretty large room and you have multiple Assault Troopers, Centurions, Engineers, Guardians, Turrets and an Atlas to deal with. The first section is alright, but the second one is annoying. On my second playthrough as a Sentinel, I found it a lot easier to deal with. Biotics in this game are too good.

I felt like breaking my controller during the Kai Leng fight. I didn't have Energy Drain, so I couldn't recharge my shields. My bonus power was Warp Ammo. That didn't help at all for this fight. I came up with a better strat after quite a few deaths. This fight would have been a lot easier with Energy Drain. Without that or Overload, it's really hard/cheap.

Edited by NathanW18

finished the last mission on insanity now and wasnt that bad. Only died at the very end because the aiming is different but then retried and then managed to kill the 4 enemies; Kai Leng was harder for me

How could you not list Priority: Rannock, 3 Geth Primes at the end, anyone? Took a good few tries to finish it. In comparison every other mission felt much easier.

forgot to put it because with Tali and my Soldier wanst hard, that's why in the list i put "other", because i knew i could forget one

Granted, I'm not quite finished Insanity yet so it might end up being Earth, but for me the hardest mission so far has been Javik's recruitment. Several sections of that are very difficult, especially since I did it immediately after Mars. Close second for me would be Grissom, as I did die a few times in that middle atrium section. All other missions have been streets easier than ME2 insanity, I think.

Im not here to brag or anything but Mass Effect insanity wasnt much insane, it was so easy, sure there were parts i died but still compared to Mass Effect 2 this game is so easy.

Imo the Geth missions were the hardest in Mass Effect 3, still nothing compared to Mass Effect 2 ( Tali recruit mission, Collector base, Horizon etc)

I didnt even use Black Widow, and in both Mass Effects i was Infiltrator

@Attack-Trick and Nathan... Thanks for the heads up haha

Definitely seems like I'm having a hell of a lot harder of a time targeting the reaper on Insanity than I did on normal... like fuck lol... I think the best I've done by dodging his beam is 4 times

edit: running back and forth made it ten times easier than trying to roll and doge it haha

Edited by Burgundy85

How could you not list Priority: Rannock, 3 Geth Primes at the end, anyone? Took a good few tries to finish it. In comparison every other mission felt much easier.

I did the 3 Geth Primes 1st time I wasnt even expecting them, though Im pretty sure you could just probably run to the end platform

Priority: Earth for me. The very final battle with all the Banshees and Brutes was a bitch.

Majority of the final battle area war relatively easy especially the Brutes 6 went down in under a min. and save the big weapon for the 2 banshees simple.

Basing it solely on # of deaths, Priority:Thessia. Died twice there when fighting the dual harvesters (mostly to flukes and trying to hit the barrier generator). Died like 6 times through the whole game. Twice on two separate N7 missions, twice on Thessia, once on Earth (missile sequence), and one other I don't remember where. I didn't have a problem with Grissom, but I've heard people did. I'm not sure where the problem was.

This game was leagues easier than ME2 on insanity, that game was just pretty broken.

all the N7 missions were pretty easy for me, after playing online you get used to the maps :D

Grissom accadamy was actually my hardest mission, purely because my character levels was low (new game)

Cerberus HQ was piss easy kai lang IS NOT HARD run turn shoot use your allies to mop up the basic enemies and then work on kai lang he never even knocked out my shields.

Cerberus HQ was piss easy kai lang IS NOT HARD run turn shoot use your allies to mop up the basic enemies and then work on kai lang he never even knocked out my shields.

Which class were you using? Also, which squadmates did you have with you? I was a soldier and I had an assault rifle and sniper with me. I almost restarted the whole mission, so I could choose to do it with only an assault rifle. It would have allowed me to spam Adrenaline Rush more.

If you run around a lot, his back up soldiers take your shields down extremely quickly. If you stay in cover, he rushes you. Your allies are basically worthless when it comes to shooting. They're only good for their powers.

Priority: Earth for me. The very final battle with all the Banshees and Brutes was a bitch.

This 2, definitely.

i tried, at least 20 times with the 3 geth primes before i was able to pass. And then, the freaking banshees at the end. Other than that, it was a rather easy game.

Grissom academy was fairly easy following the tips on the guide, i think i only died like twice on that part.