Best and Worst Squadmates?

Flames

What is the best squad to acompany Shepard?

I know it all depends on Shepard class but what do you think

And the 2 worst squad members?

Liara and Garrus are a must to me, good lines they have too

Ashley is really bad :( and i dont like one bit James Vega and he isnt that good either compared to Garrus

So what say you, most reliable squad?

Garrus was my top squadmate. Took him almost everywhere. As it's put so well in the game, "There is no Shepard without Vakarian."

Second, would most likely be James. Even though I played as a Soldier, I still played through the endgame with Garrus and Vega. Vega (especially with his Fortification power) is built like a tank, with mine being 1000/1000 with health and shields. Plus, Carnage which works so well against so many enemy types. And Freddy Prinze Jr. did a great job voicing him.

Definitely Liara after that. She may be on the weaker side with horrible health and average barriers, but her biotics pack a punch.

Then probably Tali.

Then, Javik.

Then, a tie between EDI and Kaidan.

Edited by ShieldWarden

As a soldier on insanity, my most used squadmate was Edi. She has Overload & Incinerate. I found those powers useful. I also took Liara a lot, because she has Singularity, Stasis & Warp.

If I was fighting Geth, I took Tali along with me. I also took Javik along on a few missions. No real reason why. I just wanted to hear his dialogue.

I was a sentinel if that means anything... I'm also going off my Insanity run

Best:

Garrus and James:

We ran train through this game to the point where insanity might as well had been Normal mode. Me and Garrus with the Level 10 M-92 Mantis and James with the level 10 Geth Plasma Shotgun. Then my Warp, Overload, Warp Ammo and Cryo Freeze combined with Garrus' Overload and Concussive shot and James' Carnage was simply deadly.

Worst:

EDI and Liara- At times it felt like they had no health based on how many times I had to save them.

My choice was almost always Liara and Javik. Not that they were the best ones, but Javik had occasionally some interesting bits about the Prothean civilization and its impact on the current cycle. And Liara and her singularity and wrap were for me most useful abilities.

The ones I never touched outside the missions you have to have them was James and EDI. I didn't take Kaiden with me, so can't say anything about him.

At first it was Garrus and Javik that I used, but I slowly realized Javik get's down quite a bit and then started using James and he doesn't EVER go down it seems. Fortification does him well. The worst character......EDI or Kaiden, on my game they liked to run in the middle of stuff and it got to where I didn't bother saving them because of how much they got downed.

Playing as an adept, EDI is a beast. Decoy is a must for major encounters, and if you use her powers properly. she will far surpass many of the others.

Decoy - awesome * and will help you roll KL when the time comes *

Overload - awesome

Incinerate - awesome

If you want squadmates that just run on their own. Take James and Garrus. But if you like to manage the field and abilities yourself. Take EDI...

i'm playing through insanity as an engineer imported from ME2. this is my first run through the game. haven't gotten far (just finished Priority: Sur'Kesh), but so far Liara's stasis has been working wonders. all i have to do after she stasis an enemy is a headshot with my sniper rifle. blam - one shot kill. her singularity is useful for removing the guardian's shields. i'll probably take her with me on most future missions. she has low health, but i just order her to stay in cover. too bad i had to break up with her, since i'm going for Ashley :D also broke my heart to see Miranda cry but i digress...

for the other squadmate, i've been taking James because he is such a tank. but i would prefer to take someone that has a biotic power so i can do biotic combos with Liara's powers. Kaidan has reave, but he is not available because he died in ME1... even if he was alive he won't be available for much of the game anyway.

Edited by cpjoe999

Kaiden/Ashley are available for at least two-thirds of the game, so they're definitely worth considering.

I've started my Insanity run with my Femgineer; the difficulty has been all over the place. The priority missions have been a cakewalk, but I died many times in Javik's recruitment and at the Academy. Been heaps of fun though, especially with this combat rebalancing that means biotics are actually useful in Insanity.

I've discovered that the Particle Beam assault rifle is ridiculously powerful, so am thinking my party will be Kaiden and Liara (although it would have been nice to have another choice for biotic teammate).

The Prothean Javik is phenomenal, I take him with me every mission. I usually alternate between EDI and Liara as my 3rd member, depending on the mission parameters of course. Sometimes Garrus is a good fit as well but the rest of them are pretty well useless for my particular character (Soldier)

Edited by felatio

If you're not playing as an Engineer, Tali is great to have along. Combat Drone is awesome since it does damage to enemies (unlike EDI's Decoy, I think) and distracts them so they won't all target you. And the Defense Drone provides some extra defense for enemies that tend to flank you or get close.

Garrus is also a staple. Give him a strong sniper rifle like an upgraded Javelin/Widow and he can practically one-shot everything.