How to regain Miranda's loyalty?

Bandar

It's not possible to get her loyalty back I'm afraid. Only thing you could've done if you had high enough paragon/renegade was to break up the fight using one of the paragon/renegade options.

This is taken straight from the Mass Effect 2 Wiki:

After gaining the loyalty of both Miranda and Jack, the next time Shepard boards the Normandy Joker will radio in about a fight aboard the ship. Jack wants Miranda to admit what was done to her by Cerberus was wrong, but Miranda refuses to acknowledge that Cerberus was at fault claiming it was a splinter group, not Cerberus, calling the shots.

Choosing one will lose you the loyalty of the other and the chance for romance with them so pick wisely. They do however still keep their alternate outfit and additional skills. Alternatively, if your Paragon or Renegade scores are high enough, you can choose an option favoring neither person and keep the loyalty of both.

If you choose one of them, you can afterwards regain the other's loyalty provided you have a very high Paragon or Renegade score. The chance for romance, however, is lost.

It is still possible to gain her loyalty if you sided with Jack, you just need to pass a paragon/renegade score check which will respectively open a new dialogue option.

I'm in the same situation, but the other way around.....

However, my Paragon is like almost full, and i did Jack's loyalty as the last full mission. I only have the short side missions and the reaper IFF to go before the last mission....

Any ideas?

I can only think of two things you can do.

First before anything you do, just visit Jack now and see if you have a paragon/renegade option, if you do then take it as it'll get you back her loyalty, if not you have two options:

Option 1

First, you can continue to play the game through until you launch the suicide mission strictly following paragon/renegade actions (whatever path you've been following) and hopefully you'll have enough to get her loyalty.

Option 2

The second option requires eezo so make sure you have some and hopefully you have NOT spec'd into your passive that gives 100% bonus to paragon/renegade scores. If you have then this is not a viable option, if you have NOT then this may just do the trick. Now after you visit Jack (and have no paragon/renegade option) like I mentioned above, reload the save and then retrain your powers so that you take your class' passive ability with the 100% bonus. Then pay a visit to Jack. If she becomes loyal then great, retrain your powers back to your original spec and play on, if not it gets tricky.

Option 2.5

You'll have to make a duplicate save and run option 1, then without saving run option 2 (technically you can make multiple saves but you'll have to keep your original save safe). The major setback to this option is that it is time consuming but it will probably give you the best shot at gaining her loyalty back. I actually did this for the Legion/Tali encounter as a renegade and it worked. Luckily for me the only mission I had left was Legion's loyalty, I retrained prior to it (as concluding it triggers the encounter from which you can not retrain) and was able to keep both loyal. :D

I can only think of two things you can do.

First before anything you do, just visit Jack now and see if you have a paragon/renegade option, if you do then take it as it'll get you back her loyalty, if not you have two options:

Option 1

First, you can continue to play the game through until you launch the suicide mission strictly following paragon/renegade actions (whatever path you've been following) and hopefully you'll have enough to get her loyalty.

Option 2

The second option requires eezo so make sure you have some and hopefully you have NOT spec'd into your passive that gives 100% bonus to paragon/renegade scores. If you have then this is not a viable option, if you have NOT then this may just do the trick. Now after you visit Jack (and have no paragon/renegade option) like I mentioned above, reload the save and then retrain your powers so that you take your class' passive ability with the 100% bonus. Then pay a visit to Jack. If she becomes loyal then great, retrain your powers back to your original spec and play on, if not it gets tricky.

Option 2.5

You'll have to make a duplicate save and run option 1, then without saving run option 2 (technically you can make multiple saves but you'll have to keep your original save safe). The major setback to this option is that it is time consuming but it will probably give you the best shot at gaining her loyalty back. I actually did this for the Legion/Tali encounter as a renegade and it worked. Luckily for me the only mission I had left was Legion's loyalty, I retrained prior to it (as concluding it triggers the encounter from which you can not retrain) and was able to keep both loyal. :D

Wow... thanks for such a detailed response. Will give it a go and see how things pan out. I really don't want to take 2 of the lower speced squad members into the final fight as i'm on my insanity run.

Bottom line, its only jack we're talking about....

:sick:

EDIT: - made the switch with the re-train powers and it worked a treat.

CHEERS!

Edited by Rochambeau_XV