Talking to crew in between missions

FrozenSpark

I just got done Archangel mission and went around the Normandy to talk to the crew to get some paragon points. When I spoke with Jacob and Mordin I had an option to ask them personal questions which gave me paragon. Miranda, on the other hand, just told me she has too much work to do and I had no option to talk to her personally.. is it supposed to be like this or have I done something wrong? I am trying to create a relationship with her but she's cold as ice so far.

Some other crew members like Kasumi and Zaeed had no options for conversation. Speaking with Kelly and Joker gave no paragon either. Again, this is normal, no?

By the way, where is Garrus's place on the Normandy? Been looking for him for a while.

Zaeed and Kasumi never have dialogue options. Everyone else on the ship will have multiple conversation options, but they are not always open immeadiatly (your experience with Miranda is one example). As you complete more missions the crew will all begin to open up to you. Also, Garrus is at the main cannon (on the deck w/ Miranda, go down the long hall around the corner from her office, past the ship cook).