best squad power for Insanity??

Staunch

I switched my squad up quite a bit so that I had the best people for each missions. I played as Vanguard and took warp ammo as my bonus power. That way I could deal with enemies with armor or barriers. I would try to take someone with anti-shield abilities if I was going to face a lot of robots.

Every squad member has strengths and weaknesses, pick the ones that compliment your play style. I ended up using Zaeed, Grunt, Garrus, Thane and Miranda the most.

the biggest difference with insanity is the extra layers of armor and shields so focus your squad powers on the likes of overload and warp. the YMR mechs are a fucking pain on insanity so any mission that has them and other mechs would require overload and disruptor ammo. so focus on those powers that bring down armor, barriers and shields quickly and always check before starting a mission what types of enemies you will face and structure your squad accordingly.

i played insanity from the get-go and had no experience with ME so i learned a lot of hard lessons.

The invisibility cloak for the infiltrator, it doesn't make it easier, just less frustrating as it turns 10-15 minute fights into 30 second hide and seek games. A case in point:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnoM4e0ctMQ]Mass Effect 2 How not to NOT play an infiltrator - YouTube[/ame]

The only things that truly help on Insanity are the Widow (which an Infiltrator can get on the Collector Ship), and the Cain, which can only be used so often, but will effectively erase trouble spots.

Edited by TheCrazyHand

• 2 weeks later...

I played as soldier for the firepower, and took fortification which got me out of trouble more times than I care to remember.

Always took Miranda and Mordin with me on most missions due to their powers as those two combined have Warp, Overload & Incinerate to help with just about anything.

Played on new game in a 1 single run for the plat.

The invisibility cloak for the infiltrator, it doesn't make it easier, just less frustrating as it turns 10-15 minute fights into 30 second hide and seek games. A case in point:

Mass Effect 2 How not to NOT play an infiltrator - YouTube

That's a pretty creative and efficient way to get through the game. But if you know the game well enough to know where you need to go back for credits and upgrades, then you are probably able to get through the "normal" way.

I'm doing a second Insanity run (just for fun) right now as an Infiltrator and I'm amazed how much difficulty some sections early in the game gave me in my first Insanity run as an Adept.

I'm sure I'll be playing hide-and-seek on the collector ship/IFF Reaper missions, however. ;)

I'm in my Insanity run right now as a Sentry (Overload and Warp at hand, plus Defender brings down recharge time quite a bit). I normally take Mordin for Incinerate, and Grunt cause, well, I think he's awesome, and Concussive shot comes in pretty useful on occasion.

This has been working out fairly well so far, especially once I got the Locust SMG on Kasumi's loyalty mission. (Side note: DO THIS RIGHT AWAY!)

This is the reply I gave oddly enough about two years ago for this very question...

So I played as a Sentinel, and my bonus power switched between Dominate and Energy Drain. My squad was always Miranda and Zaeed until I picked up Grunt. Then Grunt and Zaeed were switched out depending on enemies. If the enemies were robots go with Zaeed his squad ammo is great against synthetics. For organics or those with armor go with Grunt his inferno ammo just rips them apart.

Now anytime you face robots or folks with Shields go with Energy Drain. Always go into battle with your Tech Armor on and just use Energy Drain. You can do this out in the open because Energy Drain refills your Tech Armor if you get hit. Then just make sure Zaeed or Grunt place their ammo onto everyone (and every gun) enemies should have no shields in no time. Then just have Miranda Slam them, or you toss them, don't forget to have Zaeed or Grunt use their concussive blast once their shields and armor are down, and they'll never be able to get up.

For the parts with Collectors and the Harbinger just have Miranda use Warp on them to destroy their barrier, then use Dominate and they'll turn on their team. Then quickly take out the Harbinger. He should be distracted by your dominated foe. Then quickly kill him before the Harbinger takes control.

For parts with the Husks just start with Warp from both you and Miranda and then Group Dominate. It will instant kill blue husks and control red Husks. If any Husks do get close Grunt will just charge and destroy them, or if you have Zaeed use his Inferno Grenade and they'll all be toast.

Hope this helps anyone... game is unbelievable and amazing.

Ohh and for all the loyalty missions just take Grunt or Zaeed, having their ammo is better than having Miranda... as awesome as she is.

• 3 weeks later...
That's a pretty creative and efficient way to get through the game. But if you know the game well enough to know where you need to go back for credits and upgrades, then you are probably able to get through the "normal" way.

I'm doing a second Insanity run (just for fun) right now as an Infiltrator and I'm amazed how much difficulty some sections early in the game gave me in my first Insanity run as an Adept.

I'm sure I'll be playing hide-and-seek on the collector ship/IFF Reaper missions, however. ;)

Indeed, and I think I discovered it by accident when I did a run that was corrupted (before that glitch was patched). And yeah, a player skilled enough to do this can do it the normal way too, it's just a time saver. Why spend an hour replaying a part when you can spend 10 minutes.

Hi guys,

I am getting my FF XIII-2 platinum soon and want to plat ME2 before 3 comes out. Would you say doing insanity playthrough straight away is good idea. or rather one playthrough to get all the other throphies and than quick run to get insanity one? Seems the Infiltrator hide seek might be quick run through when you don't need to worry about other trophies...

The enemies scale to your level so doing it later offers only the advantage of you have more powers to deal with them. The game is manageable on insanity from the start. A few tips to ease your pain.

Do the Kasumi, Zaeed, and Shadow Broker missions early. Completing the Kasumi mission gives you a very good SMG and it is short and not a lot of combat, Zaeed's loyalty mission nets you his Inferno Grenade, and the Shadow Broker nets you resources.

Then go ahead and playthrough the game and enjoy. One additional bit of advice. When you go to recruit Mordin you’ll have turn on two fans. First clear out all the enemies by the first fan but do not open the door and enter the room. Instead go to the location with the second fan and no enemies will spawn. Open the second door enter and turn on the fan. Then return to the first door and turn on the fan. Nothing can help you with the Rocket Launcher dude that seems to spawn in an unhittable place at the start of this fight however... fun times.

I would not agree... Insanity is not that difficult I don't know why anyone would say two runthroughs is quicker. Playing on Insanity does not add that much time to the overall playthrough.

Thanks a lot will than do insanity platinium run with soldier. Would Infiltrator be an option? I always like this class.

Would Infiltrator be an option? I always like this class.
It depends on your personal preferences really. I've completed Insanity with every class and I found the Sentinel playthrough to be the easiest for me. I've heard others and seen vids of people using the Infiltrator class and using cloak to get past some tough parts, but for me I loved playing through and defeating the enemies without all the hiding.

Again that's just me, rarely do I go for the Rogue/Stealth option in any RPG. It is just not my preferred play style.

Biggest bit of advice I can give is to have a good squad with you. And always have someone with Warp. Two blasts of Warp especially at level 4 will just destroy any Barrier, Shield, Armor which is key on Insanity.

Thanks a lot will than do insanity platinium run with soldier. Would Infiltrator be an option? I always like this class.

I have beaten insanity with a Soldier, Infiltrator, and Engineer. I find Soldier to be the easiest with the ability to spam AR but I prefer Infiltrator. If you build your powers and armor properly you can OHKO standard enemies through shields with the Widow and 2HKO Scions, provided you get head shots and fire from cloak.

well if I want to go with platinium I will not be able to skip much of the tough parts. The thing is I never played Sentinel and they can't use sniper rifles, although I am not that good aiming without my mouse. So sentinel might be good choice. Any advices on how to use him efficiently?

Here is my post from earlier in this thread... and when you get to the Collector Ship you'll gain the ability to use Sniper Rifles as a Sentinel. It was my weapon of choice... well that and the Matlock.

This is the reply I gave oddly enough about two years ago for this very question...

So I played as a Sentinel, and my bonus power switched between Dominate and Energy Drain. My squad was always Miranda and Zaeed until I picked up Grunt. Then Grunt and Zaeed were switched out depending on enemies. If the enemies were robots go with Zaeed his squad ammo is great against synthetics. For organics or those with armor go with Grunt his inferno ammo just rips them apart.

Now anytime you face robots or folks with Shields go with Energy Drain. Always go into battle with your Tech Armor on and just use Energy Drain. You can do this out in the open because Energy Drain refills your Tech Armor if you get hit. Then just make sure Zaeed or Grunt place their ammo onto everyone (and every gun) enemies should have no shields in no time. Then just have Miranda Slam them, or you toss them, don't forget to have Zaeed or Grunt use their concussive blast once their shields and armor are down, and they'll never be able to get up.

For the parts with Collectors and the Harbinger just have Miranda use Warp on them to destroy their barrier, then use Dominate and they'll turn on their team. Then quickly take out the Harbinger. He should be distracted by your dominated foe. Then quickly kill him before the Harbinger takes control.

For parts with the Husks just start with Warp from both you and Miranda and then Group Dominate. It will instant kill blue husks and control red Husks. If any Husks do get close Grunt will just charge and destroy them, or if you have Zaeed use his Inferno Grenade and they'll all be toast.

Hope this helps anyone... game is unbelievable and amazing.

Ohh and for all the loyalty missions just take Grunt or Zaeed, having their ammo is better than having Miranda... as awesome as she is.

thanks. I got what I could from 2 trophy guides and some other topics + some youtube videos. I think I might create another topic in which I will try to tackle the issues I will have with help of you guys. The only thing I could not find is if with Sentinel I should follow some special build or just add points to skills that I think help me most.

thanks. I got what I could from 2 trophy guides and some other topics + some youtube videos. I think I might create another topic in which I will try to tackle the issues I will have with help of you guys. The only thing I could not find is if with Sentinel I should follow some special build or just add points to skills that I think help me most.
Focus on your Tech Armor, Defender, Warp, and at least some points in Cryo Blast, Throw, and Overload saving the rest for your bonus power.

When upgrading the Tech Armor focus on the Assault Armor it provides greater protection and its detonation can wipeout entire crowds of Husks (which you'll appreciate during several missions) and knocks everyone down allowing you to get to safety/cover.

Also this goes without saying but I will emphasis anyway. ALWAYS have your Tech Armor on ALWAYS. Unlike the crappy Barriers and Fortifications your Tech Armor is not on a timer. It is active until it is destroyed so you can activate it and wait for it to recharge if you'd like before moving on. That way once it takes damage and explodes you can immediately use it again.

Edited by Wreckon Dracgon