XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
Suporex

well if I want to go with platinium I will not be able to skip much of the tough parts. The thing is I never played Sentinel and they can't use sniper rifles, although I am not that good aiming without my mouse. So sentinel might be good choice. Any advices on how to use him efficiently?

Check my Let's platinium series on youtube. Channel TrueRockNRolla
Suporex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #22
BaldWombat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suporex View Post
Thanks a lot will than do insanity platinium run with soldier. Would Infiltrator be an option? I always like this class.
I have beaten insanity with a Soldier, Infiltrator, and Engineer. I find Soldier to be the easiest with the ability to spam AR but I prefer Infiltrator. If you build your powers and armor properly you can OHKO standard enemies through shields with the Widow and 2HKO Scions, provided you get head shots and fire from cloak.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #23
Wreckon Dracgon

Quote:
well if I want to go with platinium I will not be able to skip much of the tough parts. The thing is I never played Sentinel and they can't use sniper rifles, although I am not that good aiming without my mouse. So sentinel might be good choice. Any advices on how to use him efficiently?
Here is my post from earlier in this thread... and when you get to the Collector Ship you'll gain the ability to use Sniper Rifles as a Sentinel. It was my weapon of choice... well that and the Matlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon View Post
This is the reply I gave oddly enough about two years ago for this very question...

So I played as a Sentinel, and my bonus power switched between Dominate and Energy Drain. My squad was always Miranda and Zaeed until I picked up Grunt. Then Grunt and Zaeed were switched out depending on enemies. If the enemies were robots go with Zaeed his squad ammo is great against synthetics. For organics or those with armor go with Grunt his inferno ammo just rips them apart.

Now anytime you face robots or folks with Shields go with Energy Drain. Always go into battle with your Tech Armor on and just use Energy Drain. You can do this out in the open because Energy Drain refills your Tech Armor if you get hit. Then just make sure Zaeed or Grunt place their ammo onto everyone (and every gun) enemies should have no shields in no time. Then just have Miranda Slam them, or you toss them, don't forget to have Zaeed or Grunt use their concussive blast once their shields and armor are down, and they'll never be able to get up.

For the parts with Collectors and the Harbinger just have Miranda use Warp on them to destroy their barrier, then use Dominate and they'll turn on their team. Then quickly take out the Harbinger. He should be distracted by your dominated foe. Then quickly kill him before the Harbinger takes control.

For parts with the Husks just start with Warp from both you and Miranda and then Group Dominate. It will instant kill blue husks and control red Husks. If any Husks do get close Grunt will just charge and destroy them, or if you have Zaeed use his Inferno Grenade and they'll all be toast.

Hope this helps anyone... game is unbelievable and amazing.

Ohh and for all the loyalty missions just take Grunt or Zaeed, having their ammo is better than having Miranda... as awesome as she is.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
Suporex

thanks. I got what I could from 2 trophy guides and some other topics + some youtube videos. I think I might create another topic in which I will try to tackle the issues I will have with help of you guys. The only thing I could not find is if with Sentinel I should follow some special build or just add points to skills that I think help me most.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
Wreckon Dracgon

Quote:
thanks. I got what I could from 2 trophy guides and some other topics + some youtube videos. I think I might create another topic in which I will try to tackle the issues I will have with help of you guys. The only thing I could not find is if with Sentinel I should follow some special build or just add points to skills that I think help me most.
Focus on your Tech Armor, Defender, Warp, and at least some points in Cryo Blast, Throw, and Overload saving the rest for your bonus power.

When upgrading the Tech Armor focus on the Assault Armor it provides greater protection and its detonation can wipeout entire crowds of Husks (which you'll appreciate during several missions) and knocks everyone down allowing you to get to safety/cover.

Also this goes without saying but I will emphasis anyway. ALWAYS have your Tech Armor on ALWAYS. Unlike the crappy Barriers and Fortifications your Tech Armor is not on a timer. It is active until it is destroyed so you can activate it and wait for it to recharge if you'd like before moving on. That way once it takes damage and explodes you can immediately use it again.

Last edited by Wreckon Dracgon; 02-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Wreckon Dracgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #26
TheCrazyHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckon Dracgon View Post
I would not agree... Insanity is not that difficult I don't know why anyone would say two runthroughs is quicker. Playing on Insanity does not add that much time to the overall playthrough.
Killing things takes forever on Insanity, factor in retrying areas several times and long load screens and yeah, quite understandable that people would say that.

Catherine Platinum
Prototype Platinum
3D Dot Game Heroes Platinum
Doom 3 Platinum

Tired of the game industry's current practices? Come join us at www.holdtheline.com
TheCrazyHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
BaldWombat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrazyHand View Post
Killing things takes forever on Insanity, factor in retrying areas several times and long load screens and yeah, quite understandable that people would say that.
Playing it twice makes the Insanity run easier so you have a better understanding of where to go to be safe in certain sections etc. That being said, if you have played the PC or 360 version of the game doing Insanity should be a breeze.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
Duskfire

Just did my insanity run from scratch, which I find to be far easier. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Only really had trouble on the derelict Reaper ship. Once you get your hands on the viper sniper rifle, it becomes a breeze. Used Mordin and Miranda as well, so it wasnt even that optimal a party.
Duskfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #29
tagzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfire View Post
Just did my insanity run from scratch, which I find to be far easier. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Only really had trouble on the derelict Reaper ship. Once you get your hands on the viper sniper rifle, it becomes a breeze. Used Mordin and Miranda as well, so it wasnt even that optimal a party.
Assuming your Shepherd has a decent ammo power, I actually think Mordin and Miranda are the optimal squadmates.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #30
Suporex

I just finished IFF, I have to say at the beginig I had some trouble and collector ship was tough. But I got myself warp ammo which I can give to squad and Grunt has his incenitary ammo that he can give to squad. From that point I am flying through missions using Miranda and Grunt, I myself am sentinel.

shame you can't have 2 bonus powers. I am not sure if it is worth changing warp ammo to energy drain or dominate.