Long Service Medal (Obtainment and Possible ME3 Import Question)

Bluedevil007

Ok, Hello all and thanks in advance for the replies.

I have finished my first playthrough without the interactive comic. I finished at level 30 and immediately started a new insanity playthrough with a new game, not a new game plus.

When I finish this playthrough, will I still get the Long Service Medal (for completing the game twice) or do the two playthroughs need to be with the same character (new game plus)?

Second question: I know there are perks associated with starting a new game once you have the LSM in ME2. I'm wondering when I import a save file in the upcoming Mass Effect 3, in order to get similar perks would the LSM need to be earned under one save file or is it enough to be earned under the same playstation user under multiple saves. In other words, if you earned the trophy are you "good" for getting the perks, regardless how you got it.

I realize this question is somewhat speculative and is moot if I screwed myself with the 2 separate playthroughs, but I am curious. Thanks for your advice and opinions.

If I was to guess the LSM is most likey not even going to be an import in me3. But then I am not the expert here. :rolleyes:

I played the game so far 10 times and with ever class so that I can import anyone into ME3.

I think you get LSM regardless of how you play as long as you do it twice without comic, once with comic.

Edited by ecto69

Ninjasub12349:

I really hope this isn't the case or I screwed myself by starting from scratch on the second playthrough.

Nah, either way is ok. You didnt screw yourself. Im almost positive on my wifes account I played through with a male shep then a fem shep and unlocked it. (i was bored and wanted to unlock some more trophies:D)

Nah, either way is ok. You didnt screw yourself. Im almost positive on my wifes account I played through with a male shep then a fem shep and unlocked it. (i was bored and wanted to unlock some more trophies:D)

It probably didn't unlock for me because I think I deleted a previous save file :p

So aslong as you have the previous save file you should get it, in theory :think:

It probably didn't unlock for me because I think I deleted a previous save file :p

So aslong as you have the previous save file you should get it, in theory :think:

The game uses the same save file for all of the characters so if you deleted it in the XMB then you would of had an issue. If you deleted the career in the game then you might of been ok.

The game uses the same save file for all of the characters so if you deleted it in the XMB then you would of had an issue. If you deleted the career in the game then you might of been ok.

You are referring to the profile file which contains settings and most likely the trophy counts for the ones where you need to hit enemies with powers etc and do it 15 or 30 times, if I recall these are not in the character save file aka career file which contains around 30 save points in one file. I forget the full details on the profile file, it is here in one of the threads. It is about 75kb in size iirc. The career file can be 1-2mb or maybe even more I forget.

The profile file is copy protected and can not be saved on USB only on psn+ network save.

Edited by ecto69

• 1 year later...

I just want to confirm.

I have cerberus code, I used it, started the game with comic story and making six choices about ME1 story. I created the character and play ME2 on Insanity. When I finish the game will trophy pop up?

Trophy info says that I need to play twice ME2 or have a character to import from ME.

Does comic story and quick choices count as such import?

Hm... I was affraid so. But then, why Trophy Guide says:

The first decisions that you will have to make are contained in Mass Effect: Genesis digital comic. There are six choices to make, none of which impact the trophies that will be available. All that they impact are how certain conversations play out and which characters return. There is one trophy that Genesis will impact, Long Service Medal. Just by completing the comic, you will fulfill part of the requirements for it. Which decisions you make don't matter, just as long as you complete it.

I'm confused.

The Digital Comic doesn't count as an import since you haven't actually imported anything. You are going to have to finish the game twice unless you have a copy of ME1 lying around.

Um...yes it does? It's always been like that. I got that trophy by doing the Dark Horse comic in the beginning then going through the game.

If you have the Cerberus Network stuff, doesn't the comic still play if you don't import a character? I don't see why it wouldn't...

Indeed, the developers still have to allow for people who don't play ME1. Even the Xbox had the comic as an purchasable option, though I'm not sure how that affected those achievements.

I'm starting to doubt myself now as I'm almost certain I read somewhere that the Digital Comic doesn't count towards anything any more but I'm wondering now if I misread that article.

After reading all this, I'm doubting myself too. I just don't remember how it worked. I thought I did get the metal for using the comic when I first played through the game, but I just don't remember anymore and this back and forth banter is confusing me. :confused:

• 4 weeks later...