XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ubu View Post
You've just more or less admitted that you're not a very good player at MVC 3. So I don't really think you're in a position to claim experience or gloat to be honest.

From the sounds of it, Sent was your anchor if he took out your zero character, so your hyper level was obviously high up, assuming you triggered Xfactor at around level 3, I would imagine that your Xfactor enhanced sentinal would take out Ryu and wesker. However if you did not have Xfactor enabled, considering doug knows what he's doing with wesker, there is no way you would have lasted 5 seconds against him as Wesker is one of the best counter sent characters in the game.

Now Doug and I had a few messages sent, from the sounds of the message he sent you, let me guess, you stayed in the corner pressing the O button, and occasionally when Doug got close you pressed the X button to force him back, maybe using hyper sentinel force for when you paniced and had to pull out a hyper combo to push him back?

What exactly were you hoping for here? Because I think the majority of people will see that story for what it really is and that Dougs message to you was quite accurate... If indeed that really was him, only it sounds totally different to the guy I exchanged messages with.
lol i have plenty of experience when it comes to the vs series, especially mvc2.

now losing to a level 3 x-factored character is all part of the game. you're telling me you've never beat anyone with ur last character standing using level 3 x factor? i've won, and i've lost in that scenario. and u know what? i dont bother to message whoever beat me. i've played the vs series long enough to not cry and DEAL WITH (something u dont know how to do) with any annoying opponents i may run into.

nop, i didnt spam O, his wesker fell for sentinels down + medium hit and finished with a super.

anyway, i'd love to play whoever is on doug's side. i didn't realize a handful of scrubs would be on here

Last edited by Scream1; 03-14-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Scream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #102 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream1 View Post
now losing to a level 3 x-factored character is all part of the game. you're telling me you've never beat anyone with ur last character standing using level 3 x factor? i've won, and i've lost in that scenario. and u know what? i dont bother to message whoever beat me. i've played the vs series long enough to not cry and DEAL WITH (something u dont know how to do) with any annoying opponents i may run into.
Did you actually read anything that was said? You beat two characters with a level 3 X Factor sentinel who was your anchor...

Again... why exactly should we be impressed by that?

Or have you not read up on how badly Sentinels stats increase when he's on a level 3 X Factor?

Quote:
anyway, i'd love to play whoever is on doug's side. i didn't realize a handful of scrubs would be on here
I'm not on anyones side kid, I just don't like people boasting about stuff that they did when the reality is it wasn't very special at all.

And if it's a match you're asking for sunshine then you're really barking up the wrong tree as I've really got nothing that I need to prove to you in all honesty.

Friend requests will not be deleted if you say why you are adding me.
King_Ubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
now losing to a level 3 x-factored character is all part of the game. you're telling me you've never beat anyone with ur last character standing using level 3 x factor?
The vast majority of the time I win with lvl 3 X-factor up is due to the fact that my opponent obliterates my other 2, who are sitting at 75% and below health mid match, in a few normals from popping their own lvl 3 X-factor. X-factor as it is now is simply too good, because it does too many things and burns no meter.

Quote:
nop, i didnt spam O, his wesker fell for sentinels down + medium hit and finished with a super.
You don't "fall for" sentinels crouching M. It's a totally brain dead move with little risk and an extremely high reward given Sent's obscene damage, unlike other fatties who actually have to try for their damage.

Quote:
I've never fought or conversed with doug, so I wouldn't say I'm on his side, but coming here and acting all hard because you got carried by a character and a mechanic that a trained orangutan could win with is just no bueno seņor.

If you're in the states I'll oblige your offer. First to 5, two sets, one with sent allowed the other not. Add me and we'll make it happen.

"It's not arrogant to assume that somebody has only fought shitty players, if their opinion is based on doing things that only shitty players will let you get away with." -HAV of SRK
TotalyOutrageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you actually read anything that was said? You beat two characters with a level 3 X Factor sentinel who was your anchor...

Again... why exactly should we be impressed by that?

Or have you not read up on how badly Sentinels stats increase when he's on a level 3 X Factor?

I'm not on anyones side kid, I just don't like people boasting about stuff that they did when the reality is it wasn't very special at all.

And if it's a match you're asking for sunshine then you're really barking up the wrong tree as I've really got nothing that I need to prove to you in all honesty.
did YOU read what i said?? my comment was about how childish doug is, not how he got handed to a sentinel. when did i claim it was special? i myself have lost to dumb annoying sentinel users who will sit back and spam O and doom's assists. and idc, life goes on, its part of the game. is it really a "valid" excuse to trash talk because u lost to they're "skillfull" strategy? in my opinion, no. IT'S PART OF THE GAME. if you can't deal with it, quit your whining and play another game.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
did YOU read what i said?? my comment was about how childish doug is, not how he got handed to a sentinel. when did i claim it was special?
The second you included the line about beating the other players higher up the leaderboard and decided to include the wink smilie.

So please forgive us if we don't believe that you were not boasting.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalyOutrageous View Post

You don't "fall for" sentinels crouching M. It's a totally brain dead move with little risk and an extremely high reward given Sent's obscene damage, unlike other fatties who actually have to try for their damage.

If you're in the states I'll oblige your offer. First to 5, two sets, one with sent allowed the other not. Add me and we'll make it happen.
sure you do, just like you can fall for hulk's X button spam -_-

ign: CrashBand1coot82
otherwise, add u later.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
The second you included the line about beating the other players higher up the leaderboard and decided to include the wink smilie.

So please forgive us if we don't believe that you were not boasting.
About beating the new top player 3/4? He uses Sentinel, Doctor Doom (I believe) and Dark Phoenix. Is that a "fair" enough team for my Wolverine, Zero and Sentinel?

You are forgiven.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
About beating the new top player 3/4? He uses Sentinel, Doctor Doom (I believe) and Dark Phoenix. Is that a "fair" enough team for my Wolverine, Zero and Sentinel?

You are forgiven.
LOL!! Don't try and spin that one, he has to get a level 5 hyper combo before dark phoenix is even a consideration. One well timed snap back will totally bugger up dark phoenix, so please pull the other one because that isn't going to wash at all.

Also even if someone using phoenix does get a 5 hyper bar, isn't the most obvious counter to it to simply not kill phoenix?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL!! Don't try and spin that one, he has to get a level 5 hyper combo before dark phoenix is even a consideration. One well timed snap back will totally bugger up dark phoenix, so please pull the other one because that isn't going to wash at all.

Also even if someone using phoenix does get a 5 hyper bar, isn't the most obvious counter to it to simply not kill phoenix?
How about you just don't jump into conclusions?? 2 out of the 3 wins I snapped back and took phoenix out, because that is a must. The other win came with him using Phoenix with max meters and me just letting the time run out. The 1 loss came from him using Dark Phoenix x-factored. I take it now you shall come up with something to say about the snap back and killing Phoenix first. Fire away
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #110 (permalink)

I tried adding both those dudes, but to no avail.

All i need is to play against a Rank 1 player. Any tips?
Crono is offline   Reply With Quote