Can't find 1st rank players these days?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats kinda gay. Im getting the game in a week. Maybe just message the players on the top of the leaderboard until u get a reply because most would have fone to ultimat but a few probably wouldnt as i heard from my friend that this is better than UMvC3 for some reason.

bunch of Phoenix whores like me :D

I was looking at the leader boards and there are 665 people that are 1st Lord or higher. Assuming at least half have moved onto Ult or another game, the odds are pretty slim of matching up(and thats assuming they search for ranked matches with no restrictions).

What Capcom should have done is made this trophy a viral trophy. So instead of only facing someone 1st Lord or higher, you can also obtain by playing someone who already has this trophy. That would have made more sense.

I was looking at the leader boards and there are 665 people that are 1st Lord or higher. Assuming at least half have moved onto Ult or another game, the odds are pretty slim of matching up(and thats assuming they search for ranked matches with no restrictions).

What Capcom should have done is made this trophy a viral trophy. So instead of only facing someone 1st Lord or higher, you can also obtain by playing someone who already has this trophy. That would have made more sense.

Your assumption is wrong. All serious fighting gamers don't want to play an old version of the game. I don't think any of players who got 1st+ class in vanilla version was casual at all.

Your assumption is wrong. All serious fighting gamers don't want to play an old version of the game. I don't think any of players who got 1st+ class in vanilla version was casual at all.

I understand your logic but the fact is, even for an old 'vanilla' version game like this, people are sill getting this trophy which proves there are still 1st Lords who play this on a regular basis.

Damn i hope i get lucky. I was Planning to get kost of the trophies but now i hear this and the 8 player lobbys are pretty rare nowadays.

Oh and info whats pheonix hoarding?

8 player lobby is pretty common on late afternoon/early evenings(East coast US) everyday. 5AM-8AM is also a good time since thats evening for Japan where people still play this game in addition to Ult.

Ok so i remembered that i saw in the boosting thread some talk about first lords.

Apparantly a guy and his friend boosted to the first lord so that they could help out loads lf people who needed the trophy. His account on PS3T is RR_The_Vice but it was his friend who got it and his was Bobbyman

Also about a month or 2 ago some posted the name of a cosmic lord that still plays. He was mortician0829

Kind of a update. Actually, there is a good number of 1st Lord and higher that are still active. Saw quite a number of Cosmic Lords in fact. Only problem is that they stay in the lobby because they don't want to have random Amateur or Rookie level players in ranked match.

Too bad the trophy requires the match to be ranked :(

EDIT: Got to play against a 1st Lord three times in a row. Just have to lucky I guess. Kept on playing quick match.

Edited by hshirako

• 2 weeks later...
The 8 player lobby is actually hell easy. I just checked the lobbiesnevery few arcade modes and eventually there were 2 7 player ones at the same time :) the highest rank ive come across is 6th lord so no one is even close that ive seen.

U can't get the trophy for fighting someone who has fought a 1st lord can u? I'm still stuck on those damn missions. I still need 106 more :(

U can't get the trophy for fighting someone who has fought a 1st lord can u? I'm still stuck on those damn missions. I still need 106 more :(

I never said that, sorry if it sounded like I did. Im only on around 200 trials, theres no way i can plat this but i reckon its a good attempt for my first fighting game ive ever owned. Does playing with the d-pad help? I tried that but i cant evem pull off a hadouken.

I never said that, sorry if it sounded like I did. Im only on around 200 trials, theres no way i can plat this but i reckon its a good attempt for my first fighting game ive ever owned. Does playing with the d-pad help? I tried that but i cant evem pull off a hadouken.

I cleared 1 more 2day so 105 to go :D I'm playing on a stick and seem to b moving decently so far. That x-factor trick with the trials helped me out. Im having trouble with Ryu's mission 6 and Dante's mission 7( I think that's the 1). I do c.l, c.m, c.h, 6H then try and do a Hadoken but it ends up being a shoryuken. Any help would b appreciated. Dante's for some reason when I try to do the qcb he ends up just doing c. H. These r he ones I'm lost at. The rest ima take it slow and get them. Hopefully I can knock these trials out. I no I can do this and dude don't give up man. I'm not good at them but I will get them in due time. All with practice, patience and most of all determination.

I cleared 1 more 2day so 105 to go :D I'm playing on a stick and seem to b moving decently so far. That x-factor trick with the trials helped me out. Im having trouble with Ryu's mission 6 and Dante's mission 7( I think that's the 1). I do c.l, c.m, c.h, 6H then try and do a Hadoken but it ends up being a shoryuken. Any help would b appreciated. Dante's for some reason when I try to do the qcb he ends up just doing c. H. These r he ones I'm lost at. The rest ima take it slow and get them. Hopefully I can knock these trials out. I no I can do this and dude don't give up man. I'm not good at them but I will get them in due time. All with practice, patience and most of all determination.

Wow ive actually done Ryu 6, im up to 8. The thing that i find helps when trying to quickly pull off moves like Hadouken's is to start further back on the stick and end further. If you get what im saying, hadoukens require down, bottom right, right but usually i cant pull the off quickly in combos unless i start from the bottom left and end at right.

Im finding Amaterasu's weapon changes impossible though, i cant do them wuick enough.

Im having trouble with a lot o characters though, theres a few that i can only do three trials like dr doom. Ive done 7 trials with 5 or 6 characters i think but i havent done trial 8,9 or 10 with any character. I suck :(

Edited by LukeyCow

^^ if u wanna add me, we can help each other out with these trials since this forum is pretty much dead and im def not getting UMVC3 u gotta do all trails on that 1. I have a a few 8 and 9s complete with some characters. We will get there man just take it 1 step at a time.

Here's another tip to add, every character their basic air combo trail and its usually trial #5 some have it as 4 or 6 as ive seen. These are guaranteed to get a completion on. As the whole trial thing goes we r allowed to miss 40 trials and if u have the dlc then 60. If you havent done She-Hulk then i would highly recommend doing hers cuz they are really easy. Im at her mission 9 and i almost have it down and 10 doesn't look so bad either.

Edited by Kagerasimaru

^^ if u wanna add me, we can help each other out with these trials since this forum is pretty much dead and im def not getting UMVC3 u gotta do all trails on that 1. I have a a few 8 and 9s complete with some characters. We will get there man just take it 1 step at a time.

Here's another tip to add, every character their basic air combo trail and its usually trial #5 some have it as 4 or 6 as ive seen. These are guaranteed to get a completion on. As the whole trial thing goes we r allowed to miss 40 trials and if u have the dlc then 60. If you havent done She-Hulk then i would highly recommend doing hers cuz they are really easy. Im at her mission 9 and i almost have it down and 10 doesn't look so bad either.

Thanks for the heads up, havent started many on She Hulk yet. So fsr ive been finding Ryu, AKuma and Sentinels the easiest. Ill add you on the weekend. It seems we have to do 9 with each character except 4 which we can do 8...