NYCC Announces: Heroes vs Heralds Mode

This is a free dlc where you can earn cards offline that will boost your characters in different ways. The cards (similar to Magic the Gathering) will feature characters who are not playable in the game from both Marvel and Capcom. Players can choose up to three cards at a time. Also the parry system returns. Here's a sneek peek at the trailer from New York's ComiCon.

Edit: I agree that the first video was crap, so here's the real deal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-rymR9deaE&hd=1]Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Heroes and Heralds Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by WeaponXI000

I know we are supposed to hate the ultimate version.............

but it looks kinda awesome!

I look at it this way, if I were to buy it all as dlc (and I would) it would cost more than just the $60 in characters. That's coming from a guy who pre-ordered the Special Edition from the Capcom store and ended up being one of the one's who got it a week late. Sure they sent me a 400 page colored strategy guide to make up for it but all that does is sit in a chest along with other gaming memorabilia. I seriously think players should get this version because there's not gonna be an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Turbo. At least I hope not...:francis:

• 2 weeks later...
I look at it this way, if I were to buy it all as dlc (and I would) it would cost more than just the $60 in characters. That's coming from a guy who pre-ordered the Special Edition from the Capcom store and ended up being one of the one's who got it a week late. Sure they sent me a 400 page colored strategy guide to make up for it but all that does is sit in a chest along with other gaming memorabilia. I seriously think players should get this version because there's not gonna be an Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Turbo. At least I hope not...:francis:

There very well CAN be another version of UMvC3. Capcom is sooner or later gonna put in Megaman as they have not deconfirmed him officially but rather include pics of him or include his armor as Zero's new alt color. I'm pretty sure Capcom will probably include him later in DLC or in another version of MvC3 since they know Megaman = $$$$

There very well CAN be another version of UMvC3. Capcom is sooner or later gonna put in Megaman as they have not deconfirmed him officially but rather include pics of him or include his armor as Zero's new alt color. I'm pretty sure Capcom will probably include him later in DLC or in another version of MvC3 since they know Megaman = $$$$

I wouldn't mind if they put him in as DLC, I'd still get him. The question is who would Marvel have him rival?

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/weaponxi000-albums-marvel-gifs-picture20605-cable-purpletaunt.gif

SLAIN!?

Here's a first look to compare the two.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - First Look by jmoonies - YouTube

Regarding the interface designs, I think they actually look a lot better compared to MvC3. And although it's generally the same game with more content, at least they've put in the effort to make the game look and feel different. The new edited voiceover sounds awesome too, reminds me of old arcade game voiceovers. Still, alot of people'll probably look past that and still complain it's the same game at full retail price. Is there anyone actually looking forward to it?

Favourite part - Deadpool riding the objection. Fuckyeeeehhh. (:

Edited by TJWorks

Regarding the interface designs, I think they actually look a lot better compared to MvC3. And although it's generally the same game with more content, at least they've put in the effort to make the game look and feel different. The new edited voiceover sounds awesome too, reminds me of old arcade game voiceovers. Still, alot of people'll probably look past that and still complain it's the same game at full retail price. Is there anyone actually looking forward to it?

Favourite part - Deadpool riding the objection. Fuckyeeeehhh. (:

I know I am and probably any real fighting game player at that. I mean look at how the Call of Duty franchise milks it's consumers yet nobody cries about it. Like Seth Killian said in an interview before, this game is for the die hard fighting game fans not the sometimers who don't play all the time. :dance:

• 1 month later...
This is a free dlc where you can earn cards offline that will boost your characters in different ways. The cards (similar to Magic the Gathering) will feature characters who are not playable in the game from both Marvel and Capcom. Players can choose up to three cards at a time. Also the parry system returns. Here's a sneek peek at the trailer from New York's ComiCon.

Edit: I agree that the first video was crap, so here's the real deal.

Sure, the original video could've been a little better...if I didn't have people constantly moving in my way :p. Glad to see the official trailer was released a few days after to see it in better quality lol. Either way, you're welcome for revealing the mode in advance. :)

Original source of the article and video: Gamers XTREME

Edited by glacier928

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, the original video could've been a little better...if I didn't have people constantly moving in my way :p. Glad to see the official trailer was released a few days after to see it in better quality lol. Either way, you're welcome for revealing the mode in advance. :)

Original source of the article and video: Gamers XTREME

Then I guess I should thank you then. Here check this video out and tell me what you think. One of Jmoonies...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ663-6rstE&hd=1]Heroes and Heralds - an Early Preview by jmoonies (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3) - YouTube[/ame]