XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Melia

Default Why are people mad about Ultimate MVC3?

When i read the news about ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, i too was mad. Mad that they had not released this as DLC, and i felt that i had somehow been conned by MVC3.

But why?

Early reports suggest that UMVC3 will cost 25.

That includes all the new updates, 12 new characters etc.

Lets say, instead, that they released the 12 characters over time as DLC. Going by Jill and Shuma, you are looking at around 3 per character. So that would have cost 36 for the 12.

Thats without the new stages and modes etc.

Another point is the trophies. Though its not confirmed, there is a very good chance that UMvC3 will have a new trophie set and platinum. New character DLC seldom come with new trophies.

So thats 12 new characters, new stages, new modes, gameplay fixes, and a whole new trophy set at a lower cost than if it had been DLC.

Also, to add to that, you can trade in the original game and get more money off. AND, to add further, when you are finished with UMvC3, you could trade that in too (something you cant do with DLC).

When you look at it like that, its a bloody good deal. If they had released all 12 characters as a single DLC pack for 25, i think people would have said that it was waaay too high priced. But release them slowly over time at 3 each, and alot of people would have paid it.

There are only 2 types of people who dont do well out of the MVC to UMvC thing, and that is
- Those who bought the shaddow battles and want to continue using them
- Those who would have only purchased a few of the 12 new charaters (less than 25 worth).

When you look at it like that, it seems like a bloody good deal, and im much more excited about it than i was.

The only annoyance could be that i have already paid 40 for the game, and am now paying 25 extra when i already own most of the content. Somebody coming to the game new only has to pay 25 to get all the content i own and all the new stuff. But the truth is that game prices drop pretty quickly, so even if it was DLC they would still do better off. Or if the original game had cost 65, and they were dropping the price to 25, that would be expected after this amount of time.

Last edited by Melia; 08-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Melia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
Puppet Master

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'm partially annoyed because I would have skipped the majority of the characters. I may get it when it's cheaper and I've already sold of MVC3. But still a lot of the characters are well shit I could get into who again but why bother.

I mean I was ready to buy it at release initially but for whatever reason my enthusiasm has died down greatly since than. I'm sure the fact that I never touched it after beating the arcade mode with all characters added to that fact. Well that and the fact I suspect it won't be the last one much like we keep seeing with Street Fighter 4.

Last edited by Puppet Master; 08-02-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Freddy101P

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Talking

I'm pretty sure this guys sums it up, although the majority of the players are more calm about it

Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Kahalachan

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I'm not pissed.

If someone tries to sell me a piece of dog crap, I'd just and and walk away.

Same thing here.

Retired trophy hunter. Gamer for life.
Kahalachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
B WALT SUPREME
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahalachan View Post
I'm not pissed.

If someone tries to sell me a piece of dog crap, I'd just and and walk away.

Same thing here.
Ya but this is Ultimate crap

It's like regular crap except its got a bit of glitter sprinkled on it, and you might even find a couple of nuts or a piece of corn
B WALT SUPREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
Veritas7Ax

Send a message via AIM to Veritas7Ax

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I see both sides. I can understand frustration that a new version is being released so soon after the original (it'd be less of an issue if it was next year) and so on.

However when people say "this should've been DLC!" I don't think they realize how expensive that would've been Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $40 (US) is a steal in my opinion. If they released the 12 new characters as DLC at the same rate as Jill and Shuma ($5 each), that's $60 each. Maybe Capcom would be really generous and lower it, who knows. Then 8 new stages. .99 cents each? That's another $8 plus tax. Who knows if they would charge for new mods or not.

Veritas7Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
vidis

I dnt know if im gonna buy UMvC3 but if i do CAPCOM BETTER NOT ANOUNCE IN LIKE 4 MONTHS " SUPER ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3 " or something like that.... -_-
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
Xzero

The original game was suppose to be an April release but was pushed up to February. A lot of stuff was missing from the game but Capcom promised they would fix it in patches. Then they claim 3 on 3 action was to intense for a spectator mode. But now they some how manage to figure out how to make it work.

As for a deal giving 12 character for $40. They could just lower the price on DLC for the characters to $3 a character.

No Blank Friend Requests
Xzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
valdezerocool

Anyone know if the game will have different trophies? That is probably it's biggest selling point aside from Ghost Rider.

After Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising getting newer versions I'm feeling very burnt by Capcom all together.
valdezerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #10
ArcheyShiggy

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

I guess that, just as they did in SSFIV, a few new trophies will be introduced, but most of them will repeat. I guess this boosts the sales of the game too.