Why are people mad about Ultimate MVC3?

When i read the news about ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, i too was mad. Mad that they had not released this as DLC, and i felt that i had somehow been conned by MVC3.

But why?

Early reports suggest that UMVC3 will cost £25.

That includes all the new updates, 12 new characters etc.

Lets say, instead, that they released the 12 characters over time as DLC. Going by Jill and Shuma, you are looking at around £3 per character. So that would have cost £36 for the 12.

Thats without the new stages and modes etc.

Another point is the trophies. Though its not confirmed, there is a very good chance that UMvC3 will have a new trophie set and platinum. New character DLC seldom come with new trophies.

So thats 12 new characters, new stages, new modes, gameplay fixes, and a whole new trophy set at a lower cost than if it had been DLC.

Also, to add to that, you can trade in the original game and get more money off. AND, to add further, when you are finished with UMvC3, you could trade that in too (something you cant do with DLC).

When you look at it like that, its a bloody good deal. If they had released all 12 characters as a single DLC pack for £25, i think people would have said that it was waaay too high priced. But release them slowly over time at £3 each, and alot of people would have paid it.

There are only 2 types of people who dont do well out of the MVC to UMvC thing, and that is

- Those who bought the shaddow battles and want to continue using them

- Those who would have only purchased a few of the 12 new charaters (less than £25 worth).

When you look at it like that, it seems like a bloody good deal, and im much more excited about it than i was.

The only annoyance could be that i have already paid £40 for the game, and am now paying £25 extra when i already own most of the content. Somebody coming to the game new only has to pay £25 to get all the content i own and all the new stuff. But the truth is that game prices drop pretty quickly, so even if it was DLC they would still do better off. Or if the original game had cost £65, and they were dropping the price to £25, that would be expected after this amount of time.

Edited by Melia

I'm partially annoyed because I would have skipped the majority of the characters. I may get it when it's cheaper and I've already sold of MVC3. But still a lot of the characters are well shit I could get into who again but why bother.

I mean I was ready to buy it at release initially but for whatever reason my enthusiasm has died down greatly since than. I'm sure the fact that I never touched it after beating the arcade mode with all characters added to that fact. Well that and the fact I suspect it won't be the last one much like we keep seeing with Street Fighter 4.

Edited by Puppet Master

I'm not pissed.

If someone tries to sell me a piece of dog crap, I'd just :eek: and :confused: and walk away.

Same thing here.

Ya but this is Ultimate crap

It's like regular crap except its got a bit of glitter sprinkled on it, and you might even find a couple of nuts or a piece of corn

I see both sides. I can understand frustration that a new version is being released so soon after the original (it'd be less of an issue if it was next year) and so on.

However when people say "this should've been DLC!" I don't think they realize how expensive that would've been Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $40 (US) is a steal in my opinion. If they released the 12 new characters as DLC at the same rate as Jill and Shuma ($5 each), that's $60 each. Maybe Capcom would be really generous and lower it, who knows. Then 8 new stages. .99 cents each? That's another $8 plus tax. Who knows if they would charge for new mods or not.

The original game was suppose to be an April release but was pushed up to February. A lot of stuff was missing from the game but Capcom promised they would fix it in patches. Then they claim 3 on 3 action was to intense for a spectator mode. But now they some how manage to figure out how to make it work.

As for a deal giving 12 character for $40. They could just lower the price on DLC for the characters to $3 a character.

I am impartial to the idea but am a little bit choked that of the 12 new characters... how many of them are dudes again? Wait what, all of them? I guess the only pussy [cat] you really need in the game is Felicia anyway. Would have been down with Sheva or something though, they have everyone else from RE so why not.

Not sure why people care. If everyone's so peeved at Capcom coz of it, just boycott and maybe they'll think twice next time. Me, I'm gonna buy it down the track for sure.

Sadly I will also be buying it.

Is that red demon a female? I can't tell, however adding in some of the RE girls would have been good.

Another point is the trophies. Though its not confirmed, there is a very good chance that UMvC3 will have a new trophie set and platinum. New character DLC seldom come with new trophies.

I'm hoping it doesn't come with a new trophy set. I hope it uses the same set and adds all the new characters. That way I'll for sure be able to get that damn New Avenger trophy and finally the platinum.

But more than likely Crapcom will do like SF4 & SSF4 and have a new list with nearly the same trophies. I'm not touching UMvC3 if they do that.

Probably because Capcom screwed over gamers again with a vanilla version of MvC3 like they did with SSF4 and the fact is you'll have 2 sets of trophy lists for the same bloody game as it wont over right the old list because SSF4 didnt over SF4's.

Its a con and gamers should wake up and smelt the coffee after the SF fiasco.

I'm hoping it doesn't come with a new trophy set. I hope it uses the same set and adds all the new characters. That way I'll for sure be able to get that damn New Avenger trophy and finally the platinum.

But more than likely Crapcom will do like SF4 & SSF4 and have a new list with nearly the same trophies. I'm not touching UMvC3 if they do that.

You don't like a new trophy set? For me it is the major selling point of UMvC3 since I care neither about the new characters nor stages.

Probably because Capcom screwed over gamers again with a vanilla version of MvC3 like they did with SSF4 and the fact is you'll have 2 sets of trophy lists for the same bloody game as it wont over right the old list because SSF4 didnt over SF4's.

Its a con and gamers should wake up and smelt the coffee after the SF fiasco.

Didn't feel as back with Street Fighter because the original felt like a complete game. Then the super version felt like an expansion.

MvC3 on the other hand felt like a beta we had to pay for and Ultimate seems like what a first release should be like.

Consider its a new release just like SSF4 i´m pretty confident it will have a new trophy set.

I think it's stupid on capcom's part, regarding another version of mvc3. :think:

Specially when capcom is bringing out remakes of the same game, (SSF4-SSF4:AE-SSF4:AE 2010)

Capcom is just :ass:<---8 us and is in it for the quick buck!:mad::

I say, just give the game some breathing room, Via DLC.... Come-on just 2 DLC and call it quits :wtf: CAPCOM!

I didn't buy MvC3, I rented. I didn't buy Fallout New Vegas at launch either, rented that one too. I also only rented Dragon Age 2. Same with LA Noire. Well really, I'm renting most of my stuff, but I made specific conscious choices on those titles despite my excitement for them.

I'm sure a lot of you can see the pattern as to why. So no, I'm not mad. I'm not mad because I had expectations for the publisher in regards to the genre, and they were met, and I wasn't left disappointed as a result. For those who are left disappointed, I can see why they're upset over UMvC3's announcement.

I'm mad about Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for 2 reasons:

1. The content STARTED as DLC for the regular MvC3, but......

2. As of current news, the content WON'T be available as DLC for regular MvC3

It's basically a big f-u to those of us who bought the game at launch. I think the comic that Melia posted on page 2 of this thread basically sums it up.

It wouldn't be so bad if Capcom hadn't decided that they weren't releasing it as DLC for the regular MvC3. That is the part that is really screwing over Capcom's loyal supporters.

BAD FORM CAPCOM, BAD FORM.