Trophy Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

Jawmuncher

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

Just thought I'd clears some things up.

The game is indeed boostable, while not 100% certain due to there being no names in games this is how you can find each other online.

First you should have your friend host a friendly match so that you can see his Ping.

After that have them host a scoreboard match.

Now to have a better chance at finding him you should refresh while he is making the room. (Once you can get the timing down to where you refresh as soon as his room is made can help you find them easier)

Quickly join the game you see with the same PING as earlier.

This should be your friend.

*Ping is never 100% consistent so you want to keep some kind of range.

So if your friend has very low ping look for very low numbers and if they have very high numbers look for very high numbers.

I have heard that boosting with people over seas is easier since there ping is sometimes very high.

*I did this with a friend and was able to join matches a few time with them, so I am unsure if this may affect some sort of ranking.

Such as if you have so many wins and you're trying to boost with someone who hasn't even played I do not know if that hides there lobby from you or not.

This is the best I could come up with since I know many will do this mainly for the 50 Wins with 1 character achievements.

If you know of any tricks to make finding rooms easier please post

Edited by BreadSkin

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you could bridge your connection, ban all IPs other then your friends and Sony's and then when you go to Ranked/Player he should be the only person there.

Also the person hosting can do that also so no other players can join the game and it will always be open.

Bit of a hassle for a few trophies but hey, whatever gets it done. Not to mention that using this method you could possibly boost in a few other ranked based games.

I know over on the 360 that MS is very strict against bridging, but I doubt Sony monitors that type of activity at all.

Someone feel free to tell me if this works.

Or you could bridge your connection, ban all IPs other then your friends and Sony's and then when you go to Ranked/Player he should be the only person there.

Also the person hosting can do that also so no other players can join the game and it will always be open.

Bit of a hassle for a few trophies but hey, whatever gets it done. Not to mention that using this method you could possibly boost in a few other ranked based games.

I know over on the 360 that MS is very strict against bridging, but I doubt Sony monitors that type of activity at all.

Someone feel free to tell me if this works.

I don't think it could actually work. When you create a room, you don't broadcast it to every PS3 player that is searching for a room. The created room are sent to the game server, and the server replies to the searching players, which means blocking a given IP will not prevent it do appear on the list, as you get the list from the server IP.

Edited by overday

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sorry that the guide isn't great.

It is indeed hard to meet up BUT it is indeed possible to boost like this.

Like I said you can join each other with this method. Sure the percentage isn't 100% but you have much more of a chance doing this rather than randomly searching.

As for connection bridiging I will have to look into that.

But I am unsure if that is agaisnt the rules to tal

EDIT:

Shamrock54 is right, if you somehow manage to borrow a buddies PS3 and both hook up to the router when you search your friend will come up as 0 ping making this 10x easier. so long as you are quick enough

Edited by Jawmuncher

Hey guys, just to let u know you can boost this successfully. I was able to do it without connecting to a buddy's router. U can do this over the internet. It's time consuming and annoying as hell. It's pretty tricky but if u get the right set up going it's ez mode.

The whole ping thing does work. So check ping in friendly match and go to scoreboard match.

However, as u all may know rooms fill up very fast so its important to have contact with ur boosting partner. Verbal contact, verbal as in talking.

No one can type as fast as they can talk so if you have verbal communication set up, your success rate in connecting with a friend increases 100 fold.

Verbal communication i.e phone, ventrilo, teamspeak, skype. My friend and I used a ventrilo server that I use so yeah. Phone can work but unless u can unlimited minutes, its gonna be expensive as fuck. I'm sure just about everyone has their systems by a computer and/or has a laptop with wireless connection so this shouldn't be an issue. If you don't then be prepared to get on that cellphone. If you don't have a cellphone, then it sucks to be you.

Once u got verbal contact with ur partner. One of u has to set up a room. Since you can only chose voice chat on or voice chat off as options. I suggest voice chat off. The default is voice chat on so off means less rooms to sort through.

Here's where the voice chat comes into play. You can tell ur partner when u make the room. You make the room, ur partner hits refresh. If he tries to connect. Your partner should literally give u the play by play of what is going on. Keeping an open mic works the best. You say your making the room, he refreshes, he attempts a connection. If he fails, you leave room and remake the room. If he joins, he should say that he's joining in. Literally a play by play.

You and him are connected maybe...ok so you're asking how to do tell if its him or not. You set up a signal in character selection since u both share the screen. What i did was roll my cursor around like crazy, hit any character. Don't select just roll ur d-pad, analog, or joystick, watever. If he sees you moving around all over the place, then he knows its you. Play your game and be prepared to repeat the process.

Trust me this works. My friend and I boosted all online trophies using this method. From 0-100. It's time consuming as hell to do since you have to do at least 200 matches to get this. We messed up on the win-lose ratio because of snap back trophies and 50 One Character Victories. So we went up to 105 to 110 in terms of wins so about 210 to 220 matches total.

I'll do a numbered step by step for ez reading.

#1: Set up some kind of verbal communication with your partner. Your choice. Vent, Teamspeak, etc

#2: Check ping with friendly match, just one of you. (Player who's checking ping will connecting to the room & Player who's getting ping checked will be hosting the room. Just FYI.)

#3: Scoreboard match. Stay on the voice on/off part. (Tell partner if voice on or off. Off is probably best)

#4: Tell your partner you made the room. Partner needs to refresh. (One after the other)

#5: Partner attempts connection. Partners needs to give play by play. (Open mic)

#5.5: If connection fails or someone else joins your room, quit out before game starts and repeat steps #3-5.

#6: Partner may have connected. Get the character selection.

#7: Give your partner a signal. Move the cursor randomly, select a specific character, whatever.

#7.5: If partner doesn't give signal or no signal is seen. More than likely a different player. Quit out via the Home button. Repeat steps #3-7. (Lucky, this almost never happens. If your partner says he's connecting to you then there like a 99% chance that it's him.)

#8: If signal is seen, then both of you are in a game together. Play your game and start boosting.

Repeat the process as necessary. If both of you start off at 0 wins - 0 losses and you do everything right for all trophies you should only have do 200 matches so both of you will be 100-100.

The key is communication. If you and your partner are always talking to each other, the better off you are. It's going to take a while so make sure you're comfortable and take breaks. My friend and I grinded this out.

The most annoying part is when step #5.5 occurs and sometimes will repeat the process a lot. I think the max I repeated was about 10 times before we hooked up again. If you want to increase your chances even more. Play during a time when no one plays. Late at night, early in the morning. Afternoon to evening...not so much.

Good luck everyone.

If someone wants to give this a shot add me.

• 3 weeks later...
add me PSN SlowChemical and lets give it a try

i think you were spot on when we were in the chat together.

if we get like, 6 people or so to all get in on it at once, it would be a whole hell of a lot easier. more time-consuming, probably.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...