Trophy Difficulty Rating

olsen77

Rate the trophy difficulty.  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_80.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.24

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

It really depends on whether you've played MvC2 before or not.

For example, those who haven't played MvC2 at all or not for long may have beating others online, since there will be many experienced players online with this game.

Overall I'd give this an 7. Mainly because a lot of these trophies do seem doable (and having experience with the game, I know which ones are doable) but there do seem a few that may give some people trouble.

It definitely helps to have a trophy partner with this one.

Edited by Krimmson

I said 8 because you have to get 100 Scoreboard (ranked or you don't know who you're facing) matches which include 50 1-character wins, and 10 snapbacks. While boostable, it will take a while to do, even if you're lucky and get 200 straight matches with a boosting partner. Also, online is currently borked if you search for a custom match, so you have to do quick matches, making it harder to boost.

The Arcade trophies are also kind of difficult to get since you have to do it without dying 4 times.

I gave it a 3.

For veterans who have played this game since like a decade ago, 100% will be the easiest thing.

But if you are new to this game you are going to have HELL, not by me because I take it easy on newcomers but others will give you no chance.

this game is very easy to learn but hard to master.

A 10 if you want to do it legitimately and you are a pure Capcom fan.

A 3 if you want to do it legitimately and you are a pure Marvel fan.

A 1 if you want to do it legitimately and you are a pure Magneto/Sentinel/Storm fan.

7/10.

Multiplayer's easy when you have 2 controllers in hand. If not, you either borrow your friends, or buy a cheap one.

Single player can be somewhat a challenge when you have to start over every time you lose.

And online...oh, boy.Trying to get the online trophies are time consuming and luck to find someone close to your level.

• 2 weeks later...

i gave it a 7, cause the one player and multiplayer trophies are too easy to get (if you have 2 controllers of course), however, the online trophies are a pain in the ass because the most people who play ranked matches are really a pro gamers or they use cheap methods to defeat u, even if you try to boost them, it will take you a lot of time and its very annoying

i found the online stuff too easy... i have a record of 138-3... i was wouldnt call myself a good player at this gen, it reminded me of the old buttom bashers.. get them in a corner and beat the shit out of them, maybe 138 noobs but its still a score... only thing i have found hard is the capcom arcade thing... even with 3 ryu's i always get ended around round 6 or 7... so for that alone id up the difficulty to @7/10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted 9. And I agree 100% with what monkeyusp says :

the online trophies are a pain in the ass because the most people who play ranked matches are really a pro gamers or they use cheap methods to defeat u, even if you try to boost them, it will take you a lot of time and its very annoying

The Best There Is (At What I Do) is a damn hard trophy (get 50 victories online using only 1 character). Unless you're some kind of god at mvc2, to get this trophy you have to use cheap tactics, which means many many people will quit before you beat their last character so you actually have to win like 70 or 80 times instead of 50 :eek:

I got 100% trophies at this game in 6 days but it was a nightmare, and the game is not easily boostable (you're not garantied to meet your booster).

• 3 weeks later...

1 For Multiplayer Trophies

5 For Arcade Trophies (Except for Uncanny Hero, where you can just spam with Cable)

10 For Scoreboard Trophies (Maybe if you're Evo staus, these trophies aren't that hard, but for us normal folk, it's damn near impossible to get these without putting in serious work, and getting some serious luck along the way. Like many, I get my ass handed to me on a frequent basis with this game online)

Overall, it's an 8

If anyone is having a tough time getting those Scoreboard Trophies... All I can say is:

Don't giiive uuuuuuuuuup!!!!

Edited by IIICCCPIII

i gave it a 7.

for new players this shit is going to be almost impossible.

but if you are even somewhat decent at fighters and understand that this game is different from say, street fighter, then you'll have most of them in not time at all.

first off, the guide to getting these trophies will get you most of them right off the bat.

also, beating the game without a continue is NOT as hard as some people are making it out to be. im no yipes, but on that same note, i have been playing since this game came to the ps2.

a good way to do it, is to just set damage to high or max or whatever it is now, set time to 30 sec. and of course pick easy.

admittedly, i had a spot of trouble with the vampire saviours team. it had me stuck for almost a whole day. that's really only because i never played darkstalkers, or used the characters for active fighting before attempting the trophy.

100 wins will come with time. remember time consuming does not equal difficult.

50 OCV's is another story. but if youre only looking for the trophy [and that is what we are talking about here right? trophy difficulty?], read this thread.

i dont entirely agree with the op, but he has the jist of it.

as a final note, dont bother boosting guys, its not worth it. i tried a hundred times before i got my 100% and it never once worked for me.

with some spare time and a little patience, this 100% is very attainable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a 9. The online fights are ridiculously hard for me and it took forever to get the 100 wins trophy. I was able to boost for 50 OCVs by playing around 5am when less players are online. This game was so broken I'm so glad to be done with it. I would play it for fun with friends but the online matches are so aggravating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The offline stuff is very easy. 3 at most since you can do them in a few hours. Beating the game with the certain team without continuing is also simple in itself. Even if the characters you have to play with are new to you, it's not hard to learn a pattern and waltz through the game. Final Rating: 3

The online Stuff (with the exception of "Get Out Of Here!!") is maddening. 50 single character wins is a pain to get unless you learn all of the infinites and death traps with Magneto, Cable, Sentinel, Iron Man, and Captain "Assist only" Commando. If you don't, consider those trophies Boostable only. Final Rating 9.5 (the snap back trophy drops it by half a point).

Final Overall Rating: 9