Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat - Collectible's Guide

USEFUL INFO

Please note that neither Chapter 1 nor Chapter 6 (the final boss fight) contain any comic stacks. Also, unless I am mistaken, there are a few stacks which cannot be accessed with the characters you are given on your first playthrough (clearly labeled below). For these ones you will need to return to the levels in question so that you can pick the characters you use.

It’s also worth mentioning that my game glitched - I tracked every collectible I found but the trophy didn't pop on the last one. This necessitated a second play but I've not heard of it happening to anyone else. Despite rushing through every chapter and barely smashing anything other than the items with comic stacks in them I still had over 1,000,000 comic sales by the end of the game. Don’t waste your time destroying every item in the game, it’s a complete waste!

In reality a guide isn't needed as the collectibles are ridiculously easy. However, you may find that it saves you some time if you get the more common glitch where a collectible you've found doesn't appear on the level status screen. It's not much fun replaying levels over and over not knowing whether the game's glitched or if you simply can't find the collectible, so I hope having the exact locations eases the pain.

GUIDE

CHAPTER 2

2-1 In a box, top right-hand corner of rooftop you start on.

2-2 In the room where you’re ambushed by enemies coming out of elevators (the one with a blue and grey square in the middle of the floor) – right-hand side in a red box.

2-3 In the second laser area that Modok traps you in, this is in a stack of boxes on the left-hand side under the CCTV camera.

2-4 Enter the middle square–shaped platform, bomb the obstruction on the left then go past this and down. Comic stack is in a box at the bottom of the screen.

2-5 Go to the far right of the office and blast through the reinforced door. Beyond this is a 'secret' room. Comic stack is in a barrel on the far right.

2-6 You start in an area with a laser blasting at you. Move up one section and break the boxes on the left for your stack.

2-7 Break the present box in the top right of the boss area.

CHAPTER 3

3-1 In the large-ish room with control panels lining the walls, this is in the top right-hand corner.

3-2 On the hexagonal elevator, in the box on the left side.

3-3 In the circular room with lots of chairs, this is in the chair on the left near the red control panel.

3-4 In the first room you enter with the brown crates at the top. This is in the stack in the top right.

3-5 Through the vine-covered door on the right-hand side of the first area. Let the large robot blast it down if you can't get through. Then it’s in the bottom right corner of this 'secret' area.

3-6 On the scrolling platform (or "basket" as the game bizarrely calls it), at the top in a stack of boxes.

3-7 *Can't be done first time* Not sure exactly which character was required, but I picked Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Iron Man, then was able to get through the door with the radioactive symbol (after smashing through several rows of 3 crates). The comic stack is in a barrel on the bottom left of this 'secret' room.

3-8 To the right of the boss room, in front of him.

CHAPTER 4

4-1 *Can't be done first time* Picked Squirrel Girl, Invisible Girl and Scarlet Witch, then was able to blast through the vine-covered wall to the far right of this scene. The stack's in the treasure chest.

4-2 *Can't be done first time* Picked Thor, Reptil and Hulk. Walk down the corridor with the enemies and purple blob thing (distract with a decoy), turn right around the corner and you'll see a ghostly web-like section covering a gap in the wall. Blast through there and your comic stack is in the treasure chest.

4-3 You start in a circular corridor. Feel free to go through the portals and get the ink upgrade as this returns you to the start after you're done. Then continue around the corridor in a clockwise direction until you reach a hole in the left wall with a couple of those purple blob things in the way. Use a decoy to get rid and smash the boxes behind them for your stack of comics.

4-4 When defending the statue, this is in a treasure chest in the top left corner

4-5 When in space, move down from where you start and smash the box.

4-6 In the large room with the boss fight, in the top right corner in a box that's next to a statue and underneath a chandelier.

CHAPTER 5

5-1 There'll be a small cutscene where the enemy says "Uh oh, looks like I have company!" After that, bash through the boxes underneath the moving cart on rails. The comic stack is in a box on the left.

5-2 In the octagonal laser room, hidden in a destroyed robot in the bottom right.

5-3 *Can't be done first time* I picked Squirrel Girl, Thor and Falcon and was then able to blast through the door to the left of the garbage compressor. The stack's in the bottom-left of this 'secret' room.

5-4 In the room with the robots on rollers that shoot lasers, this is in the barrels above the circle shape on the floor.

5-5 In the room with the electrical spires that you have to destroy with bombs. Didn't get the exact location, but if you destroy everything you see you shouldn't be able to miss it.

5-6 In the boss fight area, in a pile of barrels at the bottom-right of the screen.

Nab all of those and you'll have your 'Summer Reading' (G) almost certainly the imaginatively titled Platinum (P).

The chances of me checking this thread regularly a slim, but feel free to PM if you have any updates or amendments. Also I'm an idiot and put an apostrophe in the title. If a mod reads this, please amend!

Edited by amplifiedAnt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Issue 4, Panel 6 is the Comic Stack that glitched on me. As I was finishing the boss battle there, I consciously noticed a ton of breakables in the room that I forgot to destroy. Once boss was finished, you are automatically removed from room so could not get the chests/breakables at that point. However, in the Issues on the Artist's Desk it incorrectly showed that I had completed this comic stack, when I knew I hadn't. Sure enough after finishing the game, I still didn't have this trophy. Went back to 4-6 and directly to the location on this guide and there it was. Trophy then popped.

• 1 year later...