Wolverine table

Vyrastas

Discuss the Wolverine table.

This is probably my least favorite one... does anyone know what a "saucer" is in terms of pinball? On some of the missions it says to hit X saucer, but I don't understand what they mean exactly. Are these the same as the ramps/orbits?

The ninja trophy on this one is super easy.

This is actually probably my favorite. There are two saucers, one on the left above the "e" in "heal" which, if hit five times, gives you a special claw ball save. The other is just to the right of the carousel which is the amnesia saucer. both preform various actions in different events.

to me the easiest way to grab big points is with the sentinel game mode, especially if you can shoot the ball in the saucer just before the mode starts to give you a ton more points when you shoot the ramps. also, fast ball mode can give you a ton of ponts.

Discuss the Wolverine table.

..does anyone know what a "saucer" is in terms of pinball?

On a real table a saucer is like a small depression in the playfield where the ball can sit and then be released back into the game, unlike a sinkhole where the ball disappears completely down a hole.

Here's a real one from a Tales of the Arabian Nights machine.

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album06/Pinball/saucer.jpg

Thanks guys, I didn't realize those were called saucers. I know what to do now.

I hit them so often until I get to the part where you get to fight sabertooth then I never can hit the saucers. I got so mad I needed to hit one more saucer and I would have beat sabertooth but then I lost my ball.

That's how it always works... I can hit anything when I'm just messing around, but when I need to do something specific in a time crunch I can't hit it for the life of me.

Can anyone confirm how many rounds/stages are needed to defeat sabretooth? is it just the once? I can get him out but everytime im like 1 drop target short or the da table rebounds my ball straight from sabretooths position in the mid upper of the table straight down the middle and im unable to do anything but watch the ball sink.

Can anyone confirm how many rounds/stages are needed to defeat sabretooth? is it just the once? I can get him out but everytime im like 1 drop target short or the da table rebounds my ball straight from sabretooths position in the mid upper of the table straight down the middle and im unable to do anything but watch the ball sink.

I believe you just have to hit those 4 drop targets within the time limit once he comes out to fight. Then you've defeated him.

I completed Sentinel the other day... you will get tons of points if you can get it up in the bumpers right after beating him... 1 million for each bumper hit.

I need to practice hitting the saucers on this table. It's key for both Sabretooth and Adamantium multiball. Hitting both saucers within seconds during the multiball seems hard, did you really find it easy, Oskari?

Hitting both saucers within seconds during the multiball seems hard, did you really find it easy, Oskari?

That may be the hardest part.

Use your both flippers to catch both balls. Shoot the BOND ramp. Use your right flipper. It's harder to hit the upper saucer if your upper right flipper is up.

Now try to hit the upper saucer. Changing the wiews may be the key. Do you use wiew 6? It's easier to shoot the saucers,when you see your flippers and ball better. If you were able to hit the saucer, 5-8 sec timer starts. (I'm not sure how many secs you have time) Try to catch the other ball with right flipper. Then shoot the left saucer. Next, hit the adamantium ball into the BOND ramp. That can be hard. You can't see your flipper when you try to hit the ramp. I hitted the ramp accidentally. :o

This may sound silly but what EXACTLY do you have to do for the Clever Hands trophy - I have beat the living hell out of those ninjas and it never pops - so how do you "dump" a ball on them - im probably missing something easy without an extensive vocab of pinball terminology and knowledge.

after activating the hand shoot the ball back into play

while crossing the board on the overhead ramp

hit a flipper to drop the ball off the ramp onto their head

no doubt the easiest trophy of all.

just got the bond trophy the other night. seems a lot like luck to me. i figgured out where i need to hit the ball on the flipper to get the lower saucer, but i still haven't found the sweet spot to hit the top saucer (which has cost me extra balls on more than one occasion).

also, for those who don't know, there is a sweet spot where you can knock the ball off on the hand challenge to hit two ninjas so you only have to take one down. there's a 1m time bonus if you complete it quickly which you should be able to get every time.

i was wondering if anyone else has trouble on fastball as well? it seems like everytime i do it, because there's no resistance on the ball, i'll fire it up the right or left orbit and it goes right down the drain. other than not shooting those, any tips?

i was wondering if anyone else has trouble on fastball as well? it seems like everytime i do it, because there's no resistance on the ball, i'll fire it up the right or left orbit and it goes right down the drain. other than not shooting those, any tips?

On the fastball deal I just catch it after only two hits in succession, because the ball goes too fast for me to track after that.

Managed to get all Wolverine trophies today. This table is the easiest of them all to get the trophies since you're not required to beat all missions. But still, the adamantium mission and sabertooth takes some effort to beat.

Does anyone has any tips on how to consistently hit the middle ramp? That one is so difficult to reach and you need to hit it multiple times to trigger the samurai fight. That was the only thing remaining for me before starting the final mission.

Managed to get all Wolverine trophies today. This table is the easiest of them all to get the trophies since you're not required to beat all missions. But still, the adamantium mission and sabertooth takes some effort to beat.

Does anyone has any tips on how to consistently hit the middle ramp? That one is so difficult to reach and you need to hit it multiple times to trigger the samurai fight. That was the only thing remaining for me before starting the final mission.

How exactly do you beat sabretooth, i get him out 4 the fight but how do i reduce his life? is it the drop targets above his spinning platform or the "amnesia" shot? & few tips on adamantium trophy would be appreciated ive read the rules but im missing summit.

Edited by RotaryRex

Sabretooth:

Once the fight starts, hit either the snikt saucer (located under the Weapon X tank) or the amnesia saucer. You can hit the snikt saucer consistently by shooting when the ball is at the tip of the right flipper.

Hitting either saucer will raise a ramp in the middle of the table. Shoot the ramp so the ball goes above the spinning disc and hit one of the 4 blue drop targets. Hit them all to win the fight.

After you win the fight, the spinning disc will be open for some time. Each hit inside the disc is worth a million points.

Adamantium:

Shoot the left ramp 4 times to spell BOND, then hit the snikt saucer. This will start the mission and a second ball will come into play.

Now you need to hit both saucers. Once you hit the first, you have 10 seconds to hit the other. After that, one of the balls will be glowing and you need to shoot it to the left ramp.

I don't have any tips to help you out, sorry. It's a tough mission and will probably require multiple attempts, but at least you can go for this trophy as soon as the game starts.

Good luck.

By the way, I didn't think about this before, but you can activate the ball save over and over again by shooting the snikt saucer 5 times. Ball saver doesn't go off until you use it, so it's worth it to keep it active all the time.

Hey, if you lose your ball from outlane, can the Clawsave Save your ball from draining? It would be very useful ball saver.

You can hit the snikt saucer consistently by shooting when the ball is at the tip of the right flipper.

Can you do this from a caught position? Or does the ball need some speed?

I always hit either the "bumper" over the left flipper (don't know the technical term for that thing) or the left orbit when I try to hit it from a caught position.

Eventhough this table seems to be rather easy (compared to Ironman), it's pretty hard to achieve anything if you can't hit the saucers consistently. :(

edit: Ok, I figured out how to hit the SNIKT saucer but I just can't do it consistently enough to beat Sabretooth within the timelimit :(

Any tipps on hitting the Amnesia saucer from a caught position? I hit that thing frequently when I'm trying to start the Sabretooth fight but I can't figure out how I'm doing it... :D

Edited by sui99