Blade table

Vyrastas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone figured out how to activate the kickbacks other than through the shop on this table?

I've played the table for a bit just now and got 2 of the trophies without even trying for them. Don't even ask me how I got them :p. Extra balls are awarded like crazy aswell. Again, don't ask me how, but I've scored a lot of them in the hour I played...

Also managed to spell D*A*ULA before losing 3 balls in less than a minute :(. But the trophy description still worries me a bit. "Complete all stages of the final mission". So it's probably not just a simple fight like hit "x" ramp "y" times...

I activated the kickback without using the workshop, but I don't know how I did it. :o Not sure why they didn't mention it in the rule sheet.

I was able to get 5 letters in DRACULA as well... so it doesn't seem like completing that will be too hard. As for the final mission, I'm sure one of you guys will get there before I do, so let me know how it goes. :)

The ramps/orbits on the right are a pain because they're so close together and far away from the flipper... hard to consistently hit a certain one.

Edited by Vyrastas

I activated the kickback without using the workshop, but I don't know how I did it. :o Not sure why they didn't mention it in the rule sheet.

I was able to get 5 letters in DRACULA as well... so it doesn't seem like completing that will be too hard. As for the final mission, I'm sure one of you guys will get there before I do, so let me know how it goes. :)

The ramps/orbits on the right are a pain because they're so close together and far away from the flipper... hard to consistently hit a certain one.

Ok, so it is possible :). I'll keep my eyes open and see if I can figure it out. ;) Should've been in the rule sheets like you said. Using the workshop is pretty reliable aswell. But it takes a while to get them that way.

And I'm with you on the ramps/orbits. It's very annoying to get the right one. Luckily there aren't that many timed shots to them. Or so I think :think:

Edited by steviej

And I'm with you on the ramps/orbits. It's very annoying to get the right one. Luckily there aren't that many timed shots to them. Or so I think :think:

Well, technically they are all timed since your fatigue level determines how long it stays night time. :) There is a fatigue meter on the dotmatrix when you're doing the missions, I noticed.

4 let to right mini orbits awards you both kickbacks at once.

You mean 4 left to right orbits?

Well, technically they are all timed since your fatigue level determines how long it stays night time. :) There is a fatigue meter on the dotmatrix when you're doing the missions, I noticed.

Yea, I was actually just about to correct myself on that one :p. It really helps if you take the daytime serious aswell, even though there are no missions or anything. Just use it for all the percs. It'll save you a lot of headache during the nighttime missions.

You mean 4 left to right orbits?

Yep that's it, sorry :p. But it's kind of an annoying shot. The shots do stack even after losing a ball.

On another note, I found a really easy extra ball. You know on the miniplayfield, if you can get 3 or 4 shots around the orbit there, your ball catches on fire? If you shoot that flaming ball in the Lair Hole (that's the cave-like one in front of the bumpers), you'll earn one. :)

And on another note. Getting the letter R is annoying as hell... I can never make that last shot. You have a single random ramp, changing every 2! seconds and you have to somehow hit one before the 25 second timer runs out.

Edited by steviej

Yes that left to right orbit and the far right ramp are both annoying shots. I don't like them. :mad:

I didn't know you could get an extra ball with it on fire like that, thanks for the tip. I believe that sinkhole is called the Lair hole in the rule sheet. Extra balls are very easy on this table, I get one pretty much every game without really trying.

On another note, I found a really easy extra ball. You know on the miniplayfield, if you can get 3 or 4 shots around the orbit there, your ball catches on fire? If you shoot that flaming ball in the Lair Hole (that's the cave-like one in front of the bumpers), you'll earn one. :)

Scratch that. It's after lowering all targets in front of the mission hole that extra ball becomes available. My ball just happened to be on fire a few times in a row, but that's not needed. :o

you also get extra balls for having "low scores on your first two balls", which is weird. i'm having a lot of trouble just hiting the ramps on this table. especially the citidel ramp. the only mission i managed to complete was the doppleganger one and i get some big points on multiballs. there seem to be a few different kinds though. i know how the hanibal one starts, but does anyone know how the others are activiated?

Are you talking about the ones that are listed in the middle of the table? Those are activated by hitting the mission hole that you reach after using the Citadel ramp at night. You can select any of the four you want before starting.

I'm assuming by Doppelganger you mean the one where you just select the matching face on the dotmatrix.

The D in DRACULA is when you hit the bumpers enough to fill up "VISIONS" on the dotmatrix... the ball then gets caught by the bumpers and starts whizzing around them while a Dracula head appears above them and laughs.

One of the other letters is finding the hidden vampire or something, I think. A ramp will occasionally light up and you only have like 10 seconds to hit it and I believe you have to do that a few times. I can't remember for sure though.

Edited by Vyrastas

you also get extra balls for having "low scores on your first two balls", which is weird. i'm having a lot of trouble just hiting the ramps on this table. especially the citidel ramp. the only mission i managed to complete was the doppleganger one and i get some big points on multiballs. there seem to be a few different kinds though. i know how the hanibal one starts, but does anyone know how the others are activiated?

The UV-multiball starts by hitting the sinkholes on the left during nighttime. Don't know the exact reqs though.

There's also one during the day, but I have absolutely no idea how to start that one.

But the Hannibal MB is the only one that gives "big" jackpots I think.

This is the only table I've spent a lot of time on. And it's a tough one. Very tight ramps, very hard to activate kickbacks/ball saver and very frequent drains.

One of the other letters is finding the hidden vampire or something, I think. A ramp will occasionally light up and you only have like 10 seconds to hit it and I believe you have to do that a few times. I can't remember for sure though.

the R you get by cleaning out a lair. At night, hit the lair hole to light up the compass. You'll hear hannibal tell you something along the lines of "so this thing will help me locate vamps". Then, hit any ramp/orbit. Then hit the lair hole again. The ramp/orbit you hit before will now be a lair for about 25 seconds. Hit the ball in there and you'll start this mission.

There are 5 vampires that need to be killed here, all represented by a ramp/orbit. They rotate counter clockwise every 2-3 seconds and you have 25 seconds to hit each one. So when you first start the mission, all 5 ramps/orbits are lit. But your last shot will be a single lit ramp/orbit, switching every 2-3 seconds.:rolleyes: Annoying, to say the least.

The first A you get by shooting the "district" hole, in the very back center 3 times. Complete the video challenge and you're done.

The 4 missions spell CULA

EDIT, oeps, sorry bout double post. Thought I was editing :s

Edited by steviej

So! DRACULA makes many points but it is difficult to beat him.

We must be very fast.

Fortunately we have several chances.

No trophies today :mad:

Have you beaten Stage 1 yet Hypno? I can't even pass that one... 12 hits is my max so far.

Big points indeed!! 2 million for every hit, and everything counts. Holes, ramps, orbit, etc... I didn't even realise it untill I saw my highscore of 125m something :applause:. But it's on local only, as I'll be playing offline for a while.

EDIT: @75thDeadMan: To activate the "daywalker" multiball, you have to spell BLADE during the daytime. Check the ingame rules for the details, but it's pretty easy. The best thing about this one is that it also awards an extra ball.

Edited by steviej

:)

I like maybe this table most.. Its so variable and everything nice always happens. But what do you do with the item purchasing thing? I know silver ball adds to multiball but what are the others?

You can collect money in this table. Always, when you go to the store, you can buy something nice. For excample: Weapons, More score, Longer ball save, Both kickbacks etc.

If you are having some problems with the orbits, you can always buy the kickbacks. :)

Have you beaten Stage 1 yet Hypno? I can't even pass that one... 12 hits is my max so far.

Big points indeed!! 2 million for every hit, and everything counts. Holes, ramps, orbit, etc... I didn't even realise it untill I saw my highscore of 125m something :applause:. But it's on local only, as I'll be playing offline for a while.

Same for me, I can not pass the first level

• 3 weeks later...