Spider-Man table

Vyrastas

I figured we should start general threads for each table, to keep discussion organized.

A tip for this table... when you activate the Mysterio mission and the flippers reverse, immediately turn your controller upside-down, that way you can continue to play as normal. Ball save is active the entire time (plus for a little bit after it reverts so you can flip your controller back over) so you don't have to worry about losing it, but turning the controller upside-down makes it so much easier to complete the mission.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with mysterio random lanes or holes will be lit up. you have about 30 seconds to hit one. you have to do this three times in a row and different ramps/orbits/holes will light up after each time. doc takes so many hits to get him back up to his home. the sooner you can hit his ramps, the less it will take, the longer the more hits it takes. if the jameson mission is the photo one (still learning names) you have to take a picture by shooting it up the correctly lite orbit (i believe the right orbit works) but not postive.

Yeah for the first stage of the Jameson one, you just have to hit the right orbit within 15 seconds. The second stage I believe you have to hit two spots to complete it.

The Smart Move trophy is going to be tough I think. You'd have to get Doc Ok to start grabbing your ball away (I think it's his second stage, it happened to me once but I wasn't paying attention) and start the Green Goblin mission at the same time so his bombs are in play and you can get Doc to grab one.

Edited by Vyrastas

Yeah for the first stage of the Jameson one, you just have to hit the right orbit within 15 seconds. The second stage I believe you have to hit two spots to complete it.

The Smart Move trophy is going to be tough I think. You'd have to get Doc Ok to start grabbing your ball away (I think it's his second stage, it happened to me once but I wasn't paying attention) and start the Green Goblin mission at the same time so his bombs are in play and you can get Doc to grab one.

Is that how you do it. I thought you wanted to get the pumpkin in this hole. Sorry for the bad picture it was the only one I could find.

Edit: After reading what Vy says this trophy seems easier, its still will not be easy but I think it will be easier.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu352/robertizme/spiderman.png

Edited by Dangles

Is that how you do it. I thought you wanted to get the pumpkin in this hole. Sorry for the bad picture it was the only one I could find.

Edit: After reading what Vy says this trophy seems easier, its still will not be easy but I think it will be easier.

No, that hole won't work... if you try to get the bomb up there it explodes/disappears.

The trophy description specifically says it explodes in his tentacles:

You can get this Trophy when a pumpkin bomb ball explodes in one of Doctor Octopus' tentacles on Spider-Man table.

So I'm pretty sure he has to grab it when he's hovering over the table.

i've tried to get the smart move trophy so many time tonight. i can get him to pick them up no problem, but exploding? that's pretty much random. the big points on this one def come from the final stage. you can rack up millions and millions no problem. just have to make sure you do it all on one ball. and that controller filp tip is saving my ass vyrastas. thanks for that one.

ok i got this all but jamison i almost had clones

green goblin= easy

activate him by shooting goblin ramp

when he gives you pumpkin bomb there are two possible places to shoot it to kill him. the pumpkin light will either be in center hole which takes to to the left web ramp, or the goblin ramp. look to see which has the pumpkin light shoot ball there kills him.

doc ock = easy

two shots to his hideout between his legs activates him.

shoot any ramp except goblin ramp hurts him. he walks forward slowly over time. everytime you shoot a ramp he takes a step back. make him retreat back to starting spot beats him.

mysterio = medium easy

once activated you need three shots to defeat him

1. goblin ramp

2. doc ocks hide out hole

3. the right web ramp, access it behind mysterio's hideout

im still struggling with jj jameson. i can almost get clones if not for him.

where are the best places to access his orbit ? what flippers? where on the flipper? any landmark spot on the flipper to launch or hit from?

once jj is activated how many times do you need to ohit his orbit to win?

to activate him how many times do you need to hit his orbit?

you get jj with the upper left flipper (but not the one on the mini playfield). i used to get it pretty easy, but now, most of the time, i make the jump even when i don't mean too. you access him in a small orbit just above the jump. you just gotta find the sweet spot on the flipper. after that there is a point countdown starting at 1(or 500,000?) for the first stage. the ball will automatically drop to your left flipper. catch it and hit shoot it on the right orbit (just below the goblin ramp). then you win. you have to let the ball roll almost to the end of your left flipper and just fire it.

also, i would recomend getting to at least stage two or three on most of the missions before doing the clone chapter. the higher the stage on each activity the more points you will get for different ramps in the clone mission, and the way that thing dumps out points, you're going to want to take advantage of that as much as possible. i also recomend trying to get the extra ball each time as its quite easy to do on this table. keep playing guys!

No, that hole won't work... if you try to get the bomb up there it explodes/disappears.

The trophy description specifically says it explodes in his tentacles:

You can get this Trophy when a pumpkin bomb ball explodes in one of Doctor Octopus' tentacles on Spider-Man table.

So I'm pretty sure he has to grab it when he's hovering over the table.

almost had this. best way to do this is......

make sure you have done goblin stage 1 and doc ock.

make doc ock brake out of jail for stage to, then go for goblin stage 2.

to pumkins are flying about and to should active a spider reflex this will help giving you more of a chance to keep and eye on pumkins.

Try shoting pumkins for middle webslinging ramp his should pick one up (he did for me)

But problem is it didnt explode so iam guess you need to ever have your ball drop to end the goblin mission (which makes his pumkins atoumatically explode or get luck buy finish the golblin stage with 1 pumkin and get doc to hold the other.

feel free to add me psn Shiftz

I actually completed this table. I don't know, how did I completed mysterio. :)

to pumkins are flying about and to should active a spider reflex this will help giving you more of a chance to keep and eye on pumkins.

Try shoting pumkins for middle webslinging ramp his should pick one up (he did for me)

But problem is it didnt explode so iam guess you need to ever have your ball drop to end the goblin mission (which makes his pumkins atoumatically explode or get luck buy finish the golblin stage with 1 pumkin and get doc to hold the other.

I think, I'll try this.

I completed all Doc chapters and I locked 1 ball, but I blew it! :(

I had the same problem with Bboykomic. Doc took my pumpkin balls, but they didn't explode.

Btw, what would be the easiest way to hit the cender ramp? :think:

to hit the center ramp (the weblining one?) you can fire the ball of the top of your bottom left flipper. and hit it every time. and since the ramp gives it right back to you it makes it quite easy to beat doc ock. to be more specific I'd let the ball roll down onto the flipper so there is maybe the space of one ball between the beginning of flipper and where you should shoot the ball. hope that helps.

to hit the center ramp (the weblining one?) you can fire the ball of the top of your bottom left flipper. and hit it every time. and since the ramp gives it right back to you it makes it quite easy to beat doc ock. to be more specific I'd let the ball roll down onto the flipper so there is maybe the space of one ball between the beginning of flipper and where you should shoot the ball. hope that helps.

Thanks for your help, but I just got the clone chaos trophy. :D

I beated 8 Doc Ock stages!

Thank you! This is the only table, where I have all 3 trophies! :thumbsup:

So how did you get the Smart Move trophy? You just get lucky or did you get it set up right?

It was just luck. :eek:

How to do it: Complete the first Doc Ock stage and the first Goblin stage.

Start the Dock Ock stage 2 or 3 and Goblin stage 2 at the same time.

Goblin throws 2 pumpkin bombs at the same time. Keep all the 3 balls on play!

I hitted them randomly. Doc picked pumpkins and suddenly I got it!

I think, that I lost my real ball when he had one of the bombs in his tentacels.

The bombs will explode if you lose your ball and if you don't have ball save. Maybe this happened to me. :think:

Do you know, how to import trophy pictures into this site? This game has so many missing trophies. My and Hypno's PSN profile has few missing pictures.

Edited by Oskari14

Do you know, how to import trophy pictures into this site? This game has so many missing trophies. My and Hypno's PSN profile has few missing pictures.

Check here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/submit/40071-new-submitting-games-tiles-ps3t-guidelines-updated-12-14-2010-a.html

If you or Hypno can submit some of the missing ones, that would be awesome. You just have to use the links from your eu profile.