Iron Man table

Vyrastas

I was working on this one last night, and while none of the bronzes are super easy, they don't appear to be crazy hard like Mars. I was able to do half of Tony Stark's missions, as well as 2 of the 6 Whiplash/Mandarin missions, in a single game, within about 90 minutes of playing the table for the first time. All of them involve merely hitting ramps numerous times. For each Tony Stark one you just hit each ramp around 10-12 times it seems.

All in all, completing the table seems very doable, even for me, and is probably the easiest of the bunch to complete. The only thing that drives me nuts on this table are the drop targets in front of the ball lock hole. About 90% of the time hitting that redirects your ball right to the center lane.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on this one last night, and while none of the bronzes are super easy, they don't appear to be crazy hard like Mars. I was able to do half of Tony Stark's missions, as well as 2 of the 6 Whiplash/Mandarin missions, in a single game, within about 90 minutes of playing the table for the first time. All of them involve merely hitting ramps numerous times. For each Tony Stark one you just hit each ramp around 10-12 times it seems.

All in all, completing the table seems very doable, even for me, and is probably the easiest of the bunch to complete. The only thing that drives me nuts on this table are the drop targets in front of the ball lock hole. About 90% of the time hitting that redirects your ball right to the center lane.

Is it easier than SF2 ??

Is it easier than SF2 ??

I haven't actually played the SF2 table all that much so I can't say, but based on others' comments of it, it's probably around the same difficulty. Of course I haven't gotten to the final Ultimo mission, so who knows how hard that one is. But the other missions are merely ramp grinding.

I haven't actually played the SF2 table all that much so I can't say, but based on others' comments of it, it's probably around the same difficulty. Of course I haven't gotten to the final Ultimo mission, so who knows how hard that one is. But the other missions are merely ramp grinding.

So I may be able to complete it, but first I need to download this game.

When the playstation store (europe) get's that update??????????????

I hate this table. Do you think you have to complete all the tony stark and the other missions in one play or do you think you will get the trophies through multiple plays?

Welcome to pinball, Dangles... they have to all be done in the same game. :) Which is what will make these trophies just as hard as ZEN Pinball ones, since every table has a "complete the table" trophy.

Yeah, what I like to do is just play the table for a little while without checking the rules, just to get familiar with it. Then by the time I look at the rule sheet I usually understand what ramps and orbits they are talking about.

The tables will also have indicators that flash throughout missions and stuff, telling you where you should be shooting.

On this Iron Man table, you can see your progress on the Tony Stark missions by looking at the lights in front of each ramp. When you get the three main lights lit for a ramp, you'll have to hit it two more times to complete that mission and the mission name in the middle of the table will light up.

EDIT: I got so close to finishing all the Stark missions earlier today... all I had to do was hit that Party ramp twice and I just couldn't hit it... :mad:

Edited by Vyrastas

aww man i got all most all stark missions done then i always loose my ball fighting mandarin or whiplash

i actually got the ramps to both of them finished and started shootin the ball out of turrets that come up from underneith the floor. do i aim with these or just pull trigger the first couple of shots are usually off target under his legs, but as i put more balls in the turret the aim is on chest or head, still never beat them with turrets though. just wondering if i need to do something to aim or just keep putting balls in and shooting?

Three times yesterday I was one or two shots away from finishing all the Stark missions. This one is driving me nuts! I know I can do it but I always lose my ball some stupid way.

The drop targets in front of the ball lock drive me crazy. I hate the angle the ball ricochets from there.

For that one Whiplash & Mandarin mission where you have to fight both... I don't know how exactly you're supposed to hit Whiplash either. I shoot at him with the cannon right on the target but he always whips the ball.

i agree vyrastas, those ball lock drop targets give me a lot of trouble. i just try to avoid them unless i have a ball save. also, for whiplash and mandarine, it is a bitch, but i've figured out the trick to hitting him. basically you'll see the target circle on him. you have to line up the horizontal line from you cannon pretty much in the center of the target. so when you pull the trigger all you should see is the upper half semi-circle of the target. hope that helps. it's not easy, and it's annoying, but its possible.

So after failing the Tony Stark missions with one shot left yet again this morning, I tried one more time and finally got the trophy!! :dance: I found the best way to hit the Tower ramp is to hit straight up from the butt of the left flipper, from a caught position. Same with the Party ramp - straight up from the butt of the right flipper.

I ended up with all the Stark missions done and half of the Whiplash/Mandarin fights completed.

The Vortex Beam fight with the multiball is a pain because you can't hit the left orbit if your left flipper is up (i.e. to hold onto a ball) and you have to pay attention enough to the orbits to be able to hit that Science orbit as well.

The middle fight on the right (on the table list, can't remember what it's called) is tough too because you have to hit the bumpers up in the orbit and I tend to always hit it too hard and it just bypasses them.

What I find a bit annoying is that some fights are timed and some are indefinite. This is a pain when trying for the Stark missions because for the indefinite ones you have to either complete the fight or lose the ball to continue on normally. Thankfully those ones aren't too hard, but it's distracting.

Also, anyone know if fights can be selected somehow? They appear to just be selected randomly from what I can tell.

i agree vyrastas, those ball lock drop targets give me a lot of trouble. i just try to avoid them unless i have a ball save. also, for whiplash and mandarine, it is a bitch, but i've figured out the trick to hitting him. basically you'll see the target circle on him. you have to line up the horizontal line from you cannon pretty much in the center of the target. so when you pull the trigger all you should see is the upper half semi-circle of the target. hope that helps. it's not easy, and it's annoying, but its possible.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that the next time I get to that fight.

Edited by Vyrastas

Got target SHEILD Target practice tropy man its wierd. once you hit the far left and right ramp 6 times (individually) shot up the tower ramp (i belive) the you have to cannon faring pinballs at targets.

BUT BE WARNED

I think you have a certain amount of balls to shot but no time limit luckly i did it anyways but i didnt see a time limit so take your time and aim true guys.

Also after i did it it said "Super Jackpot" didnt really calculate how much i got from doing this as i didnt wanna take my eyes of the table but said like it should give you a fair few points :dance:

how do you get ultimo to come out?

did 5 out of 6 stark missions and lost my ball. D'OH!

8 or 9 times each ramp / orbit is way too many not to mention if its blinking and you don''t make it solid it restarts and you lose 1 shot you made

so i beat both mandarin and whiplash each at least once

im gussing the trophy means complete all iron man missions

I feel your pain on the Tony Stark ones, Discoking... like I said I failed it some 4 times with a single shot left. For Ultimo, the question is whether you have to complete all of the Stark and the Whiplash/Mandarin missions, or just the Whiplash/Mandarin ones. :think: I guess we'll find out when someone completes the Whiplash/Mandarin ones.

You can get a trophycard like mine here: http://www.yourgamercards.net/generators/trophy

Could someone confirm how many rounds or stages you have to complete for the Invincible Iron Man trophy. And what exactly is required to get Starks missions in order to get Tony Stark Living Legend, this is easily my least favourite table as the ramps are a pain in the butt and i cant seem to work out what the hell to do on this table.

Could someone confirm how many rounds or stages you have to complete for the Invincible Iron Man trophy. And what exactly is required to get Starks missions in order to get Tony Stark Living Legend, this is easily my least favourite table as the ramps are a pain in the butt and i cant seem to work out what the hell to do on this table.

To get the Invincible Iron Man trophy, you have to complete all Mandarin and Whiplash missions in a single game! :eek:

Tony Stark trophy is easier;

1. Hit right and left orbit 6 times. (I'm not sure, do you have to lock a ball)

The S.H.I.E.L.D. target practice minigame will start. Complete it to light S.H.I.E.L.D. target practice.

2. Hit Stark tower ramp 7-8 times to light Stark tower.

3. Hit Party ramp 7-8 times to light Party.

4. Hit Stock Market ramp 7-8 times to light Stock Market.

5. Hit both lock targets and lock your ball. Repeat this 2 more times to get S.H.I.E.L.D. Multiball. (You don't have to complete it)

6. Use your upper left flipper, to shoot science ramp 7-8 times to light Science award.

Always try to activate the kickbacks. The outlanes are huge! Spell THR to activate the left kickback and UST to activate the right kickback.

Hope I helped.

yeah! finally got stark missions done

then when on and beat mandarin vortex

then beat whiplash

then opened up 3rd iron man mission

then lost my ball :(

oh well can't get too greedy at least i got trophy

i have finished all mandarin and whiplash missions in different games now i'll only shoot to activate iron man no longer needing stark stuff and hopefully i can do them all in one game

by far fire one is toughest because of time limit

i seriously hope ultimo is not both stark and iron man missions that would be killer and damn neer impossible

any way to get more than 3 balls?

yeah! finally got stark missions done

then when on and beat mandarin vortex

then beat whiplash

then opened up 3rd iron man mission

then lost my ball :(

oh well can't get too greedy at least i got trophy

i have finished all mandarin and whiplash missions in different games now i'll only shoot to activate iron man no longer needing stark stuff and hopefully i can do them all in one game

by far fire one is toughest because of time limit

i seriously hope ultimo is not both stark and iron man missions that would be killer and damn neer impossible

any way to get more than 3 balls?

Goncrats. Extra balls on this table is impossible to get. First you have to get 10X Multiplier. Next, you have to do something. I don't know what. Maybe you have to shoot the ball into the mission hole. :think:

To get the Invincible Iron Man trophy, you have to complete all Mandarin and Whiplash missions in a single game! :eek:

Tony Stark trophy is easier;

1. Hit right and left orbit 6 times. (I'm not sure, do you have to lock a ball)

The S.H.I.E.L.D. target practice minigame will start. Complete it to light S.H.I.E.L.D. target practice.

2. Hit Stark tower ramp 7-8 times to light Stark tower.

3. Hit Party ramp 7-8 times to light Party.

4. Hit Stock Market ramp 7-8 times to light Stock Market.

5. Hit both lock targets and lock your ball. Repeat this 2 more times to get S.H.I.E.L.D. Multiball. (You don't have to complete it)

6. Use your upper left flipper, to shoot science ramp 7-8 times to light Science award.

Always try to activate the kickbacks. The outlanes are huge! Spell THR to activate the left kickback and UST to activate the right kickback.

Hope I helped.

Corrections on this...

For Shield Target Practice, after you've hit each orbit 6 times, you have to hit the Tower ramp to get up to the Target Practice playing field. You don't have to lock a ball for this one.

For the others, you have to hit them 8 times. If you hit them an odd number of times and the next level light is blinking and you lose the ball, you lose that hit and have to do it again.

Also, ball save will activate if you hit the 4 spots between each ramp... but like most ball saves it's really not worth it.

Edited by Vyrastas

Corrections on this...

For Shield Target Practice, after you've hit each orbit 6 times, you have to hit the Tower ramp to get up to the Target Practice playing field. You don't have to lock a ball for this one.

For the others, you have to hit them 8 times. If you hit them an odd number of times and the next level light is blinking and you lose the ball, you lose that hit and have to do it again.

Also, ball save will activate if you hit the 4 spots between each ramp... but like most ball saves it's really not worth it.

I meant that you have to lock a ball somewhere in the table. DO'H it was 8 times per ramp!

E: My 100th post! :o

Edited by Oskari14