zen pinball 2/marvel pinball trophy list ??

tonydj333

I was wondering if i download zen pinball 2 and purchase the marvel pinball: original pack, would i still be able to have a separate trophy list for marvel pinball? Will i be able to start just the marvel pinball game and be able to play the 4 tables that come with the pack without having to play zen pinball 2? Just wanted to make sure i will have the marvel pinball trophy list on my trophy collection.

To that end, I purchased the Avengers pack inside Zen 2 but I can't seem to figure out how to unlock it in Marvel Pinball without purchasing the whole pack a second time. Am I SOL here? Should I have purchased it first in Marvel and then imported into Zen 2?

Anybody else had this problem or know of a solution?

Wait, so I have to buy it twice?

Does that strike anybody else as a little, I don't know, not cool?

Yes, if you buy it in ZP2 first, you have to buy it again in MP.

And no, I don't see it as not cool. The intent behind the ZP2 import feature is to not screw over people who already bought tables in ZP and MP over the last few years (like me, who bought them all). They didn't do it to give us two trophy lists (or three, if you have Vita) for the price of one. That's just a nice by-product of the process.

If you really want multiple trophy lists for a single purchase, you need to buy the existing tables in ZP/MP first.

I understand what you're trying to say, but for someone new to both Marvel (apparently PS Plus downloaded it for me months ago without my being aware of it) AND Zen 2, I can't say I agree with your standpoint.

The fact is, I paid $10 for the add on in Zen 2, the same amount you paid in Marvel, however long ago it was you paid it. In trying to not "screw over" longtime players that's exactly what they HAVE done to newcomers.

As for the trophy lists, those are tertiary to my enjoyment of the game (though the allure of different trophies between the two games is enticing). The game is a blast no matter what, and at this point I DO have the Avengers pack like I wanted, but I prefer the Marvel UI for the Marvel tables and the Zen 2 UI for the Zen tables. Perhaps a future update will allow for that backwards compatibility between the two games. At least I hope so.

Given that they've already removed the original Zen Pinball and all its DLC from the PSN store, then my guess is at some point soon they are going to remove Marvel Pinball from the store and you'll use ZP2 for everything going forward. All DLC will only be released from ZP2. Since it's clear that they intend to stop supporting the old versions, then it doesn't make sense for them to create some import feature on MP when it may not be around much longer. The import feature is merely there to make the transition to ZP2 for existing players easier and not force them to buy all the tables again.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, if you buy it in ZP2 first, you have to buy it again in MP.

And no, I don't see it as not cool. The intent behind the ZP2 import feature is to not screw over people who already bought tables in ZP and MP over the last few years (like me, who bought them all). They didn't do it to give us two trophy lists (or three, if you have Vita) for the price of one. That's just a nice by-product of the process.

It's not really a ZP2 import feature. It's a PSN feature. If you buy the Marvel tables, you can go to the PSN store and download the Marvel ZP2 tables without ever launching (or even downloading) ZP2 the game. The "import" feature is just a shell around the PSN store. They just told Sony to let people have the ZP2 tables for free if they already have the Marvel tables. So, while they don't need to create an equivalent shell in the Marvel Pinball game, I do think it would be a good customer service gesture for Zen to offer the same reciprocity via the PSN store for people buying the tables in ZP2.

But then again, I also think it would be nice for them to still sell ZP1 on the store, since I'm still trying to get my hands on a US version of it. (I only was able to get a UK copy which doesn't work with the US DLC I have) :(

If you really want multiple trophy lists for a single purchase, you need to buy the existing tables in ZP/MP first.

And people are supposed to know that how? It doesn't really say that anywhere. This issue doesn't affect me since I had the tables already (well, with the exception of the ZP1 classic tables), but if Zen wants to attract new players, I don't think it helps to make those users feel like they are getting a raw deal by having to spend more money because they bought things in the wrong order. Having new customers feel like they are getting screwed is rarely good for business.