New addon table: MARS

steviej

Los Angeles, Calif. – July 20, 2010 — ZEN Studios, the definitive leader in pinball videogames, announced today that MARS, the latest expansion table for ZEN Pinball, is coming soon exclusively to PlayStation ® Network. Players will get to experience the space-age tactics of MARS with the fast-paced action, cutting-edge visuals and true-to-life ball physics that ZEN Pinball is famous for.

ZEN’s MARS table will take you into space to experience and explore life on the red planet, and it is your job as mission commander to lead the effort in unlocking the planet’s secrets. This table will offer everything you would expect from a ZEN Pinball table, with several different game modes, ball slicing effects, electrically charged ramps and, of course, different combos for ultimate pinball play.

ZEN Pinball MARS Table Features:

•Dock the space ship and activate the magnetic crane to collect space samples

•Land with the space spider to analyze the ancient Martian symbols

•Call in the satellite to scan distant galaxies, calibrate its solar collector and activate its electromagnetic fields to lock three balls

•Restore the Mysterious Pyramid, then deactivate its defense system

•Spell out MARS to activate the secret portal of lights

•Repair the artificial gravity reactor to stabilize gravity on MARS

Developed by ZEN Studios, the MARS table joins Earth Defense, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Street Fighter as the fourth PSN expansion table for ZEN Pinball with several more slated for release in the coming months.

For the latest news and information on ZEN Pinball, please visit the official website at ZenPinball.

ZEN Pinball: MARS is rated “E” for everyone by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB).

Comes from the Zen Pinball website.

Looking forward to this very much, as always :)

Edited by steviej

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why looking forward to it, it's on psn. You better get it soon, I need professional instructions on a challenge :p

Oh it's on already :rolleyes: Completely missed it :) Guess I'll know what to do tonight

More tables! Holy Christ.

Also, wouldn't this be the 5th add-on table? They are missing Excalibur from that list.

Yea, must be a typo. This game has more DLC than original content now :s.

Edited by steviej

Hmm, I don't know. When I asked about a release date on Zen's official board, they said it was available next week. Then somebody mentioned it was already available and indeed it was. Then they said it wasn't meant to be released that early.

Maybe it really was just accidentally released in europe. Sorry if I raised false hopes.

If you find a good method to complete the final pyramid mission (multiball), let me know. Aiming for the drop targets on the left seems impossible, even without the multiball.

I hope you're talking about the Explorer trophy and not the final mission for the silver trophy! :eek: Either way, I haven't gotten that far, only played it an hour.

I got Skilled Pilot and New Galaxy pretty easily... you just have to complete the first part of the Spaceship and Satellite missions, respectively.

For the Spaceship one, when you're doing the samples, apparently you can enable it again and it keeps track of your previous progress, because I did 3 samples, but ran out of time. I hit the left ramp immediately again to re-enable and after two more samples I got the trophy.

The Satellite one is simple... just shoot the lit ramps after hitting the Satellite hole. I didn't see a timer for it.

Yep, I'm talking about the Explorer trophy. The other two are indeed very easy, even starting the pyramid mission is harder, because it requires at least 4 coil shots and several orbits. Still very doable once you get the hang of it and once the mission is unlocked, you can try it over and over again by simply hitting the sink hole again. Still I can try 50 times in a row, I just can't complete the mission. I got 5 silvers already and this is nothing like them...

Just thinking that the silver for this one will require me to do this again makes me sick.

I see what you guys are talking about, now that I've tried to do the Pyramid mission. I'm having trouble just getting it started, that Pyramid ramp is very tough to hit. I only got it Level 1.

As for the left-side drop targets (that spell MARS), I've been inadvertently hitting them by ricocheting off the front of the Spaceship ramp, but no particular direct shot.

The only mission I've been able to fully complete so far is the Refuel one.

Is there a way to reset the timer for the "special event," kinda like you can reset the Invasion on Earth Defense? The event shuts off access to the missions and I find it annoying.

Edited by Vyrastas

I dont think u can reset the timer , i catch the ball and wait till time runs out.Dont want to risk.

Yeah I started doing the same thing... it's very annoying but oh well, at least you get a break.

I got to the final part of Pyramid... and you're right, that is a bitch. I can hit all the ramps fine, but cannot get all the drop targets before multiball ends. I tried it like 20 times. I can't even get all 4 on the left, let alone the ones on the right. I was trying to catch all the balls and then hit them against each other in hopes that they would shoot off to the sides and hit the targets, but no luck. This mission is seriously hard.

If you're going for the silver, might as well make Pyramid your first mission, because if you can't get past it there's no point in spending time on the others first. The Space Station one is pretty hard too, since you have to do some quick combos in a short time limit... and you have to do it four separate times to just even get to the final part of that mission.

Oh, and I activated the teleportation mode at some point... can't remember how I did it, but it was pretty trippy.

Edited by Vyrastas

I think teleportation mode starts when u hit MARS letters. Second hard for me is SUNSTORM mission , cant finish it but its much easier as PIRAMID. I agree with You , when going for silver must start with PIRAMID mission.

One thing is good , i think that its pretty easy to keep the ball on the table.

Ps. I think for silver You must do only four missions , with the names written in the middle of the table.

Yeah, the ball drains a lot less on this table, I've been able to get some long games going without even focusing on kickbacks or ballsave. Though the ball seems to come down the inlanes faster than normal, as it constantly jumps to the other flipper if you try to catch it.

For the silver the description says to complete the final mission, and the rule sheet says there's another one after the four main ones are complete. Of course, it doesn't matter at this point if no one can even get by the Pyramid mission.

Theres a guy who completed the table. So theres somebody who did this.

I talked to him , and he says its just a pure luck to complete this mission.

I just wonderwhy that game dont have a single gold trophy , hope its not a problem from SONY.

Wow I just went through all the comments. Is it really that hard? Next week, I'm back in the game...

As for the trophies, they are released per DLC. I'd say, 3(B) and a (S) is pretty generous for a 1,5€ DLC. This is just Sony's rule: X trophy-points, for Y content.

Wow I just went through all the comments. Is it really that hard? Next week, I'm back in the game...

I'll be curious to hear your impressions. I'm not one to put a trophy down to luck, but the end of the Pyramid mission may just come down to it. There's really no good way to hit the drop targets from the flippers.

I just had (one of) the most frustrating experiences on this table.

I activated the Pyramid mission (the level 3). Ok, I'm juggling 2 balls around, got all the ramps (didn't even realize that!) while going for the targets and then I hit 4 out of 6 targets.

Only 1 remained on each side. So I juggle them some more and what you know? I got the one on the right side!

So it's just me and "A" from MARS. Juggle, juggle, juggle,... no result!

After that, I got a lucky ricochet that lit up the "A". Yeeeeeeeey!!

And just as I was about to catch both balls on one flipper, the 2nd ball comes all "fast and furious" out of nowhere and pushes my 1st ball just hard enough for it to drop from the flipper.

Well, what do you know?? Upsy Daisy!! Here we go ALL OVER again... :(

Edited by Viarco

This pyramid mission is either completely bugged or I don't understand what's happening on the table. So you have to hit any ramp six times or each ramp six times? The lighting on the table seem to suggest that you can just hit the same left ramp over and over six time, then all ramp lights go off and there's absolutely nothing happening afterward. Waiting for the drop targets I guess or is it somehow expiring before you drain all but one ball?

This just gives me a headache... :(

I don't fully understand the ramp part but I guess you have to hit a total of 6 ramps/orbits. It doesn't matter which ones you go through nor if you do the same ramp twice as long as you hit a total of 6 ramps.

Appart from that, to proceed to the next phase of the mission, you must hit all the six targets on the table. That includes the ones that spell MARS (4) on the left side of the table and the ones under the top flipper (2) on the right side.

And, after all that, you still need to lock your balls (what!? :D) on the Pyramid. I don't know how to do this since I imediately drained one ball the only time I got this far :(