Transformers: ROTF Maps & Characters DLC - Trophy Guide

If you enjoy my guide, and would like to

join as a member of the ps3trophies.org family as a result, feel free to give me a referral upon signing-up!

The servers have now closed, thus the online trophies and therefore the 100% are now unobtainable.

Overview

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4/10
  • Breakdown: 10 ( 7 (B) / 3 (S) )
    • Offline: 2 ( 2 (S) )
    • Online: 8 ( 7 (B) / 1 (S) ) - Unobtainable

[*]Approximate time to 100%: 12+ hours

[*]Minimum Playthroughs required: 2 campaigns (1 Autobot, 1 Decepticon), several online matches

[*]Missable Trophies: None (Can replay any mission anytime)

[*]Glitched Trophies: None

[*]Do Cheats Disable Trophies?: No cheats available

[*]Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, The Autobot Run, Megatron's Master Plan

[*]Price of Downloadable Content: $9.99

Introduction:

The Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Maps & Characters pack contains eight brand-new characters, including many G1 fan favorites and three new character skins. A new expert campaign difficulty has also been added for players wanting an additional challenge. Trophy difficulty here is mainly going to focus on two things. First, expert difficulty. If you played through the entire campaigns before, you are likely to have an easier time here knowing all the maps and bosses to get through the campaign. You'll be focusing on earning all the upgrades you can get rather than working toward platinum medals like you had to do in the core game. The second part is you are likely going to have to rely on a trusting boosting partner to earn the online trophies. As the online community is practically non-existent now. See the boosting thread to locate a partner with this DLC for an easier time with those trophies.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Playthrough the Autobot and Decepticon campaigns on Expert Difficulty

Your main focus here is replay both campaigns with a new expert mode save. Go through all the main path missions and if necessary any side missions along with getting all possible upgrades to work towards a 75% completion rating. At the end of this step you should unlock the following trophies:

(S) The Autobot Run

(S) Megatron's Master Plan

Step 2: Online Trophies - Unobtainable

You will need a boosting partner as the online community is non-existent. All of the online trophies can be boosted in ranked matches with just one partner. As you can use the in-game invite system for a seamless boosting session. Follow the trophy guide for the specific versus matches you will need to setup in your session to unlock the following trophies:

(B) Quest for Survival

(B) The Ultimate Weapon

(B) Prime Target

(B) Jazz Hands

(B) Soundwave Superior

(B) Sideswiped

(B) Everyone has a Weakness

(S) Carnage in C-Minor

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices and removed the Indenting.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/43.jpgThe Autobot Run (S)

Complete the Autobot campaign on expert with a 75% completion.

You will have to start-up a new Autobot campaign and select the expert difficulty for this trophy. Be advised you might want to backup your current normal campaign save if you still want to keep that progress from getting lost. If you got through the normal difficulty campaign, you likely won't have a problem here as you'll know all the mission objectives and enemy placements. Completion percentage is not only based on completing missions in the campaign but also on several additional factors:

• Unlockables
  • Upgrades
  • Medals

It is recommended that you focus and acquire all upgrades and obtain all unlockables while going through the campaign to completion, not only to make yourself stronger and the missions easier. That way you don't have to make-up so much in percentage by working toward higher levels of medals, which can be more difficult. The total upgrade cost is the same as in normal difficulty at 2,445,000 energons for all upgrades. With this in mind, you should get close to 75% with a silver medal average across all the main missions. You can also always replay missions for better medals to increase your completion percentage. I would recommend using Iron Hide as much as possible for this campaign run for the best balance of damage and HP regeneration.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/44.jpgMegatron's Master Plan (S)

Complete the Decepticon campaign on expert with a 75% completion.

You will have to start-up a new Deception campaign and select the expert difficulty for this trophy. Be advised you might want to backup your current normal campaign save if you still want to keep that progress from getting lost. If you got through the normal difficulty campaign, you likely won't have a problem here as you'll know all the mission objectives and enemy placements. Completion percentage is not only based on completing missions in campaign but also on several additional factors:

• Unlockables
  • Upgrades
  • Medals

It is recommended that you focus and acquire all upgrades and obtain all unlockables while going through the campaign to completion, not only to make yourself stronger and the missions easier. That way you don't have to make-up so much in percentage by working toward higher levels of medals, which can be more difficult. The total upgrade cost is the same as in normal difficulty at 2,445,000 energons for all upgrades. With this in mind, you should get close to 75% with a silver medal average across all the main missions. If you still need to improve your percentage, you can always replay missions for better medals. I would recommend using Long Haul as much as possible in this campaign run for the best balance of damage and HP regeneration.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/45.jpgQuest for Survival (B)

Win a match on ANY game mode on each new map

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

You will need to win an online match in any mode in each of the following new maps included in this DLC:

• Courtyard
  • Hillside
  • Sandstorm

The fastest method for wins is to play Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. You can also work on the multiple versus trophies during your runs for this to save some time. If you need assistance, see the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/46.jpgThe Ultimate Weapon (B)

Defeat G1 Megatron using G1 Optimius (MP only)

In an online match, you will need to select G1 Optimius and your opponent will need to choose G1 Megatron to qualify for this. You just need to win a match, on any mode for this trophy. The fastest way to win online is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round and with a one-minute time limit. To locate a boosting partner, see the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/47.jpgPrime Target (B)

Defeat G1 Optimus using G1 Megatron (MP only)

In an online match, you will need to select G1 Megatron and your opponent will need to choose G1 Optimus to qualify for this. You just need to win the match, on any mode. The fastest way to win online is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. To locate a boosting partner, see the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/47.jpgJazz Hands (B)

Defeat Megatron with Jazz using melee (MP only)

In an online match, you will need to select Jazz and your opponent will need to choose Megatron for this trophy. You will need to defeat and finish Megatron with a melee attack using the :square: button for this trophy to unlock. You can use any online mode for this, as long as you physically defeat Megatron via melee. For an easier time, see the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/49.jpgSoundwave Superior (B)

Soundwave defeats Long Haul (MP Only)

In an online match, you will need to specially select Soundwave and your opponent will need to choose Long Haul to qualify for this. All you need to do is win the match for this trophy to unlock. The fastest way to win online is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. See the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/50.jpgSideswiped (B)

Sideswipe defeats Sideways (MP Only)

In an online match, you will need to specially select Sideswipe and your opponent will need to choose Sideways. All you have to do is win the match for this trophy to unlock. The fastest way to win online is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. See the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/50.jpgEveryone has a weakness (B)

Defeat G1 Megatron with G1 Starscream (MP Only)

In an online match, you will need to select G1 Starscream and your opponent will need to choose G1 Megatron. All you have to do is win the match. The fastest way to win online is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. See the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/160/48.jpg Carnage in C-Minor (S)(H)

Win a match as each new character

This online multiplayer trophy will require you to win using each Autobot and Deception Transformer that is included in the DLC pack. It is possible you can change bots mid-match, but you'll want to start and finish each match with the same character you selected for each one to count towards the trophy. The list of characters that you will need to win a single match with is as follows:

• G1 Optimus Prime
  • G1 Megatron
  • G1 Starscream
  • G1 Sunstorm
  • G1 Sideswipe
  • G1 Ratchet
  • Stealth Bumblebee
  • Soundwave
  • Sideswipe
  • Jazz
  • Jetfire

This trophy will unlock upon winning the match with the last character left on the list. The fastest way to win is to setup Control Points matches with the setting on one-round, and with a one-minute time limit. As the online mode for this game is practically non-existent, and for an easier time with this, see the boosting thread to locate a boosting partner with the DLC.

Edited by Terminator
Added server closure notices.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's an old(ish) guide but just wanted to add a few things.

1) In the Everyone has a weakness description you have the same info given in Sideswiped.

2) For Carnage in C-Minor (at least in mine and gharvs666 case) we won with all characters posted but no trophy. However if you also win as

G1 Colors Sideswipe, Stealth Bumblebee and G1 Colors Rachet it pops.

Other than that, brill guide. Very useful.

I know it's an old(ish) guide but just wanted to add a few things.

1) In the Everyone has a weakness description you have the same info given in Sideswiped.

2) For Carnage in C-Minor (at least in mine and gharvs666 case) we won with all characters posted but no trophy. However if you also win as

G1 Colors Sideswipe, Stealth Bumblebee and G1 Colors Rachet it pops.

Other than that, brill guide. Very useful.

Excellent. Funny enough I actually did have those G1s on my list. I'll get those updates in. Glad to hear it was useful and thanks for the confirmation! I ran through these trophies a long time ago. Thanks again! :)

• 5 months later...
Anyone know if I can tackle the online portion of this game first? Is anything from the new expert campaign unlocked and required for the online trophies?

You can tackle the online stuff immediately, just like with the core game. Expert mode becomes available from the get-go once you install the DLC and starting it is not required for online.

Edited by technole

• 2 months later...

You don't need to win the match for any of the kill "*" with "*" trophies. You just need to get the kill asked for. I jumped into a 20 min TDM, chose G1 Megatron, fired his cannon (killing a G1 Optimus) and the trophy popped within 20 seconds of my joining the match. If boosting, you can easily get all the mentioned trophies in one match. Just ensure every required character is being represented in that game.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the guide, the list for Carnage in C-Minor came in useful.

EDIT: You might want to mention the DLC is no longer purchasable in NA (not sure why, but it's gone).

I purchased, downloaded and completed all the MP trophies for the DLC pack today. So, it was either always available, or available again now. It may have been down briefly for licensing renewal?

With the new store layout finding anything is hard :cool:

I should note I only have access to the Canadian NA store. I can't confirm it is in the US store, but there are very few instances where the material isn't available across all NA regions.

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased, downloaded and completed all the MP trophies for the DLC pack today. So, it was either always available, or available again now. It may have been down briefly for licensing renewal?

With the new store layout finding anything is hard :cool:

I should note I only have access to the Canadian NA store. I can't confirm it is in the US store, but there are very few instances where the material isn't available across all NA regions.

I know Activision shut down the Luxoflux studio a few years ago so that might have been it. I did verify today that the DLC is still in the US store.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...