Breaking a horse

unsportsman

I have read in great detail all the forums on getting from the horse to the train in the last level, however nobody mentioned how hard it is to get on the damned horse!! I have tried for over an hour, through multiple checkpoint restarts to lasso and get on the horse. No trouble to lasso the horse... I can do that first try (and I've had to do it dozens and dozens of times) ... But I can't stay on the horse for more than 1 second before it throws me. I've trying being gentle and hard on balancing via the left stick .. All to no avail. I'm not even playing on hard mode.

Am I just totally uncoordinated or am I missing out on something? If I ever survive the first second, how long do I have to balance before the horse gives up?

I kind of enjoy the game, but those who speak about this as an easy 3 hour platinum game must be gaming wizards!!

Can anyone help me with this... Or is this the end of the line for me and this game?

• 3 weeks later...

Just keep the horse centered looking into the camera; in other words, keep him facing directly at you (the player). If you do this for 4-5 seconds it should be enough.

It's not like Red Dead where you have to keep the rider centered in the saddle, just keep the horse centered in the frame.

• 4 months later...
Helps if you played red dead ... knew what to do right off first try :p

Well i don't see how playing RDR would help... if anything it hurt me because i tried breaking the horse just like in RDR and i got bucked right off.

In both the horse breaking & train parts you have to keep the camara centered... took me about 20 tries on the train part to finally figure that out :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

The train part of this drove me crazy.

It's all in the :r2: button and keeping the correct speed with the train WHILE you balance like you did while breaking the horse at the top of the hill.

If I had seen this post it would have saved me some frustration.

• 4 weeks later...

ive just slamed my controller in a rage at this horse section. tried it 20-30 times and each time i got madder and madder, i dont know how to centre the camara as the camara does not move for me. just the laft stick and i come off everytime within 2 seconds. went crazy, now i need a new controller tomorrow morning now at £40 english pounds.

• 4 weeks later...

After a few tries, holding R2 halfway, while trying to keep the man in the center of the screen is what worked. I didnt look at the horse, the tracks, the sky or any of that. However, i held the R2 button in that same position through out the whole time.

(One thing noticed is that when balancing, you will be pressing to the left more often than the right.) Oh yeah, and make sure that train door is actually open when it prompts you to press "X". I actually made the mistake of jumping too soon and he kept falling off the train.....ouch! :D