Hopping onto the train at the end of the game?

BBoy2020

Okay, how am I messing this up? I have R2 held down steadily to keep the horse at the position, I have Bear balanced perfectly, but everytime I press X when the door is open, WHOOPS, BEAR GRYLLS HAS FALLEN OFF THE HORSE. This is easily becoming one of the most annoying "beat the game" objectives I've ever had to play through, especially since Bear hopping onto the train from a horse should just be a cutscene and not actual gameplay anyway.

You just can't press :cross: after you got bear standing up. You have to balance him for 3 seconds than an icon will appear to press the button. Took me 45 minutes to complete that challenge. If you still have problems, this help me out (but not the rubber band method).

For the last horse part, heres what finally worked for me.

Had a rubber band on the R2 button at about slightly more then half pressure or so.

Now instead of trying to balance him left or right on the horse, hold the Left stick stright up instead.

jump :cross:when the door is open.

That wasn't my problem though. The problem was I was keeping him balanced, and kept the horse in the same sweet spot when the X prompt was on the screen, yet when I press X (mind you not letting go of the left analog stick to balance him or taking my finger off of R2), all he did was fall off like I lost balance. I only managed to get the cutscene where he actually attempts to get on the train once (and I failed obviously because I wasn't expecting it).

Now do you mean hold the analog stick straight up AFTER I've balanced him on top of the horse or any time the balancing prompt comes up? Because anytime I hold the analog stick before he's on top, he just falls off.

Edited by BBoy2020

Now do you mean hold the analog stick straight up AFTER I've balanced him on top of the horse or any time the balancing prompt comes up? Because anytime I hold the analog stick before he's on top, he just falls off.

During the balancing part, I slightly move to the left & than keep the analog stick straight up. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know you are probably done with this, but I'm sure other people may be having trouble. I kept falling off as well but read somewhere to not look at the horse or Bear, just concentrate on the train and either skyline or ground. Make sure these are in balance. After trying this method I got it in my second attempt.

• 3 weeks later...

FOUND BEST technique, got it within 2 times each time....when you get to the train, pushed R2 half way in, while pushing the left analog stick straight up, watch the screen view, once you see the screen shift slighty, then move the analog to the left slightly, shortly after the player will stand up and wont fall, then simpy press x when door is open while holding those buttons in.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
this bit is driving me crazy, i fall off the horse almost immediatly on every attempt, gonna try some of the methods posted hear and hope for the best lol

This is not working for me. I've tried for 30 minutes so far and have not even got to the X part.

Edit: This is BS.

Edited by kfree7

• 11 months later...