Rate the trophy difficulty...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.14

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see a cheap game without glitches aside from maybe the animal selection ones, but they can be fixed by finding other animals.

5-8 hours I would say, 2/10 at the most.

There are tons of glitches. I've encountered not being able to pick up materials, Bear just standing on top of water and glitching, animals fighting me and my character disappearing. Not only is the game boring, it's fundamentally fucked too. It's like a 3 hour game, how can a company fuck up a 3 hour game?

EDIT: Well it took me about 15 hours to platinum this piece of shit 4 hour game. Born survivor glitched on me so i just say here and played hoping it would unlock. Played through the game fully then started my second playthrough of the night (6th overall) and it popped on the 2nd level.

This game sucks stay away from it. I give it a 2 for difficulty because there are a couple parts that are frustrating but it's still very easy. I didn't like the game, should've been a psn game but either way, there ya go. If you buy it, you've been formally warned of how shitty it is. Also the trophy images are lame too lol. Now onto Portal 2 and Crysis 2, real games.

Edited by mattybell2117

There are tons of glitches. I've encountered not being able to pick up materials, Bear just standing on top of water and glitching, animals fighting me and my character disappearing. Not only is the game boring, it's fundamentally fucked too. It's like a 3 hour game, how can a company fuck up a 3 hour game?

EDIT: Well it took me about 15 hours to platinum this piece of shit 4 hour game. Born survivor glitched on me so i just say here and played hoping it would unlock. Played through the game fully then started my second playthrough of the night (6th overall) and it popped on the 2nd level.

This game sucks stay away from it. I give it a 2 for difficulty because there are a couple parts that are frustrating but it's still very easy. I didn't like the game, should've been a psn game but either way, there ya go. If you buy it, you've been formally warned of how shitty it is. Also the trophy images are lame too lol. Now onto Portal 2 and Crysis 2, real games.

Did you ever delete your save data then replay it ona new save?

Or did you just keep playing on the same save?

I'm giving it a 3, you have to take care not to pass out in any of the levels, which isn't that hard. Take note of the submerged gators and sharks, they will make you pass out if you get too close.

The game has collectibles, follow the videos and the sister site guide (xbox360achievements.org) to get them all.

I also had to replay levels to cap out my exp to get the bear grylls trophy.

Also the last level horse riding and crossing the icebergs is crappy, I started cursing at the horse riding/train segment, heh.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 2 in my book but I have no idea how people finished it in 5 hours. Took me 15. But I didn't use a video guide (the ones here are not helpful since they backtrack all over the place) and I found most collectables on my own. With a collectable guide and focusing on not passing out, I can see 6 or 7 hours. But I got it done and there was nothing hard about it once you get the mechanics down.

I gave it a 3...

The last episode pretty much gave this a 3 instead of a 2. The last part with the horse is completely annoying. Besides that there isn't too much that's incredibly difficult. The game play itself makes this a horrible experience. Some parts of the game I enjoyed but as a whole... this game is a pretty much "movie\tv based" game that has no redeeming value. Gamefly is your best option. If not... Wait till it drops to $9.99 in a year or two because ultimately that's the price mark it should be sold at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i gave it a 2, i was glitched on born survivor, took 3 pt's on 3 fresh saves, but the game is very easy if you dont glitch its easily a 2 hr plat knowing wtf ur doing, bottom line is these devs should be shot in the head for releasing a game like this on the ps3, i only say that after playing it, if you dunno first hand how the game play is STAY AWAY FROM IT! I personally have played and plat some really shit games, but this is by far worse then them all, damn nation, larry and terminator salvation but this takes the piss for sure at least none of those games had glitches in them

After platinuming this game, I gave this a 3. The collectibles are easy to find if you are using the right videos as a guide and the levels flow by quickly if you know what you are doing.

The challenging part to this game is having to manage your character's health, energy and hydration especially during the 4th and 5th levels of the game where your hydration and energy burn up pretty quickly.

Plus, the game has terrible jumping design and the game has tons of gameplay glitches. I encountered a gamebreaking glitch where the game would not load from my checkpoint in the middle of Chapter 4 and all I saw was a black screen.

Fortunately, I backed up my save file before playing Chapter 4 so all I had to do was delete old save file, copy my backup file onto PS3 save folder and replay Chapter 4 all over again.

Born Survivor trophy glitch seems to be a hit & miss for some around here. Born Survivor did not glitch on me but I just can't imagine having to replay this game all over again if it happened to me.

Overall, this game can be platinumed in 1-2 days assuming there are no glitched trophies occurring. Its a shame that the terrible jumping controls, gameplay glitches and the irritating 4th & 5th levels ruined the fun out of this game.

Edited by Sharksfan24

• 4 weeks later...

I went with a generous 3.

There are 2 main reasons for this 3.

A. In the Rocky Mountains, you need to land the parachute on the ground rather than the tree or you'll be lost forever. Nothing tells you that, including the incredibly bare bones trophy guide which should help you.

B. The fucking horse. Again, the game doesn't explain it, the guide doesn't help, and the one video walkthrough contains no commentary. Even after I figured it out thanks to the thread on here talking about it, it still took 10-15 tries to get it. It wouldn't be as bad if this wasn't the most ridiculous part of the entire game. The game is so incredibly easy and I found it very easy to balance my water at all times so this part came out of the blue with an incredible difficulty spike.

If it wasn't for the horse, I would have given this game a 1. The collectibles are very easy with the 2 video guides available and you're rarely at any threat of dehydrating. The worst part besides the horse is worrying about Born Survivor glitching. For me, when I did get incapacitated, I quit to the xmb and it worked fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum # 100 for me.............Boy cant i wait til morning to ship this shitty ass cheap ass game to Gamefly....to me around 2-3 hours to jump into the train...only reason i am not more pissed is cus no trophies messed on me...i got the one for not passing out when the game ended!

Over all i gave it a 2......but jumping into the train was bitch....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah wow that freakn horse part had me pulling my hair out. i turned it off, went to bed, wake and baked and got it in 2 tries. but then damn born survivor didn't pop. i guess it's cuz i kept restarting last checkpoint to get that horse. I will try to run through patagonia again and hope i get it.

just ran through and when sliding down the hill fell in a freaking whole. guess i will try again later after work. if it doesnt pop, should i try to replay the whole game or delete gamedata/save and try again? it will be faster without collectibles but i hope it doesnt take too long. i always continued and was never incapacitated til the last episode. argh. this is beginning to irritate me...

• 3 weeks later...

yeah me too have complate it 3 times now 2 times whit my old save the 3th time i deleted all save profiles and stuff i had to this game and start a new one and played all episod whitout be incapacitated once and never failed on anything else also jump the trian at the first try and no trophie pop:( would not be suprise if u have to get 100% on each episod and not be incapacitated in the same run..

Man vs. Wild platinum difficulty- 2

This game is/was lame. Here's a few notes for all you future adventurers..

This game is easy, but it ain't Megamind easy. In Man vs. Wild, there will be a time were you WILL have to put in some kind of game playing skill effort. Speaking of which..

That horse section was a real bitch! I went through the whole game without ever imploring the Gods once for mercy, but damn.. If someone tells you this part is easy rather than saying it's challenging and leaving it at that, slap em across the mouth. That particular section was balls! It is not easy. To complete it, I used the rubber band method. This method is described in one of the other threads.

I got born survivor on my second no passing out play through. I started from the tutorial level and worked my way towards the ending without dying. As long as you don't see the continue screen I'm sure you'll get it..

Edited by Rubbercons
Lowered my rating. 3's too much.

• 2 weeks later...