Trophy Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_95.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.24

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 1 month later...

Well I don't know about platinum but as far as 100% is concerned I'm rating this a 7/10. Getting all S rank can be quite difficult, particularly with Forbidden Floor because of how tricky it is to get a good combo, and Foughten Field and the final boss because of the diffulty of getting a good time. No repair is tough but not quite as tough as all S rank.

• 1 year later...

5/10

This game is much much easier than what I was expecting I have beaten every boss with a S rank in about a hour excluding the end boss I doubt ill be changing my vote later also really disappointed with this game really isn't much to it, controls kinda suck and the lock on camera is terrible

• 3 months later...

Voted a 7. Finished this the other night. At first I had trouble just beating some of the bosses but after figuring out how to get a good chain going & building up aura it got easier. Perfect guards also help alot. On my no repair run I S ranked all the levels again & finished it a over minute faster than my initial s rank run without even trying to. A challenge but doable.

• 2 months later...

Now that ive finally come back to this game and completed it im officially voting a 5 on the poll this game isn't nearly as difficult as some people would lead you to believe end boss included in fact the end boss can be defeated within 2 openings

• 2 months later...
I was looking over here to get a proper gauge with it coming free to PS+ tomorrow in NA.

Everyone commenting says it's a 4 thru 8, yet the lowest vote in the poll is a 5 with most of them a 9 or 10... Sad.

When in doubt, check how many people have 100%ed it. In PSNp this has 536 100% out of 14,655 players. That tips it heavily to the "hard" side.

Experience with the game's genre will help of course. That's what causes "outlier" votes.

• 3 weeks later...

right...

thats why out of 35 people that voted only u and another guy gave it a 5 and the majority gave it a 9 or a 10 (not including the troll that voted 1 for obvious reasons)

anyway that your opinion but for me its a 9

if it wasn't for its horrible controls i might be able to do better but...

people stay away from this crappy game

right...

thats why out of 35 people that voted only u and another guy gave it a 5 and the majority gave it a 9 or a 10 (not including the troll that voted 1 for obvious reasons)

anyway that your opinion but for me its a 9

if it wasn't for its horrible controls i might be able to do better but...

people stay away from this crappy game

If you really feel like my rating is too low, I will be glad to discuss why it is. I do not believe the controls are too bad. I have played games with much worse controls and to rate this game based on a few awkward button configurations would be silly. Besides, you can also change the controls to whatever you feel is best. I personally feel like this game is very overrated (probably because it has no platinum, that is no excuse either) and to be honest, when you give this a 9 you just compared it to Vanquish. Was it really as difficult as that? Maybe you approached the game in a difficult manner or you do not have much experience in hack 'n slashes. Again, I am open to discussing it with you.

i m not rating the game based on its controls but its a fast paced game and controls are the means to achieve whatever trophy there is making them very important right? so when they "sabotage" you with crappy controls, dodge and lock-on doesnt that add to the difficulty?

like i said before i been playing video games for 30 years now so i got plenty of experience

anyway u felt like giving it a 5 for your reasons i felt like giving it a 9 for my own, no need to start a debate on personal opinions

i m not rating the game based on its controls but its a fast paced game and controls are the means to achieve whatever trophy there is making them very important right? so when they "sabotage" you with crappy controls, dodge and lock-on doesnt that add to the difficulty?

like i said before i been playing video games for 30 years now so i got plenty of experience

anyway u felt like giving it a 5 for your reasons i felt like giving it a 9 for my own, no need to start a debate on personal opinions

Yes, but you are able to change the controls to your liking to make the game easier. Dodge is a slight concern and is only useful for the first and/or second boss and is best used in the air to get somewhere when you cannot Wing. Lock-On is no problem. Double tap locks on the boss, single tap locks on the nearest enemy. Holding allows you to select the enemy you want and you can disable it at any time with R3 (best to set camera speed at 5 for best results). I personally only had a problem with it when I did not know how to use it. I understand you have been playing games for a long time, but we all have our weaknesses, do we not? It seems like hack 'n slash is your weakness. I am not very good at them either.

I believe there is a need for a small debate because maybe I am underrating this and I may have overlooked a few significant things in the game. That is my concern and if someone a reasonable belief that I made a mistake, I am open to listening. :)

Edited by Druoxrodest

i know i suck at fighting games :) i m not saying i m the best in every other genre but i m decent, i beat vanquish which in a way is similar to this

i think i could beat if it wasnt for all the things they made me feel uncomfortable with (camera, controls, dodge, lock on)

you felt comfortable with it i didnt, simple as that :)

i know i suck at fighting games :) i m not saying i m the best in every other genre but i m decent, i beat vanquish which in a way is similar to this

i think i could beat if it wasnt for all the things they made me feel uncomfortable with (camera, controls, dodge, lock on)

you felt comfortable with it i didnt, simple as that :)

I did not really feel comfortable with Dodge and the combos involving the d-pad at first either so I understand. :p

If you don't try to do everything in one playthrough, it's about a 7ish, if you try for S rank, all counters, and no deaths/repair in one playthrough, then yeah it is a 10/10.

That's the point - I can't understand why 14 users gave a 10 for difficulty. I've voted '7'.

The problem is that this is not a 'free trophy' game: Users usually follow a roadmap to get the trophies as fast as possible. Since this roadmap suggests you to do so as well (an excellent roadmap btw) and tells you the quickest (not the easiest) way, those players might struggle with this game: Doing 'all S rank' and 'no repair' together didn't make any sense to me - I've played two playthroughs and got 100% quite quickly that way.

I've already written in the roadmap thread: Respect to all who made those two trophies in one go. In my opinion, it was much easier to get them on individual playthroughs and thus a '7'. Giving a '10' because a player want to torture himself by playing one playthrough only is - in my opinion - just ridiculous.

Edited by LordPegasusSigma

Just finish this 100% a couple hours ago and give it a 5, its not that hard but can be if you dont know where to get good chain and time the insta guard espcially for last boss I guess. Happy I got it free on ps+.

PS: Depend on skill of ppl to do 1 playthrough, done mine in 1 go but i yelled lol.

Edited by Vivile

Just finish this 100% a couple hours ago and give it a 5, its not that hard but can be if you dont know where to get good chain and time the insta guard espcially for last boss I guess. Happy I got it free on ps+.

PS: Depend on skill of ppl to do 1 playthrough, done mine in 1 go but i yelled lol.

Damn, 1 playthrough a 5/10? That is some mad respect there. How difficult was Ashlelei? I can imagine that being who you yelled at.

• 1 month later...