This Game Is Amazing, BUY IT NOW

mcnichoj

I'm interested in this game, but not enough to purchase JP PSN card codes above the current market exchange rate. They're not even shipping me a card, they're literally charging an extra four bucks for typing something in and sending it to me? I dislike this.

I maintain hope that it'll get brought to the american PSN eventually.

Is it all in Japanese? Easy to understand control wise?

I might have to look into this game. Have to say, I have never heard of it.

Half and half really. The dialogue is in Japenese but there isn't alot of it. If you press the start button the menu that comes up is in English, but if you go into any option it changes to Japanese.

As far as controls go.. they're fairly basic.

:square: is the normal attack

:triangle: is the heavy attack

:circle: is block

:cross: is jump

Fairly simple, you'll find out most of the controls out just by messing around. (Or by googling) I'm thinking of writing a guide and road map with all the combos + controls but I'm a fair bit away from 100%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Great game, Kinda nice to take a break from all the first person shooters we get alot of nowadays (not that i won't play them):applause:

LOL :applause:

Know that feeling, all generations of PlayStation always start off with a good variation of genres with more getting added gradually, but then end up getting bombarded with FPS's. Kinda like the devs have great ideas at the onset, develope a few ideas over the first couple of years and then they run dry and just mass produce fps's to stay in the game

I like a good fps just as the next person, but recently I noticed that (again) over 25% of my games are fps's and I just end up running thru them and getting bored before the end. I want more unique games, RPG's and adventures, heck, even more rail-lightgun games just to mix it up.

I decided recently not to buy another fps until I have at least 20 new games that aren't, and since then I've gotten Malicious, Dragon Age II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and a few less noteworthy but very fun games, so I got 14 to go before I'll allow myself another fps

Just saw this game on offer for £5.19 for Plus members, not sure if I should get it as theres no Platinum. Can anyone tell me of the game is actually good. Ive seen the preview but I want an honest opinion other I will pass and prehaps it might be back on sale for less as other titles have done

PSN: versiononev1

TimeZone: GMT (London)

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/197/versiononev1.png

Ace Singh | Facebook

Twiiter @versiononev1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Incredibly difficult game. Will sit on my list at 0% forever.

It's not so hard that you can't get any trophy. Hell, just running around and shooting bullets will get you a few.

I must not get it, because this game sucks to me. The camera is an abomination, the lock-on is a disaster, and the difficulty feels more cheap than hard. What am I missing here? Why do people like this so much? Outside of the aesthetic (which is great, I'll grant), the gameplay would only be meh, even if everything worked.

Well, it was free, so it's fine with me.

It's not so hard that you can't get any trophy. Hell, just running around and shooting bullets will get you a few.

I must not get it, because this game sucks to me. The camera is an abomination, the lock-on is a disaster, and the difficulty feels more cheap than hard. What am I missing here? Why do people like this so much? Outside of the aesthetic (which is great, I'll grant), the gameplay would only be meh, even if everything worked.

I think it is a little cheap. The boss in the Forbidden Floor did its grab attack away from me when I was behind it and it managed to grab me... Probably faulty programming but it leans a lot more on difficult than cheap IMO. I have had no problems with the camera (I am using reversed options so that it is not inverted and max speed).

I do not like the lock on system either, but I want to say that it is me not using it right (tapping instead of holding and letting go, I will try the latter next time).

The game is fun if you like hack 'n slash. It has a different feel when it comes to combos though (I do not like using the d-pad). It is high in the mediocrity level. Could be a lot better.

Anybody know if vita is crossplay and if it unlocks the trophies if they have been done on the PS3 version?

imho one of the worst games i ve ever played and i been playing video games for 30 years now! that says it all

lock on sucks, combos suck, dodge sucks big time and the whole game is like 6 bosses and thats it

oh and no platinum despite the difficulty of this piece of crap

ps. if anyone is going to say that i probably just suck at these kind of games or some bs like that, just check my platinums ;) one that took a lot of button mashing was vanquish but its controls were excellent in comparison to this shit and thats why i managed to beat it

imho one of the worst games i ve ever played and i been playing video games for 30 years now! that says it all

lock on sucks, combos suck, dodge sucks big time and the whole game is like 6 bosses and thats it

oh and no platinum despite the difficulty of this piece of crap

ps. if anyone is going to say that i probably just suck at these kind of games or some bs like that, just check my platinums ;) one that took a lot of button mashing was vanquish but its controls were excellent in comparison to this shit and thats why i managed to beat it

Can you explain the problem with lock on?

I will agree that the combos suck and that some are awkward to do. I see no problem Dodge unless you time it badly, in fact, Guard is a lot more useful.

Nothing wrong with the shortness of this game either (unless you paid which I am assuming you got this for free).

cant describe exactly whats wrong with the lock on but it is not as helpful as in other games but a bit disorienting (like i said thats just my opinion)

dodge i would like to be able to use while moving?! :think:

in which other game you have to stand still before u press the dodge button and a direction so it would work? i dont think there is one...

and having to stop moving before you dodge cancels the meaning of it thats why you found guard to be more helpful

and its not exactly free when i 've paid for a plus subscription is it? ;)

i know that it cant be all ΑΑΑ titles every month but i liked some indie games they put there a lot more than this crap

cant describe exactly whats wrong with the lock on but it is not as helpful as in other games but a bit disorienting (like i said thats just my opinion)

dodge i would like to be able to use while moving?! :think:

in which other game you have to stand still before u press the dodge button and a direction so it would work? i dont think there is one...

and having to stop moving before you dodge cancels the meaning of it thats why you found guard to be more helpful

and its not exactly free when i 've paid for a plus subscription is it? ;)

i know that it cant be all ΑΑΑ titles every month but i liked some indie games they put there a lot more than this crap

Yeah, I would like to still be moving after a dodge but it really is not much of a deal. If you running away and being attack you just need to keep dodging until you are say and then move again. I remember playing a game with a similar dodge, but I really can not remember it.

I believe even if you could move after a dodge, Guard would still be more useful as a dodge has limited invincibility frames compared to Guard when you hold it. Plus Guard can block 1 Hit Kill attacks while trying to dodge will get you killed. :p

Good point, well you probably got you PS+'s worth is what I meant.

Since I have PS Plus and is hell bent on getting all games to 100%, I set-up an second account. That way I can get my money's worth by trying all PS+ games on offer without having to clutter my PSN trophy list with unfinished games.

If I don't feel the game on the alt-account, I delete them. If I dig the game, I carry on to my main account.

Simples! I'm getting pretty bored with FPS so I'm looking at trying indie and Japanese games nowadays.

Edited by Naps

I have to say this has bored me. I quit after 10 mins, I'd rather play Joe Danger.

Same exact thing I did.

Exactly.

I guess there is people that like it. But I am with those that did not. For the above reasons. Specially the camera after 10 mins of dealing with the camere, even inverted the cam controls. I got bored. and never was able to handle the camera. Sometimes the cam will automatically point to a different direction than were you want it.

To me the worst is the camera.:mad: