is this game worth the rent?

I just rented MLB 09 the show and i couldn't do anything on that game when it came to hitting. so i sent it back to gamefly after playing it all day and pretty much sucking at it all day. but im still in the mood to play a baseball game. i actually didn't know this game was out beings that it doesn't get talked about too much. so is this game worth renting? im not too great at todays baseball games so i want a baseball game with some simple controls and that isn't too hard to be honest.

I just rented MLB 09 the show and i couldn't do anything on that game when it came to hitting. so i sent it back to gamefly after playing it all day and pretty much sucking at it all day. but im still in the mood to play a baseball game. i actually didn't know this game was out beings that it doesn't get talked about too much. so is this game worth renting? im not too great at todays baseball games so i want a baseball game with some simple controls and that isn't too hard to be honest.

I'm not good at baseball games, but I am able to play this game fairly well and the controls aren't bad at all. Even if it takes a little bit of practice at the beginning, you get used to it quickly.

I would definitely recommend this game over The Show, but I'm only able to compare it to MLB 07: The Show at the moment. Not sure how different 09 is.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing the 2k baseball games since 2003/2004 when EA lost the rights to the MVP series. I hate hitting using the analog stick, which sounds like the issue you might be having. In the options menu you can change the hitting to "Classic Mode" which lets you just press "x" to swing. This might help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this game, but the graphics are subpar, defense can be troublesome, and for as good as the commentary is, I found it got old VERY fast (mostly because it's all geared for the first game of the season, not the 20th, let alone beyond).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you can get it new for $20 at some places, so a rent might be silly, especially if you end up liking it.

EDIT: lol, man this thread is old. Sorry, didn't notice. :)