Trap Master Farming Confirmed!!

Like many I was at end of game and did not have enough trap kills, I started new game and the place for farming is the first boulder you get to maybe 20-30 minutes into story, maybe less, it is in the grave yard, what you do is lure the three enemies that are on the side in the path of the boulder, when you crush them, run back to I believe it is called the power plant the spot where you first hear about about taking out the leader or more enemies will re-spawn, just look at map as soon as you are out of graveyard turn around and head right back to boulder, it will re-spawn and so will the same three enemies, I believe there is a treasure up where the boulder is ignore it, don't even go up there, rinse and repeat and a few minutes or so the trophy will be yours. :applause:

• Like 1

:eek: I didn't have any problems at all with this trophy, got it on my first playthrough[spoiler=windflare88-1]when I was in the crystal lands!

I'm rather concerned about the 300 combination attack kills since it's the only trophy missing to my plat now...-_- I keep killing the mobs with the finishing attacks... /sigh

I also found a spot that is not a glitche but it takes longer. At the Grangache Ravine Dig Site there is a tunnel with 2 walls of fire. At end of tunnel on the left is an archer with 3 of those explosive traps that look like eyes (there are also gas ones) behind him, IGNORE him at first. Keep running to the right and kill 2 soldiers first. Leave Majin there around corner and go back and quickly run underneath archer. Now depending on how strong you are (Tepeu was at lvl 28 when i did this) jump and hit him twice, then run out and turn and throw a stone at trap. Go ahead or back to another room and return, archer and traps are always there. Also u get some exp. along the way.

Edited by Legoman

I also found a spot that is not a glitche but it takes longer. At the Grangache Ravine Dig Site there is a tunnel with 2 walls of fire. At end of tunnel on the left is an archer with 3 of those explosive traps that look like eyes (there are also gas ones) behind him, IGNORE him at first. Keep running to the right and kill 2 soldiers first. Leave Majin there around corner and go back and quickly run underneath archer. Now depending on how strong you are (Tepeu was at lvl 28 when i did this) jump and hit him twice, then run out and turn and throw a stone at trap. Go ahead or back to another room and return, archer and traps are always there. Also u get some exp. along the way.

Thanks for this!

I didn't want to start a new game for this trophy cause I figured I only needed a few more trap kills for it and sure enough I did this 5 times and Trap Master popped followed by the Platinum! :dance:

Thanks a ton :), this helped me get the trophy as the boulder smashing way didn't respawn for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday this trophy popped up and I wondered why... Majin got the fire-ability. Right after that there is a fight against some respawning soldiers. What I did was do the fire attack with the Majin (you have to stand inside the fire!). Now you can lit the soldiers by yourself, just touch them. You don´t loose any energy and the trophy seems to pop up using this method...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ive been playing for more than 1 hour now and still not reached any graveyard!!!??

Counting the 30 minutes I farmed back stabbing and waiting for it to turn to night a few times it took just under two hours to get there.

Though it didn't comeback for me but I didn't need it, in the castle I got 10 trap deaths in total and from two other boulders alone I got 10 more (the one past the grave yard got one) and the pillars in the graveyard in total got me 7 or 8.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trap kills are easy, as I got a lot of the counts from killing enemies with explosive barrels, as they also count towards the total, and explosive barrels are everywhere and certain ones respawn right away after use.

Edited by ChuenF

• 3 weeks later...