Rate the trophy difficulty...  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.10

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave it a 2 ... just finished it and only have the Combination Master and the Brave One left ... it's just Timeconsuming and get's a little harder due to Majin-AI-Problems at the end (well i died 2 times, first because i underestimated the enemy at the begining ;P and once at the end because Majin refused to do what i told him and run straight into a group of enemies which whiped us in seconds xD ... but that's about it)

But all in all it's a really great game and was definately worth my money and time :D

Edited by SoulFry

I can only agree.

It's not a hard game to plat but it's very much enjoyable, especially if you haven't played a nice fantasy adventure in ages!

Hence I'm voting a 2 aswell.

Leveling for the last 2 trophies was easier than the 300 combo kills, which itself isn't much of a challenge... The free DLC amazon offered for pre-ordering it (mechanic set) helped in the end because with it's special weapon you're able to draw huge amounts of coloured orbs (both kinds) out of all surrounding enemies as a finishing attack.

Took me maybe an hour, if not even less, to get Tapeu from 28 to 31 and freindship from 16 to 21 at the same time.

All in all I'm still loving this game and will continue to take on the DLC challenges when more come out :3 :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rated this a 3.

Nothing too complicated about this game. You don't have to play through it a second time or on hard difficulty. The collectibles are easy to spot and with a little bit of routine, you'll get them all without difficulties.

The only thing that takes some preparation are the combat-related trophies, espacially Trap Master and the elemental finishers. The thing is: Until you really build up friendship with the majin, the gauge just doesn't fill up quick enough or there are not enough enemies at once to perform these finishers until late in the game. I had to grind for about an hour to get the Level to the max.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I give it a 1. There was nothing difficult about it. I hope they make a second one because I really enjoyed this game. It was a lot different from what I usually play. I thought it had a Twilight Princess (One of my top 3 all-time favorite games) feel to it.

Edited by AmereckanPsycho
Spelling error.

Voted a 3, probably shoulda gone with a 2. The hardest part of the game was dealing with the godawful dialogue and voicework. That's not a joke, it was fucking atrocious in a way I have never seen from any other game. Didn't appreciate the Friendship grind at the end, either.

On the other hand, I really appreciate a game where it lets you know where the collectibles you still need to get are within a reasonably small environment, if ya gotta get all the collectibles anyway. And I enjoyed looking for them, didn't ever need to check a guide for a tricky one.

I gave this a 4. Now the game itself isn't too hard but you will die at incredibly annoying times which is not fun. You also can't skip cutscenes so if you die prepare for some annoyance there.

Now the reason I gave this a 4 is because its so so tedious getting all the collectibles. Any game that requires backtracking for collectible trophies sucks. Add to the fact that memory shards only come out at night and you have some of the worst collectibles in a game. Yet another problem is the collectibles in the first level. I missed a treasure chest because they don't appear on the mini map and had to start over, wasting 40 minutes. I think its bullshit that the guide here doesn't include a collectibles walkthrough. Thankfully, Xbox360achievements had one.

Finally, the game requires grinding. Sure, it takes only around 3 hours but its still annoying because you would never even be close to max friendship level in the final level. I also found doing some of the finish attack trophies to be annoying because I didn't feel like waiting til the last castle to try. Thankfully, that spot is great for grinding levels.

Overall, the game itself isn't too bad but its just a bargain version of Ico. Its not bad but its not really special or memorable. With tedious collectibles and grinding, I'd say its only worth playing if you want a platinum but there are worse experiences you could have.